It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police battle May Day protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Police battle May Day protesters

news.bbc.co.uk

Clashes have broken out in a number of countries as unions used traditional May Day marches to protest against the handling of the global economic crisis.

In the Turkish city of Istanbul, riot police fired tear gas and water cannon as protesters threw petrol bombs and attacked banks and shops.

Police made dozens of arrests in the German capital, Berlin, where protesters set fire to cars.

Greek police battled to quell rioters in Athens after banks were attacked.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
and more to come. the summer riots are still ahead. but the recent protests are a good forecaster of the coming events. as soon as the world economies will drawn finally we will face a real stuff.

and the "flu panic" is not going to stop it. I am sure that the "pandemia" was created and probably flu itself worked out by the governments itself. just a simple logic - we are living in the pernament pandemia of ordinary flu all the time. and what? that is a risk we take all our lives. so why all the histeria about the "swine" one?

it is all to keep us home when they will need us to be quite.

so let's see how it goes. today we can taste a bit of summer fight club.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The hippy will always get what he deserves.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I have just found out that in France all the unions are going together to start protests against the government. on 4th there will be some meeting on which they are going to make a schedule. it looks like it is going to develop soon.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Because setting cars on fire and damaging property they could have sold is a brilliant way to protest a bad economy.

Protests are fine as long as they are planned out an have a specific agenda. When they aren't planned, they just turn into a bunch of angry people doing stupid stuff.

Or they turn out to be a bunch of people playing music, eating hot dogs, then going back home and doing nothing until the next social gathering of "I feel good protesting because I am showing my importance" comes around again.

Change doesn't happen when you work on it sometimes and then buy into it other times. Its called diligence. Something the world has lost between their lawn chairs and music festivals.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1
Yes!!

Were they planning on keeping people home using the Flu, or rather- the panic of the flu- so people wouldn't go to large gatherings?

I agree!

I saw a Yahoo! Poll a few days ago where it was asked if people would go to a Mexican Resort even if the flu was running rampant.

I voted yes, just to screw with the polls, even though the media did a good job in the opening sequences in truly scaring me. I would've said 'no'

Results: only 13% said yes
, 87%, said no.

I wonder if the poll was to gauge the public's reaction to this very likely trumped-up flu so they would have a good picture of the upcoming protests:

Were people more likely to come to the protests if they knew the engineered flu was running around, or would they stay home- fearful of dying a horrible death from this laboratory-designed bug, which, so far, has resulted in either 2-500 deaths, depending on who you ask.

In my opinion the secret government/ families in power will have to risk introducing an laboratory-engineered hemorrhagic virus similar to the Ebola Virus in an effort to ramp up the fear factor.

Either that, or they will release more severe or mutagenic strains of the flu that while may be mild at this moment and depending on the hygiene of the location you live in, may become more severe as environmental foundations degrades or the flu may mutate into a hemorrhagic variety.

Hundreds or thousands people dead after vomiting up their guts...That's a good way to keep the summer of rage at bay, and the Powers-That-Be HAVE considered/ acted upon on this in an increasingly desperate attempt in imposing a Iron Will upon the world, with them and their families as true Royalty once again.

The battle for our hearts and minds will be ferocious in the years ahead.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Munin

Or they turn out to be a bunch of people playing music, eating hot dogs, then going back home and doing nothing until the next social gathering of "I feel good protesting because I am showing my importance" comes around again.

Harsh judgement indeed! Especially for those who attend protests because they believe in the cause being supported.

Europe has a long history of social and political change brought about as a result of the rising up in protest of the imperially oppressed and exploited masses.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

well said. I also belive that the whole pandemia issue is all about keeping the people out of streets. but I frankly belive that if they do not have some better ideas they won't be successful. none of my friends is taking seriously the whole panic. so I will look forward the summer and I hope to see the people taking the power back from the mafia governmet.

new topics

top topics

join