It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outcry to close the US Mexico Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Okay I know this is a heated subject but... in the local news today there was another heated outcry to close our borders...

I don't know if we can close it, at least not without complicating our lives... remember a lot of our food comes from south of the border.. remember all those factories that moved down there? if they close the border how will they ship goods north? What would you do when on that trip to wal-mart half the shelves lay empty?

I know they say this flu will have little effect on our struggling economy but I don't think so I think closing the borders might just be the tipping point...

Okay so what do you think? is it worth leaving open and taking the risk of more sick people sneaking over or shut it now and see what happens?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Seems like closing the gate after cow, er, pig, is out. Maybe a week ago, but it's far too late now.

However, I saw on MSN that the flu might have started in California, not Mexico, in which case the whole conversation is moot.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetpeanc

Seems like closing the gate after cow, er, pig, is out. Maybe a week ago, but it's far too late now.

However, I saw on MSN that the flu might have started in California, not Mexico, in which case the whole conversation is moot.

really Cali?

I said it may have not started in Mexico two days ago, seems some odd flu was already here, how do we know the spring breakers didn't take it there?

What did you hear ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetpeanc

Moot or not what people keep pointing out is our (So far) only death was from a tot visiting this country from Mexico. lots of Texans are angry the parents of this sick child took him to a mall shopping shortly before his death....

Many of the close it now cite these sick people coming up from Mexico are simply infecting more Americans and the government should put a stop to now while it can still be contained

[edit on 1-5-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Just allow essential supplies across the border. People who can prove emergencies such as family deaths and such. Sounds simple to me.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There's a lot of back and forth daily traffic between US and Mexico... they even have an express lane for legal workers coming over...

With that in mind if I were sick I would rather be sent to an American hospital we treat anyone regardless... So it might be the first offically reported case came out of calif

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

There's a lot of back and forth daily traffic between US and Mexico... they even have an express lane for legal workers coming over...

With that in mind if I were sick I would rather be sent to an American hospital we treat anyone regardless... So it might be the first offically reported case came out of calif

So it might be the first offically reported case came out of calif

yea that makes sense

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Hmm. Close the border when there is a highly contagious outbreak for which we have no defense?

Nah. That's just what the virus EXPECTS us to do.

No.... Our plan is to allow as many people to travel back and forth as possible. In that way the virus will become cocky and give away its position. We'll trap it here in the USA and contain the threat.

Genius!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Whatthehell?

Okay count me in but lets try to force it into NYC... that's how they got Godzilla remember?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I still think this thing has been around for a few months.

Doctors tracking swine flu in California are investigating a new theory: What if it didn't originate in Mexico but instead had been floating around the border region for months?

Growing evidence in California suggests that early flu cases had no apparent origin in Mexico. Many of the early California victims — including the first two cases — say they hadn't traveled to Mexico and had no contact with pigs. Some may have fallen ill before the first Mexicans did.

I found that news article,

Not trying to derail your topic, either way a closed border would have helped.\\I guess.

shrrrrrugs

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well if you look at the agenda behind globalization and the 'pandemic', then closing the borders is the last thing TPTB want.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
check this out

Michael Shaw, associate director for laboratory science for the influenza division of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the flu theoretically could have appeared first in California, but he cautioned against drawing any conclusions since the strain also exhibited genetic characteristics traceable to Eurasia.

The first case discovered in California was a 10-year-old boy in San Diego County, who fell ill with a fever March 30.

March30th?

Why didn't we hear anything then?

I was sick around then with that odd flu

also exhibited genetic characteristics traceable to Eurasia?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

So it might be the first offically reported case came out of calif

yea that makes sense

Personally i think they are trying to confuse people with all these stories. People covering there tracks.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by sweetpeanc

Moot or not what people keep pointing out is our (So far) only death was from a tot visiting this country from Mexico. lots of Texans are angry the parents of this sick child took him to a mall shopping shortly before his death....

Many of the close it now cite these sick people coming up from Mexico are simply infecting more Americans and the government should put a stop to now while it can still be contained

AHHHHHHH

AIRPLANES

100,000 + people a week

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Personally i think they are trying t confuse people with all these stories.

Well they are doing a good job of that, andy.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer 777
March30th?
Why didn't we hear anything then?
I was sick around then with that odd flu
also exhibited genetic characteristics traceable to Eurasia?

Just last light my daughter called me worried about the grand baby maybe getting sick. I reminded her if we're all gonna get this thing then I'd rather get it today, before the hospitals get clogged up.... So here you may be lucky if you had it... you done and over with it right? now you get to sit back and tell us "It wasn't that bad"...

Anyway I think were beyond where it started here there somewhere... what people know is people are dying in Mexico and we should not let them up here to make us die too...

Now look I'm a real open minded about this whole deal personally I think the Mexicans are getting a raw deal... but just a little while ago I had to run to home depot... this Mexican fellow got in line behind me and without thinking I got out of line and went to another register... wasn't until I got home I realized what I had done... there just somethings you just cant get out of your mind... even if your gut says it ain't so.

join