It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornado in a can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well not really, but the uses for this are limitless. Of course, someone will probably attempt to dispose of a body in it then it will be a "bad thing"
Anyway it's an interesting read

"Polifka, with no more than a high school education and a creative way of looking at problems, has been working on the Windhexe for 15 years. He calls it the �Tornado in a Can� � a system for safely harnessing the enormous power of a funnel cloud in a small industrial machine. "

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That is very, very interesting, as it is a possible solution to the landfill problem facing many countries. It could be used as an alternative to recycling and melting of metals, plastics, etc. I'm not sure if this is such a safe use for it, but all the toxic waste and nuclear material kept in the middle of the US could be significantly reduced. Maybe as this technology develops, there will be smaller domestic units for use in homes and such. The possibilities are truly endless. Nice find.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree, my first thought was "Cool no more trips to the trash can" Of course there would have to be somekind of safety feature that would not allow your 4 year old to put the cat in and take it for a spin

Meoooow..........

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
LOL, imagine having a 8V (8 vortex) engine! How cool does that sound?

On a more serious level, I'm sure this could be used as ALMOST free-energy (almost free becasue of the electricity needed to run the machine). Also, I'm sure as this technology develops, it will become quiter, smaller, more efficiant, and cheaper (as all technology does).

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
...someone will probably attempt to dispose of a body in it then it will be a "bad thing"

This is very interesting..thanks for the post! I'm actually surprised it hasn't been more publicized.

Of course, as far as you rcomment about the 'body disposal'...my immediate thoughts were "Soylent Green"

top topics

join