It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abduction-Dream Theories???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Does anyone have any thoughts as to the link between dreams and abductions (or if there even IS a link) ??? I've never had what you'd call "normal" dreams, to begin with, but once every couple of weeks I'll have a whopper (usually UFO/Alien/Abduction-related) that puts me in a funk for days after.
Does it sound like I'm possibly being abducted & my head's been tampered with, or is my head already so far out in space that these thoughts are coming in my sleep at regular intervals??
Thoughts?
Theories?
Really....anyone...????

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

I am not sure about this one.

Some people insist that dreams are linked to abductions. They believe that, while asleep, beings (aliens) from different dimensions - some believe them as personal spirit guides - materialise and take our souls, and sometimes bodies, onto their ships or into space. Here they, supposedly, do their work examining our bodies, showing us secrets about the world we will unlock later in our waking state, and strategically placing implants, and also experimenting sexually.

It could be that some people want interaction with UFOs or aliens so bad that their brains manifest dreams about it.

The human brain and imagination is so powerful that these dreams can be so real that it tricks us into believeing that there is more to them than just our imagination or compilation of memories.

Your brain is so powerful that you can go to sleep in a bad mood and have a dream that is very positive, even revelationary, that causes the endorphins to release. When you awake your mood will be extremely changed, sometimes magically causeing (?) you to feel like you are a changed person and in one of the best moods that you have ever been in. Your brain can do this in just a few hours, imagine what it can conjure up during a few weeks, or months, when bombarded by a psychosis that includes extreme belief - or wanting - in alien life or abductions.

Without the presence of actual UFOs and aliens and the desire to see them and interact with them your brain could very, very easily manufacture images and memories of abduction experience based on what you know, and even the absence of knowledge, about UFOs and aliens.

Then again there is the possibility that these experiences are 100% real.

Either way, it is what it is. If it is 100% real to you and you feel it really happened, then it did! I mean if the memories and story line are real then the situation must be real or it wouldn't exist in any form.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Perception of reality is a great field of study to philosophy, psychology, and the cognitive sciences. Its a very long subject that you should study if you want understand a little the human being.

If you like the threads about skulls, statues and other things in the moon or mars it's a MUST to learn about Perception.

After perception you can delve into hypotheses of dreaming and make your own decision about the subject.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There was a University Study done, after a theory was posited by Terrance McKenna who noted that Alien Abduction accounts sounded strikingly similar to the '___' experience, that provided evidence that doses of dimethyltryptamine did indeed create a similar experience, and that those who recalled Alien Abduction experiences while asleep, tended to have increased levels of dimethyltryptamine immediately after.

Dimethyltryptamine is a naturally occurring tryptamine in the brain, also found in concentrated amounts in some hallucinogens, is somehow linked to the levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin. We aren't entirely sure of the purpose of dimethyltryptamine in the brain, but it is definitely an inhibitor of 5-HT2A and Sigma-1 receptors and also has been shown to activate the 5-HT2C receptor.

Increased levels of dimethyltryptamine elevate blood pressure, heart rate, pupil diameter, and rectal temperature, in addition to elevating blood concentrations of beta-endorphin, corticotropin, cortisol, prolactin, and growth hormones.

It is believed, and although evidence points us in this direction it is yet unsubstantiated, that dimethyltryptamine is what allows us to Lucid Dream, have Near Death Experiences, and Mystical Experiences. Studies have shown increased levels of dimethyltryptamine in those that experience these things, but a direct correlation has yet to be determined.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
First of all, thanks for feedback everyone, keep it coming! And second, I'm not sure what scares me more...this sort of thing actually happening, or the fact that my own brain can betray me into thinking it is. (I always thought of my mind as the safest place to be, if I can't trust it then what can I trust, right?!).

I have, indeed, been fascinated by the UFO/Alien Phenomenon for quite a while. I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast...just highly open-minded. I've had lucid dreams before, strong enough to stay with me in meticulous detail over the course of a few years...and some actually strong enough make me get up and walk around at night.

But the dream that prompted me to actually log on and start a thread is one that I've actually had before. Not exactly the same, but the theme is similar. I won't go into particulars, just to note that it is slightly sexual in nature (the act is the same in theory, but the process isn't as...abrupt. I hope this makes sense to someone) and in the dreams I am fully aware that my....partner, isn't human. The weird part, is that I am strangely okay with this (in the dream), that I'm aware of it and sorta thinking "this is how it's supposed to be. It's okay". English really fails me at this point, sounds kinda lame when I actually have to put the thoughts into words...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
UPDATE: I've had a new dream.....this one left me shaken for about an hour or two after I woke up.

I was in a house...looking for someone, when a man approached me. I remembered being apprehensive because of an outbreak (or invasion) of beings on the outside. These beings could look very much like humans....until they turned. When they turned, their eyes changed, and a long tube-thing came out of their mouths. (This tube-thing would be extended into the victim, down into the chest cavity where something was poked, or stuck, and the victim would turn into one of them) Also, when they made their eyes change....it put the victim under some sort of spell where they couldn't look away, and would be complicit for the change....

The guy backed me into a corner and was angling his head to try to catch my gaze, but I wouldn't look at him. I put my head down and clamped my lips & eyes shut. He put his hand over my nose. I glanced up, and his eyes started to change around the outer part of the irises...it was like the color of the irises splintered into fragments, and the centers were milky. I shut my eyes hard again. I felt his lips on mine....I tried to fight him....I felt the tube part my lips and start to slide down my throat. I jolted awake when the tube pierced by heart.

I read a lot. But I've read NOTHING in the past few months from which my subconcious could pull something like THIS from. Granted....there is no greater act of violation (that I can think of ) than having some inhuman thing run a tube down my throat against my will....but good god. I'm almost afraid to sleep anymore

Any thoughts??? Suggestions???

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

Just as I believe that out of body journeys are real I believe that some abductions are able to be carried out on that realm by beings that probably have a much deeper understanding of the etheric/esoteric sciences and know how to manipulate events in that environment.

These are things we are barley able to touch upon yet we know this other realm exists even if it is only on the subjective level – it still exists in a way.

I think that unlike the out of body experience where you willing go where the experience takes you, the out of body abduction would stand to reason as being something that would wipe you out for a long time on many levels. This is understandable I guess because to think about the implications, your “spirit” for want of a better word has been taken unwillingly from its vessel and I would not think that this is something that would have many positive side effects for the abducted in the short term at least.

I believe dreams are a window to other worlds anyway so what I say does make sense to me that a reality we can barely see is a reality to others that can perceive it like we can perceive water or smoke. It would be a logical step to thus assume that these shadowy beings can use this realm so well they can hide within it like someone pulling a blanket over themselves.

I have read we can see only a fraction of what is in front of us and around us – I wonder in what context this sentence was meant.

Then there is another saying, “god see’s everything” – God or something else?

Being godless I assume something else a lot less supernatural and something more outside our knowledge of natural is doing all the “seeing”.

*edit*

Annoying typos

[edit on 16-12-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If I were you I wouldnt worry that I am being abducted.This earth has billions and billions of people.The odds of you being abducted are so low you would have a better chance of getting struck by lightning on a clear sunny day.
Many facts that are mostly overlooked by believers is that many abductions that seem to be truly viable(Fire in the sky) were more of a cause and effect of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.If the above story was true it seems that they accidently injured the logworker and took him up to examine and cure him.Dont expect every alien to be so kind.

In my humble opinion if you were abducted the chances of them taking there time to wipe your memory and return you back to where you came from are very slim.Dont be foolish enough to think that all these missing people all over the world,all fell to murdering humans.I find it odd these peoples bodys just disappear of the face of the earth thousands of times a year.
Aliens I would imagine they look at us as another breed of animals.And the same way we kill and cut open species to understand how they work,why would they not have the same attitude.
I mean people believe in the value of life but why would aliens?They have no problem slaughtering a cow and leaving its rotted corpse laying in a field.What makes you think they wouldnt do it to us.

Not trying to scare you,just open you to the fact dreams are one thing and you will always wake up once there over.But if your abducted by aliens you may just be another cold dead body on there examining table written off as scientific investigation of the human species.

new topics

top topics

join