It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bioshield Two: And Now For Some Real "Pandemic" Insight... If You Dare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I remember here in Quebec in the 70's there was secret selective sterilization performed at the discretion of doctors - my little brother was hospitalized for flue like symptoms and treated for meningitis and he is now sterile, I was "accidentally" sterilized by a black Haitian doctoress at 24.

I strongly believe selective immunization could also be in the program.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

HulaAnglers: I remember here in Quebec in the 70's there was secret selective sterilization performed at the discretion of doctors - my little brother was hospitalized for flue like symptoms and treated for meningitis and he is now sterile, I was "accidentally" sterilized by a black Haitian doctoress at 24.

HulaAnglers, you and your little brother will have your day. Pharmaceutical companies have been complicit in this.

Abbott Laboratories
Product: Depakote, divalproex sodium, valproate sodium

Visiting the highly patrolled Wikipedia page we see:

Valproate semisodium (INN) or divalproex sodium (USAN) consists of a compound of sodium valproate and valproic acid in a 1:1 molar relationship in an enteric coated form. It is used in the UK and U.S. for the treatment of the manic episodes of bipolar disorder. In rare cases, it is also used as a treatment for major depressive disorder, and increasingly taken long-term for prevention of both manic and depressive phases of bipolar disorder, especially the rapid-cycling variant. It is also used in the US for the treatment of epilepsy, chronic pain associated with neuropathy, and migraine headaches. Its chemical name is sodium hydrogen bis(2-propylpentanoate). The extended release formulation allows for a single daily dose.

Nowhere do you read it's status as a histone de-acetylase inhibitor (HDAC)!

What's an HDAC?

Histone deacetylases (HDAC) (EC number 3.5.1) are a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups from an ε-N-acetyl lysine amino acid on a histone. Its action is opposite to that of histone acetyltransferase.

What's an HDAC inhibitor?

Histone deacetylase inhibitors (HDIs) have a long history of use in psychiatry and neurology as mood stabilizers and anti-epilectics, for example, valproic acid. More recently, HDIs are being studied as a mitigator or treatment for neurodegenerative diseases.[14][15] Also in recent years, there has been an effort to develop HDIs for cancer therapy, and Vorinostat (SAHA) has recently been approved for treatment of cutaneous T cell lymphoma (CTCL). The exact mechanisms by which the compounds may work are unclear, but epigenetic pathways are proposed.[16] In addition, a clinical trial is studying valproic acid effects on the latent pools of HIV in infected persons.[17]

Exact Mechanisms Unclear?!?! BULL#!

Valproate induces widespread epigenetic reprogramming which involves demethylation of specific genes.
Milutinovic S, D'Alessio AC, Detich N, Szyf M.
Carcinogenesis. 2007 Mar;28(3):560-71. Epub 2006 Sep 28.

Our data supports the concept that chromatin acetylation and DNA methylation are found in a dynamic interrelation and that the consequences of HDAC inhibitors are not limited to changes in histone acetylation but that they also bring about a change in the state of modification of DNA. The implications of our results on the future therapeutic utilities of VPA in cancer will be discussed.

DNA Changes? Hmm that sounds a little...well as long as it's good for some cancers...

Influence of global sperm DNA methylation on IVF results. Benchaib M, Braun V, Ressnikof D, Lornage J, Durand P, Niveleau A, Guérin JF. ...

RESULTS: Sixty-three conventional IVF cycles were performed, 760 oocytes were retrieved, an average of 8.1 +/- 4.8 embryos was obtained, and 2.4 embryos were transferred. Neither the fertilization rate nor the rate of good quality embryos was correlated with the DNA methylation level (r = -0.1 and r = -0.08 respectively; not significant). When sperm DNA methylation was >555 arbitrary units, the pregnancy rate was 33.3% compared with 8.3% in the lower (

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm sorry to take the thread further off topic with that particular drug Depakote...but it is part and parcel of the kind of GROSS NEGLIGENCE by massive numbers of "professionals" who are supposed to keep up on their readings!

How many kids taking this # today are going to have to pay for IVF?

Investing in Depakote (Abbott) ...might as well invest in IVF also... Bet you'd find a few New world order when you cross reference those investing in both. It's these kind of sinister investment schemes that really screw up our society! Perverse Incentive!

Lots of Life in IVF Market

Of the other big groups in Australia, Sydney IVF is an unlisted public company, about 75% owned by practitioners, while Melbourne IVF and Queensland Fertility Group have small shareholder registries that also appear dominated by doctors.

It's as if it's the DOCTORS VERSUS the POPULACE!

Here's some more links for you fun peoples:
In vivo application of histone deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin-a impairs murine male meiosis.
Fenic I, Hossain HM, Sonnack V, Tchatalbachev S, Thierer F, Trapp J, Failing K, Edler KS, Bergmann M, Jung M, Chakraborty T, Steger K.

In vivo effects of histone-deacetylase inhibitor trichostatin-A on murine spermatogenesis.
Fenic I, Sonnack V, Failing K, Bergmann M, Steger K.
J Androl. 2004 Sep-Oct;25(5):811-8.

Widespread epigenetic abnormalities suggest a broad DNA methylation erasure defect in abnormal human sperm.
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, United States of America.

CONCLUSIONS: This is the first report of a broad epigenetic defect associated with abnormal semen parameters. Our results suggest that the underlying mechanism for these epigenetic changes may be improper erasure of DNA methylation during epigenetic reprogramming of the male germ line.

This Depakote thing is the biggest thing I've ever found in my cursory medical browsing.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by elusive1]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So now that I have provided you with an incontrovertibly true example of a worldwide depopulation program, with thoroughly (un)read psychiatrists as the "innocent" (dare I say negligent or complicit) and "professional" musclemen, and now that the WHO has issued dire warnings about HIV A/H1N1 recombination making an aerial HIV hybrid a possibility, does anyone want to reconsider the depopulation theory or have any further examples/counterexamples?

[edit on 3-5-2009 by elusive1]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I know a lot of you people out there are feeling frustration maybe even disgust from that information...

But now I got a gut feeling that you beautiful people reading this thread should hear one more link...something that could possibly be a piece of the puzzle you all wish you knew the answer to....I know you guys might be riled up reading the above, but I want you to zoom out for a second okay? Chill out and take a gander at this gem of a Theory I stumbled upon...

The Neanderthal Theory of Autism Aspergers and ADHD

If you didn't read the link don't knee-jerk respond with negativity...I'm just like a worm eating the apple of truth to the core.

So back in the day mankind as we knew it consisted of at least two distinct subspecies of hominid, Cro Magnon and Neanderthal. Modern technology confirms they interbred. So the question is, who's a Neanderthal? Well when the last remaining holdouts of Neanderthal species were dissolved into the modern human gene pool, they left tell-tale genetic markers. Those areas are known to be the Caucausus and Pyrenees mountains. From there those epigenetic markers of Neanderthal spread throughout the world...until social disabilities due to high IQ (bipolar, aspergers) and archaic (outdated) facial recognition circuitry not recognizing modern faces (autism) were classified as medically treatible by a Pharmaceutical Industry Run Wild...with sterilizing medicine...rather than a local depot which does not affect genitalia fertility.

Not trying to make racial superiority btw, each race has problems of their own. I'm trying to make a covert eugenics case with the only racial epigenetic info I know of...the higher incidence of migraine...etcetera listed in the above link...

This information could generate much divisive racially charged language and I want to keep things civilized. Peace and understanding is the answer.

Love rests best on the heart of the empty.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elusive1

More on this company "Novavax"

Company's homepage HERE

How Fast Could a Swine Flu Vaccine Be Produced?

At the biotech company Novavax, researchers are testing the use of virus-like particles (VLP), instead of the virus itself, to stimulate a flu immune response. Using this method, a vaccine for the 2009 H1N1 virus could be in production in 10 to 12 weeks, rather than the usual four to six months. "We have made vaccines against multiple flu strains and tested them in humans and gotten relevant and robust immune responses, which checks off the major boxes that the technology works against flu," says Rahul Singhvi, president and CEO of Novavax.

Novavax's strategy involves isolating three proteins from the virus that flag the human immune system, which then churns out neutralizing antibodies against the proteins. These antibodies are robust enough to fight off the actual virus should an immunized person become infected. This is the same way the recently developed vaccine against human papilloma virus, Gardasil, works. "It provides the look and feel of the flu virus but does not have the genetic materials to cause disease," Singhvi says. (Read about the vaccine being prepared in case of a pandemic.)

A VLP vaccine may also prove easier to develop since all it requires is an accurate genetic sequence of three critical virus genes. That could especially help with swine flu, since researchers found back in the 1970s that the virus doesn't grow well in chicken eggs; that could slash the yield and slow production of a potential new vaccine. "As long as we get the genetic sequence of some viral proteins, it doesn't matter where the virus came from — human, swine or bird," says Singhvi. So far, Novavax's shot is still in the testing phase, but its VLP-based vaccines against seasonal and bird flu are providing good results. The company stands ready to try its strategy against swine flu if needed. "The CDC is aware of what we are doing, and we have offered to help both the Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC," says Singhvi.

This one dated 20 Feb 09 (good timing to push their new VLP drugs on the government)
Novavax Reports Positive Preclinical Results For A Novel, Broadly Cross-Protective H5N1 Pandemic Influenza Virus-like Particle (VLP) Vaccine Candidate

NOVAVAX (Nasdaq: NVAX) announced favorable preclinical results for a new broadly immunogenic pandemic influenza virus-like particle (VLP) vaccine candidate that provided protection against several H5N1 virus strains.

An interesting snippet from the company's homepage:

The unique economics of manufacturing in disposable systems is such that the need for large central facilities to drive low cost of goods is eliminated. Instead, smaller facilities can be built and operated economically and hence distributed to regions that need a local supply of influenza vaccine. This is particularly important to pandemic influenza supply as vaccine access is expected to be limited in the event of a pandemic and countries may have a desire to be self-sufficient within their border, rather than depending on foreign suppliers and importation issues during a pandemic event. To that end, Novavax, Inc. offers an economical in-border manufacturing solution for pandemic vaccine in collaboration with General Electric Healthcare.

Alex Jones talks about the company in a few articles on infowars.
These came up on infowars (and only these) after a search for "Novavax":

27 APRIL 09
Swine Flu in Mexico: The “New” Bird Flu

28 APRIL 09
Infowars Under Sophisticated Denial of Service Attack

30 APRIL 09
The Great Swine Flu or the Great Flu Swindle?

-ChriS

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Just wanted to post his last update Alex confirms forced vaccination - round up - bio-weaponry

[edit on 4-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For you stargate fans...I show you the truth in your own flavor.

If you like stargate, you'll like reading into this topic more. Reason. Remember
the Asgard were having trouble reproducing themselves because they had altered their genetics so much? Well if the writers of the show had some general idea of what was going on I think perhaps they may have had this in mind...because epigenetics are showing us the solutions to cancers extending life at the expense of patient fertility...

How epigenetics can explain human metastasis: a new role for microRNAs.
Cell Cycle. 2009 Feb 1;8(3):377-82. Epub 2009 Feb 1.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
elusive, don´t worry I did not expect this thread to be visible...

The truth seems to be something that is not popular. You can always tell when the regular (debunking) crew ignores it.

I´ll emphasize again:

* Forced vaccinations (what if you are left sterile or worse?)
* Artificial strain
* The company who comes up with the cure is the one who created it

Research Bioshield II - NO Accountability - Federal Emergency - Martial law if needed - It is so obvious it is almost unbelievable

FWIW flag this for the records

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's just disgusting to me Truth4Hire...

Are there really people paid to post worthless comments to keep this off the recent posts section ?

Now I know what the term 'shaping' a public response means. Not quite censorship not quite counterintelligence more like voluminous counterunintelligence.

I posted my epigenotoxicity findings in a separate thread, which has a more attractive title, but there does seem to be a connection between the Bioshield...being that WHO and CDC admins must be involved heavily in both.

Mass sterilization campaign EXPOSED! This Includes You! EPIGENOTOXINS! Legal Loophole!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The reason i'm inclined to also agree with a possible implication of Bioshield is the timing of this and the anti-depakote research coming out in full force is impeccible.

Moms Who Take Epilepsy Drug Valproate (Depakote) Have Children With Lower IQs, New Study Says

Researchers followed about 260 children born to pregnant women in the United States and United Kingdom between 1999 and 2004. They found that by age three, toddlers whose mothers had taken valproate had an average IQ of 92 compared to scores of between 98 and 101 for children of women who had taken other drugs, including lamotrigine, phenytoin, and carbamazepine.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I also think that despite where this new strain of the flu really came from, there is alot we are doing to the environment that could have created this mutation ourselves.

Project SHAD: American Servicemen Used As Guinea Pigs
www.projectshad.org...

Project SHAD, an acronym for Shipboard Hazard and Defense, was part of the joint service chemical and biological warfare test program conducted during the 1960s. Project SHAD encompassed tests designed to identify US warships' vulnerabilities to attacks with chemical or biological warfare agents and to develop procedures to respond to such attacks while maintaining a war-fighting capability. Although classified, the Department of Defense has been actively pursuing declassification of relevant medical information. To date twelve SHAD projects have been evaluated and released for your review.

The SHAD program planned as many as a hundred individual tests and was part of the larger Deseret Test Center program. Many tests were never actually executed. DoD investigators plan to look at all Deseret Test Center’s chemical and biological tests conducted between 1963 and 1970

Of the 4,300 sailors known to be involved, to our knowledge, only 622 have been notified.

Here where I live in Alaska, military installations (all of them in the state) are basically toxic/hazardous waste sites. In many cases, so is land surrounding the base that is no longer owned by the government. This is one disturbing news story from my local paper just a couple days ago..
Contaminants Plague Fairbanks Home

On Fort Wainwright (army post) here in Alaska, a new housing development was being built a few years ago called "Taku Gardens". It is now so widely known what really happened that it is referred to as "Toxic Gardens". The Corps of Engineers constructed this new housing development a few years ago. During the time of construction, unexploded ordnance (live munitions) were discovered buried in the ground. It was at first believed to be an isolated incident until it happened 3 or 4 more times. (This was all explained to me by one of the engineers on the project). But yet, they went ahead with the project and started moving people in.

It is unclear how many families, exactly, had already moved into their new homes. But it was only a matter of weeks until people started coming down with strange illnesses and side-effects. It is still unclear what is in the soil that was so toxic. This site is also right across the street from the newly-constructed Bassett army hospital. The families had to be moved out, the site basically condemned. The army is currently in the process of what amounts to a decontamination effort to make the housing usable/habitable (eventually).

But this is not an isolated incident by any stretch of the imagination.

Fort Greely, Alaska was the first test site ever used for open-air testing of biological and chemical agents by the U.S. military (Back when the base was brand new). It has occurred 12 times at the base (that we know of). Back then, the base was completely isolated, thus, deemed appropriate for this kind of open-air testing. Since then, multiple people have discovered disposed and/or lost canisters of biological/chemical agents in and around the base (some of them still containing some of their original concoctions).
From link in next paragraph..

Fort Greely holds the dubious distinction of being the only place in the United States besides Dugway where germ warfare agents are acknowledged to have been tested in the open atmosphere. The information concerning bio­logical testing that Senator Gravel obtained from the Army in response to Keim's inquiry may be summarized as follows:

1. In 1966 and 1967 tularemia tests were con­ducted in the Delta Creek area, approximately thirty miles west of the main post at Fort Greely and about sixty miles from Gerstle River.
2. The tests were conducted in order to obtain data concerning the vulnerability of tularemia un­der arctic conditions.
3. Prior to testing the pathogenic agent, stimulants were used to check the procedures and safety precautions.
4. Extensive ecological, epidemiological, and meteorological studies were conducted before the tests.
5. The strain of tularemia selected for testing was intentionally different from the endemic strains, ensuring that it could he readily identified and traced.
6. Ecological and epidemiological monitoring of the area was continued through 1970, and followup studies indicate that the strain of tularemia used for testing not contaminate either the wildlife or the environment of Alaska.

One instance involved a crew that was tasked with temporarily placing a pallet/crate of VX Nerve agent on a specific frozen pond (the pond still exists today). The container was basically forgotten. Spring came around, the ice melted, and the pallet sunk to the bottom. The pallet was eventually recovered and "disposed-of" but only 4 years later after the lake had been completely drained (in 1969). This event is well documented. See THIS link..

The lake was eventually dubbed the loving name.. "VX Lake". It is unclear how toxic the lake remains to this day (at least it isn't public knowledge).

News of the nerve gas loss slid not surface until nine months after the chemicals had been recovered from the lake, more than four years after they had sunk and three months after the Army had gratuitously denied any untoward incidents in its Alaska CBW program. The first admission that anything had gone awry at Gerstle came on June 5, 1970, when a little-noticed mimeographed Army statement marked "Information for Members of Congress" was slipped under doors on Capitol Hill in Washington. That evening in Anchorage the Alaskan Command issued the same statement to the press.

In the sixties, the Army was experimenting with nuclear power generators that were powerful enough to produce electrical power for an entire army base. I've read about this particular incident in some detail. An investigative PDF report on the one at Fort Greely can be found here:
The Nuclear Reactor at Fort Greely

After a few months, the toxic waste from the reactor started piling up. It is unclear who made the decision to dump the toxic waste directly into the Gerstle River. What is clear is that the radiation and contamination still remain. Also, this reactor was basically a prototype that went critical on multiple occasions, releasing unknown amounts of fallout on the base.

The Greely reactor was the “first copy” of the SM-1 family of reactors. Pushing a first-copy nuclear reactor to exceptional thermal power and neutron densities would be expected to have severely adverse consequences reflected in major accidents and early decommissioning. These adverse consequences are evident for the Fort Greely reactor. There was a major accident after five years of operation, resulting in a two-year outage, and a second major accident after only three more years of operation. This second major accident involved a loss of radioactive, live steam producing local fallout. As a result, the reactor was closed ten years after first criticality and was quickly decommissioned. (These two accidents are examined later in th is report.) Neither the magnitude nor the character of the accidents were admitted, and the facts continue to be covered up to the present day.

At Clear Air Station (Currently a radar tracking site for the Air Force) open air testing is also said to have been conducted on public lands in total secrecy (or so they thought).

During the summer of 1968 the Army asked the Okla­homa research group to collect field data at a site about thirty miles from Clear, an Air Force radar installation southwest of Fairbanks. The remote site, accessible only by helicopter and more than one hundred miles from Fort Greely, lies within the vast domain of public lands main­tained by the Interior Department's Bureau of Land Man­agement. Apparently the area was to be used for CBW testing.

According to an Oklahoma field biologist who spent about ten days working in the area during the summer of 1968, a weather crew was gathering meteorological data for the military at the same location. The weather crew consisted of about a dozen civilians and a handful of Army and Air Force personnel. One of the military men was identified as an Air Force officer who apparently served as Alaska liaison for the Desert Test Center, the Utah CBW complex, during the 1967 biological tests at Fort Greely. He was assisted by members of the meteorological team at Fort Greely.

The Oklahoma researcher says that the weather crew was checking air currents, apparently for 'a CBW test. He recalls that a red dust stimulant was dispersed from a high tower constructed at the remote location, but he does not believe that testing with germ warfare agents was actually conducted. He was told that the military decided to call off the test when the wind carried the stimulant much farther than had been anticipated.

When Oklahoma personnel returned to do a followup survey later in the year they were given no special precau­tions, indicating that no dangerous poisons had been intro­duced to the area. "We had no reason to believe they had tested anything," the Oklahoma biologist told me, but he does not know why he was sent back to the area for the fol­lowup survey. "Dr. Hopla said that the location was not scientifically interesting to him and that he dispatched his team to that location at the Army's request.

A disturbing aspect of the stimulant test is that the oper­ation was conducted on public domain

-ChriS

[edit on 5-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
(.. Continued from above)

My overall point with posting this information is just to show that what we do know of is only the tip of the iceberg here. There is no information as to alot of the details of these incidents, who was involved, and why. What we DO have is alot of documents and information that has come public which proves that alot of this information is still classified. Other than that, what we really have are vague admissions of guilt by our own government.

We have no idea what diseases we may have mutated by dumping untold amounts of man-made toxins into the environment. Not to mention, what might have been inadvertantly released to the public through Project SHAD or any of the other documented and/or publicly known instances of open-air testing. Especially since alot of this information remains classified.

This also brings me back to a previous point about black-budget biotech and genetic research. Noone knows what these guys are toying with behind closed doors. And not only that, they don't have to answer to anyone when something goes horribly wrong because of reasons of national security.

Case in point, Area 51 in the 1980's when immense amounts of toxic stealth byproducts were burned off in pits on the base instead of trucked out because they were afraid trucking it off would gain attention to the base. The burning of these toxic chemicals resulted in deaths of multiple American servicemembers. When the widows decided to sue the government, President Clinton signed Presidential Determination 95-45 which prevented any further inquiry into the matter. No justice was ever served, noone was ever held accountable.

Black-budget programs and operating locations can violate every federal and state law. They can operate outside the restrictive ethical guidelines observed in the private sector, and they can do whatever they want, with whatever they want so long as it falls under the umbrella of black-budget research and development. This is most disturbing with regards to biotech and genetic research. I mean, just think about that for a moment.. That is scary. WHO KNOWS what has been researched, developed, and tested on military servicemembers only to be inadvertantly transfered to the rest of the public populace. It has been theorized that perhaps AIDS was produced this very way since the AIDS virus seems to have a variety of physical characteristics that make it seem more of a bioengineered virus than a naturally occurring one.

-ChriS

[edit on 5-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi there, I fell on this article while researching Rothchild and co.
Interview: Rothschild Fund Hunting for Deals at BIO-Europe Spring 2009

Interview: Rothschild Fund Hunting for Deals at BIO-Europe Spring
Posted on February 2, 2009 - 1:36pm in

* BIO-Europe Spring 2009

“It is well known that we have fresh money so in Milan my colleagues and I expect our agendas will be full,” said Olivier Litzka, a partner with Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners who manages the BioDiscovery portfolios of biotechnology companies.

“We look forward to booking the meetings for BIO-Europe Spring,” he told Partnering News, “though we deliberately will leave time in the schedule for serendipity, those accidental meetings that can develop into opportunities.”

Litzka and his colleagues from Edmond de Rothschild are flush with the BioDiscovery III fund that raised EUR 155 million in May 2008, just ahead of collapse of the financial markets.

“There is no doubt that we had luck in the timing of this new fund,” he said, “though we were surprised by how quickly the fund closed. We started in January, just one year ago, and we fully expected to take one year to complete the fundraising, yet we were able to close four months later.”

“The performance of the BioDiscovery II fund we created in 2005 is the reason the fundraising went so well for the new fund. BioDiscovery II investors responded to the new offer enthusiastically, in many cases with twice the money they put into the BioDiscovery II fund. Three years later they knew the story from BioDiscovery II and told us that we did what we said we were going to do, which is offering a realistic return in biotechnology and medical technology, two interesting but difficult sectors. The returns on the portfolio made them happy enough to come back. “

Litzka said 12 investments were made with BioDiscovery II and quickly the fund realized two liquidity events with an IPO for one company in 2006 and a trade sale for another portfolio company in 2008. In addition some significant events happened in other portfolio companies which created value.

The final investment slot for BioDiscovery II was closed in June, 2008 with a financing round for BT Pharma (Toulouse) led by Edmond de Rothschild Investment Partners (EdRIP).

One investment has been made so far with the new BioDiscovery Fund III with EUR 7 million going to Supersonic Imaging (Aix-en-Provence) and there are two other investments that are nearing a closing, according to Litzka.

In an exclusive interview with Partnering News
Litzka explained the approach he is taking with the new BioDiscovery III fund, offered insights into the current market for biotech companies, and outlined the qualities he will be seeking in partners at BIO-Europe Spring 2009 in Milan.

He also concludes with a cautionary note for biotech executives exploring creative partnerships as an alternative to traditional financing.

“We expect to maintain a good deal flow in 2009 with four or five investments,” he said. “We are not racing toward some new goal for closing deals fast due to current market conditions. That is not our business. We prefer to pick a few really good companies, spend the time it takes to get to know the company, and then decide about the value and the investment.”

“We have the luxury of a lot of interesting choices due to the fact that fundraising is so difficult for biotech and medtech companies,” he said. “We can be selective. Clearly it is in our interest to arrive at a price that leaves an opportunity for an interesting return, but it is not our intention to go to extremes in a harsh negotiation. It is not our business to destroy value. We want to find fair conditions for a good long term relationship with the stakeholders.”

“We invest in biotech and medtech, mainly investing all over Europe with some select opportunities in the United States. We are a humble European fund though if there is an opportunity with management we know and other investors we are comfortable with, then yes, we would look at the opportunity,” he said.

“The aim is to have a balanced portfolio with a mix of low and high risk companies. We set realistic expectations and pay attention to liquidity. It is a part of the equation of opportunity, risk, reward and liquidity, and some people forgot the importance of liquidity events. Developing companies to the stage where they are ready for a trade sale is very important. A trade sale means a cash return and our limited partners like cash returns because that helps them in turn to deliver to their investors. Liquidity is one of our key responsibilities and make all participants in the high tech life science world on the long run happy.

“I am hopeful and an optimistic sort of person thinking that we have seen a reduction in the market but that it will stabilize, though we continue to pass through a very difficult period. Limited partners have a ratio for risk diversification telling them the amount of funding they should put in private equity. This ratio is based on the value of their investments in listed companies, which right now are very far down. Automatically this fact pushes down the ratio of capital available for private equity. This is what is making it so difficult, even for companies with great performance to get private equity from limited partners.

“Looking at how companies are positioned right now I see a lot of opportunities with good companies with professional management, many in clinical development with compounds addressing unmet medical needs, which are caught in an unfortunate condition where it is not easy to find proper financing. European companies already passed through a difficult time from 2002 to 2004 that forced them to focus on quality and reasonable opportunities. For this reason for most biotech and medtech companies in Europe further cost-cutting and downsizing is not relevant to their current position because they are already lean and professional.

“I hope that the good funds that are out there interested in biotech resist the temptation to be harsh in this difficult moment and that they in fact are prepared to support portfolio companies for perhaps longer than they had expected. I know that we are in a position to do so, to help our companies develop in a realistic way toward an exit...[/qote]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
BioPharm America 2009

BIO-Europe 2009

EuroMedtech 2009

ChinaBio...Seems there will be wealthy porfolios after this first wave of bio NWO flu, the stock holders are counting their blessings lets see...we dont know how much their waste filled vaccines are going to cost us, but lets multiply 40$x100's millions...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusive1
No butts: China orders officials to smoke 230,000 packets every year to boost economy or face being fined

Cytokine storm arresting nicotine anyone?

Can you imagine what they're really putting in those cigarettes for wide-scale testing of biological/chemical agents? What better way to conduct wide-scale testing. America had Project SHAD. China can just put it in the stupid cigarettes. Sickening.. I see it as a widescale social experiment. They can do whatever they want! They have before and they still do.

I was ready to puke about China when I heard about the mobile lethal injection vans that kill people for no good reason. Adolf Hitler was an evil man who killed millions of innocent Jewish people. The current Chinese government kills off their own people because someone high up has a bad case of the mondays. Let's have the olympics there again. OK, maybe not..

-ChriS

[edit on 6-5-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elusive1

There is some irony here- if you want to call it that. Nicotine is actually effective against brain damage in a cytokine storm, and is still used in hospitals to prevent it.

So as smokes can and do kill, you're not far off on the possibility that china is using whatever means they can to arrest cytokine damage in their government employees who take ill...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Is Barack Obama Announcing A H1N1 Vaccination Program?

The White House is eager this week to recapture momentum on the health care front at a time when the American people, not just lawmakers, are expressing skepticism. Returning to another successful tactic, Obama will also hold an extended press conference in the Rose Garden tomorrow afternoon, the first such session since a prime time event on his 100th day in office.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm writing to thank you all for your incredible and exhaustive research on this thread.

As I began to research the flu in April I read, dowloaded and printed (as well as saved) the Bioshiled Papers. I had planned, after I joined the site to share them with the group. Thank you for doing a better job than I could have done.

This is a critically important discussion- about our rights and freedoms; the unbelievable power the government holds over us and the organized crime that are the big pharmas and the FDA.

elusive1- the Valproic Acid information is not new to me. I worked at Abbott and had access to a lot- read a number of things that cased me to leave (running, practically) after 2 years in drug development.
Data are changed constantly to match hypotheses and NDAs; the FDA is paid off (when I worked there Abbott was paying the FDA ONE MILLION dollars PER DAY) for -I believe- five years, due to a violation regarding data aquisition. The drug was, nonetheless, put on the market. To hell with the humans who take the drug- the FDA "punished" Abbott, financially, (and made hardly a dent in their $6B/year profits), and people are dying, taking this drug. I will never take a drug made there- nor Baxter, where I also worked, only after finding a WHO antigen sample in the lunch refigerator (it was meant to be at -20C), I picked up a photograph from my desk, left at lunch and never returned a phone call from the company regarding my having left.
Regarding Depakote, a family member close to me took it for a few years; then went on to have two children- one who is autistic and one who has DeGeorge's syndrome- a congenital disease on Chromosome 22, which prevents him from making over 300,000 genes. He is 3 years old, has had five serious surgeries and we will be lucky to have him for five years. Your story strikes home very deeply.

Thank you- thank you- from my heart- for sharing all of this information. We MUST not allow silence to take more lives- either from flu, or from other lies and genocide from the pharmaceutical/FDA despots.

With my utmost respect,

-C

[edit on 24-6-2009 by CultureD]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join