It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My doctor friend says virus is the real thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
My friend who I have known for twenty years, a well qualified practitioner doctor, told me that today they had seen evidence of someone with the new swine flu virus. What they told him made him shiver as he knows this virus is spreading at an alarming rate and he doesn't know what a state we'll be in next month. Sounds like nothing he's ever seen before.

I'm really worried this is going to cause everything to go wrong and cause chaos all over the globe. Total anarchy. Electricity being shut off and no water supply.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So what exactly was your friend told that made him so affraid?
So far this flu doesnt seem to cause a lot of casualties, fortunataly.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It would be interesting to hear how the conversation actually went. Did he tell you WHY he was so alarmed??

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hello,

To begin with i do not doubt that the virus is real but i do obviously doubt that the level of exposure this is receiving and how sensational the news and radio and web blogs have been in force feeding it down your throats to create a hypothetical scenario on the "what if"

If you took the time to sit back and inhale some oxygen to enrich your oxygen blood content level to your brain you would see how ridiculous this is all is.
When the bird flu hit the Asian region there was a descent level of concern but in comparison to what is happening here, it was like a minor but respectable outbreak of another life threatening virus. Lets keep in mind the asian region numbers in the billion in comparison to the combined U.S. , Mexco, Southern American States, im sure your beginning to get the idea now.

What the media is not and will not comment on, is if this is a terrorist attack using Germ Warfare. Every were i go i see and read, its a natural or political conspiracy or some act of god or prophecy and the list goes on. Unless you see the number escalating to 1,000 ppl dropping dead, i, myself will not even worry about it. Obviously from childhood we were told to wash hands, since they are the No1 carrier of all germs, seriously people you do not need to be a MD to know this information.

Just chill out and avoid the news and relevant hypothetical scenarios revolving around this ridiculous news. There are far more realistic events happening around the world which would make this virus subject seem like you fell off your bicycle, but yet know one is taking notice of the military build up on the boarders of Iran or has anyone reported the new shipment of the Patriot systems to Israel and Saudi Arabia. Your looking at the tree and missing the forest. Look back to 6 months prior to the 911 attack, you will so many similarity's. Oh yes, as my avatar reads, we are falling behind...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
My SO is a physician, a board certified internist, and yes, this is a real bug. Is it media hype? Don't they hype everything? My SO isn't alarmed about this bug, as the symptoms are mild in our area. Will it evolve/drift/mutate? Who knows. But, after reading the many messages in this forum, I'm stockpiling food & water. If the WHO raises the alert, the grocery stores could, I suppose, close.

He is seeing many, many patients with "the crud," and the symptoms are eerily similar to Swine Flu (I'm still calling it that). So far, all of the swab tests are negative for influenza (although it's likely that some are false neg--regardless, all specimens go to the state lab). I myself have been fighting the crud for the past few days. Vitamins C & D, along with Zicam swabs and Oscillococcinum (which SO thinks is silly), have kept the bug at bay.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh yeah, well MY doctor friend, who I just went to see yesterday, told ME this whole thing is a crock of s... and he's pissed that the media, the CDC, WHO, and government are blowing this whole thing WAY out of proportion... So there.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drclifford
If the WHO raises the alert, the grocery stores could, I suppose, close.

I work at a grocery store myself. Yesterday we had to sign a waiver acknowledging we knew the risks of working in an area where tons of people move through every day and that we would refrain from coming into work if we showed any symptoms.

To my knowledge, we'll probably stay open until we're ordered to close by TPTB or our supply lines break down.

top topics

join