It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing green eyes incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I wasn't sure whether or not to post this (or even if it's in the right place, sorry if it's not) I honestly don't know if it was a very realistic dream or not, but here goes...

A few years ago when I first moved down south (I'm originally from the northwest of the UK) I went to bed one night with my fiancee but I couldn't sleep at all, I felt really really nervous you know that kind of nervous when you have something major about to happen like a job interview or something and you get so nervous you feel ill? Well that's what I was feeling, I had no idea what was wrong I just felt really nervous and slightly uneasy, this went on for a couple of hours before I must have finally passed out.

Then I woke up, I think, as I said I don't know if I woke up or if I was dreaming but it felt like I was awake but really sleepy, like when you wake up for a few seconds and turn over and go back to sleep? So there I was laying in bed awake but absolutely terrified and I don't know why, I can't explain it I just felt so scared, I tried to wake my fiancee up but he was totally out of it. Then I propped myself up slightly and looked towards the bedroom door and I saw this weird green light, not like an orb, like there was a light on in the hall but it was green, then suddenly a figure looked around the doorway it had glowing green eyes about the size of tennis balls but more egg shaped(vertically egg shaped), I was absolutely terrified, I couldn't move, not in a paralyzed way but frozen in fear, I just kept staring at it for about 20 seconds all I could make out were the eyes, the rest of it was just a dark outline. Next thing I know it was morning and I thought maybe it was a dream but it was just too real, I asked my finacee if he felt me shoving him to wake him up in the few hours before the incident when I was really nervous but he said he didn't. I told him about a weird dream I had about someone standing in the doorway (I didn't and still haven't told him I thought it was real or what I saw) but he just said he doesn't remember anything that he fell asleep and woke up in the morning.

Nothing like that has happened since but recently I've been having the most awful headaches and I've started having those same feelings of nervousness / fear whilst laying in bed trying to sleep and again I end up just passing out and next thing I know it's morning. Also a few nights ago I managed to get off to sleep more or less straightaway but I woke up during the night and I desperatley needed the bathroom but I couldn't move, I was laying there willing myself to move to get up and go to the bathroom and not fall back asleep but there was this unbelievable fear that stopped me from moving and then next thing I know it's morning and I'm fine.

Maybe I'm just having some sort of night terrors or something similar I don't know but I would be interested to know if anyone else has heard of /experienced a similar situation as to what I did. I did a quick search on here for glowing green eyes but just found something about leprecauns and another thread about someone talking about a woman with green eyes that glowed(maybe I didn't search enough so sorry if this is an old subject).

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That's an interesting experience. I've never experienced anything like that myself....can't say i'd want to either.

Just throwing this out there, but is your house old? Are there any weird occurances in your home? Not that i have any idea what this might be, but you know, just wondering.

I remember once being asleep and waking up but i couldn't open my eyes and i felt as someone was right next to my bed watching me and it was really freaky and i couldn't move at all. Then suddenly it just went away and i could open my eyes, but there was nothing there.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I haVe had the same thing happen to me! Couldn't open my eyes and felt a presense in the room.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyazl

dream or reality, it sounds pretty scary.

be careful of headaches, if they persist, see your doctor.

waking up and not being able to move isn't all that uncommon, it's called sleep paralysis, it often involves feelings of fear and panic and it may involve dream like experiences seeping into wakefulness. a lot of alien abduction and demon reports are linked to it.

it seems to happen because a hormone that your body normally produces during dreaming, "paralysing" you to stop you acting out your dreams, is at an elevated level when you suddenly awake.

i'm not saying this is what happened but you but you only registered today and you are perhaps seeking answers, you might want to look into it before you assume it was something more sinister. it's just something to considder, i'm not discounting what happened at all.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I used to work third shift. Every night if nobody needed me, I would take a short nap in my office. I would set an alarm in case I slept too long. Apparently I would sometimes sleep real deep. I would try to move or open my eyes as I knew I had to get up but I felt like I was unable to move. I didn't have anyone with green eyes looking at me but there was this real stinky guy that worked there.

Welcome to ATS!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sleep paralsys/Waking dream

It's basically an OOBE state. It is VERY real, except you see things that don't normally exist in physical reality. You're experiencing another frame of consciosness associated with OOBE state.

I experence this alot. The beings you see are usually your guides testing your fear level. It sounds crazy, but if you get used to it and get over your fear, you will experience a doorway to a whole new universe that you can operate in from a sleep state.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by tobiascore]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I found this

I have been seeing spirits for sometimes. One time, my friend, my sister, and I kept seeing this one spirit. I was really young then. The spirit was just a pair of green eyes staring at me. My friend would see it at his house and my sister said she saw them, too. We all got negative vibes from this spirit. We thought it was evil. We gave it the nick name, "Green Eyes".

Okay, so we were not so creative. But they would glow and we were trying to fight them off. Green Eyes was our enemy. We knew he was causing some of the bad things to happen. After about 3 years, we chased it off. The spirit never came back and we thought ourselves to be heroes.

www.psychic-experiences.com...

Maybe you could email that women on that site.

In the summer of 1975, "T.P." and a companion were on the highway at Salmon Arm around 1:00 a.m. They stopped the Datsun to relieve themselves at the side of the road. While doing so, T.P. spotted something crouching in the ditch about 100 yards away. It had green glowing eyes!!! T.P. thought initially that it was a bear, but he changed his mind when it stood up and appeared to be 8 - 9 feet tall and started walking towards them! They hurriedly scrambled into the car and began to drive away. As they did so, the "person/animal" ran alongside the car for about 30 feet. No unusual odour was recalled.

www.ufobc.ca...

The Ban jhankri perhaps?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for all your replies it's been very helpful.

Kram09 - The house was built in the late 60's, my partner's family have owned it since it was built (his parents specifically chose it because it had the largest garden). I don't think there have been any weird occurances, nothing I've noticed anyway.

Pieman - I'm not assuming it was at all sinister, that's why I posted on here, I just wondered if anyone else had similar experiences so I could maybe figure out what on earth it was. I quickly googled sleep paralysis and it does seem like that's what it could be, esp. with how nervous / uneasy I was beforehand(seems stress can bring them on), no idea why I was but oh well. As for the hormone that stops you acting out your dreams or whatever it is maybe that's stopped working partially for me because sometimes I act out my dreams, I also hold conversations in my sleep, scream, shout out for help or curse, not all of the time but just now and again, I also sometimes have very vivid dreams which sometimes coincide with the screaming / talking or actions.

Tobiascore - I'm still open to any other ideas / suggestions but it does seem likely that it was sleep paralsys. I think I have had an OOBE once or a dream that seemed like one, I was alot younger but that's the only thing I can think it was. I was around 13 or 14 and had to go to a dental hospital for some treatment, they drugged me up and hooked me up to the heart rate machine(sorry I don't know medical terms, that thing they put on your finger), I remember them asking me to open my mouth etc and they were working away and I was totally out of it I thought the ceiling was talking to me and moving in a really weird way, next thing I remember is watching them wheel somebody into the recovery room(where you go to come around from the meds) and I looked at my gran and suddenly thought how weird it was because although I'm taller then her I wasn't that much taller and I then realised I was floating, well it didn't feel like floating just like I was really tall if that makes sense? Anyway I then turned to look at the bed to see who she was sat looking at and it was me then in that split second some alarm went off on the heart rate monitor, I don't know what it was if it was my heart rate dropping or what, then I was suddenly at my normal height level, stood in front of the dentist I saw him inject my physical arm and next thing I know is waking up with the dentist and my nan and 2 other people around me. It was very weird but I'd always put it down to just being some really wild dream induced by the drugs, I wonder if it was an OOBE or a very realistic dream or what. Sorry I'm going totally off topic but I just have alot of unanswered questions.

Wisen - thanks for those links, I'll take a look at them in a minute.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Kyazl,

I'm almost 100% certain it was sleep paralsys and the beginning stages of OOBE.

The being you saw was either:

- a fragmant of your imagination, since in the sleep paralsys state, your thoughts ARE things. And since it's kinda scary not being able to move, fear bubbles to the surface and the can manifest.

- It was a real encounter with a non-physical being. It SEEMED physcial, but your consciousness was not operating in THIS reality, it was experiencing the "astral state", which is just as real, but less physical rules applied. The being was most likey NOT sinister. Just because it looked evil, does not mean it is. Also, in that "astral state", beings do not always appear as they REALLY are. Just like a homeless person sitting on the street, you make quick judgments based on your personal beliefs. In reality, that person could just be dressing up, or a very nice person. It's YOUR personal beliefs that make things the way they appear to you.

Remember, beings that guide us are here for our growth. Anything sinister, evil, or aboslutely negative, are VERY limited. The fear that people have on them, is not a logical fear. Why fear gang members? It's more hype and fear than it is to manifest into your personal reality. They're limited as how they can effect you. You can't live your life in fear of an attack on you. It's just a waste of time.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thanks for your post tobiascore. I'm pretty sure it was sleep paralysis, like I said from reading about it, it does seems very likely to be that.

The thing I saw I have no idea what it was, I was most afraid because I couldn't move but the fear I had towards whatever it was was the same kind of fear you'd have if someone broke into your house, it's just the fact I didn't know who / what they were and that's what scared me.

I'm normally a completely logical person and not afraid of anything so I guess that's why that incident has always pestered me because I couldn't explain it but I'm pretty sure I can now thanks to all the helpful suggestions / replies on here.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is incredible.. just joined to comment.
When.I.was in grade 8 I had a pair of green oval eyes over my bed every night in boarding school. They would stare at me from the ceiling above my head.The next door students were dabbling with ouji boards and the occult.

After the green eyes appeared I started getting bad migraines that still plauge me to this day over 24 years later. Thanks for sharing. If you ever find the demon/entity responsible let me know how to reverse this curse. Been for cti scans and.everything...even reborn etc years ago and no cure.. the migtaines strike fast and i become light sensitive and have to stop whatever i am.doing and lie down in a dark cold room with a wet cloth and pillow over my head and a fan blowing cold air on me. These attacks can last from 15 minutes to a few hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is incredible.. just joined to comment.
When.I.was in grade 8 I had a pair of green oval eyes over my bed every night in boarding school. They would stare at me from the ceiling above my head.The next door students were dabbling with ouji boards and the occult.

After the green eyes appeared I started getting bad migraines that still plauge me to this day over 24 years later. Thanks for sharing. If you ever find the demon/entity responsible let me know how to reverse this curse. Been for cti scans and everything...even reborn etc years ago and no cure.. the migraines strike fast and i become light sensitive and have to stop whatever i am doing and lie down in a dark cold room with a wet cloth and pillow over my head and a fan blowing cold air on me. These attacks can last from 15 minutes to a few hours.
edit on 6-7-2016 by Yourdaddyisme because: (no reason given)

top topics

join