It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu hype is an insult to your intelligence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Does everything have to be an agenda? A plan? And it's ALWAYS a wicked evil plan by mean people trying to 'take over the world.' Seriously, it gets old.

Unfortunately, everything political is a planned agenda!
Do you honestly think anything in politics happens by mere coincidence?
Politics you ask? Yes, the World Health Organization yet another dog-pile faction of misinformation.
Anyway, if you answered No to the question of coincidence; then wouldn't it be logical to conclude that political agendas are in fact conspired?
Think about it!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My opinion on the swine flu is simple. Its not as complicated as people are making it out to be. There is no conspiracy or NWO control involved.
Its as simple as it happening to be a slow news week, and the modern media are very switched on. They know that a pandemic is due to happen sooner then later. So just in case, the the WHO talk it up, just in case it does get real bad. The media jump on this and as usual, make a mound out of a mould hill and get everyone in a panic. Nothing better then a panic to keep people interested to buy news papers and watch the news (and included ad breaks).

Well latest reports here I am seeing in Australia is that the swine flu is not as bad as they first thought, and doesn't look like it is going to turn into a pandemic now. Only 1600 people world wide confirmed infected. I would be more worried about HIV myself, not that I am at risk of getting that either.

You can see that the media hype works, and gets minds racing and people worrying enough to go out and buy masks and stock up on food. You only have to look at the huge amount of posts clogging up ATS at the moment to see that it has worked, and who actually get effected by this.

Having said that, here I am adding to the clogging messages about swine flu on ATS, but I can assure you, I am not panicking, in fact, just like the OP, I am spreading the word to people I know thats its all BS. And you won't see me buying a mask any time soon.

Wake up people. Its all just media hype designed to keep you glued to the news channel and buying your papers on the way to work. Nothing more......

Peace

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The media are hyping it up because that's their job. Molehills into mountains.

However, this flu (not "swine" flu but influenza A H1N1) is not a trivial event. This flu has some similarities to the flu of 1917-1918, during which 50 to 100 million people died. That was roughly 2-4% of the world population. In present terms, it would be 1.2 to 2.5 *billion*.

We haven't yet figured out why the Great Influenza Pandemic was so deadly. Until we do, we're going to be a trifle uneasy about any similar flu that begins to show an unusual mortality rate.

Both freaking out about the news, and dismissing it out of hand, are foolish. You need to listen, get the facts, sometimes go back and learn from history, and then make rational decisions. This flu should not be discounted. It could be serious. However, it isn't the end of the world. Even if we do have another deadly pandemic, most of us will survive it.

[edit on 5/3/2009 by chiron613]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Dont worry all!!!!
News reports today state that the supposed Swine Flu Pandemic is now stabilizing puz:

How can a virus go (from within a week), from threatening to destroy all Humans on this planet, to become stabilized

Crap to anyone that gives this half a grain of salt- hang your sorry heads, and skulk away back into the shadows, like cockroaches

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fat15inch
I agree with you 100%
This is nutss!!!!

The mass media can no longer win over people's common sense, more and more humans are waking up now.

It's about time.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.cdc.gov...

Normally this map should be 'no activity' for most of the country at this time of year. And as we see .. it's now 'widespread' over a good portion of this country - my state included.

Wake up.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
World Health Organization
Concern Over Flu Pandemic Justified.

WHO WARNING
WHO warns current Swine Flu situation could change at any time

[edit on 5/19/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You have to read more than the headlines.

For example, a headline this morning shouted, "Swine Flu Hits Sick People the Hardest: CDC."

BUT, the text contradicts the claim...

* "At 27, the swine flu patients were much younger than most patients with seasonal flu who required hospitalization."

* "H1N1 swine flu seems to be targeting teens and young adults, unlike the regular flu, which usually strikes hardest at the elderly and the very young."

* "...the death rate from the new H1N1 virus is slightly higher than that seen with seasonal flu."

Cases confirmed by the World Health Organization jumped by 349 on Monday, 1001 on Tuesday and 413 on Wednesday. Of course, developed nations are only testing people sick enough to be hospitalized, and most developing nations don't have the capacity to test anyone. So the numbers are seriously skewed.

The WHO is boxed. The situation merits a Level 6 Pandemic Alert, but calling it would create economic, political and social havoc. Not to mention lethal food shortages.

So the disinformation continues to flow.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I agree with everything youre saying, its so sad people wont realize whats going on since 9/11. Maybe itll take a mass nuclear attack and 5 million dead maybe thatll make people realize.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Do not, under any circumstances, let yourselves be vaccinated with Tamiflu. Whatever happens, say no to it.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Do not, under any circumstances, let yourselves be vaccinated with Tamiflu. Whatever happens, say no to it.

Peace,
Mulder

You can't get vaccinated with Tamiflu!

Because, Tamiflu it's not a vaccine!

But I agree that one should be aware about the risks with Tamiflu!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join