It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu hype is an insult to your intelligence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Alright people, I will be leaving ATS for a while, because frankly I'm tired of seeing all the Swine Flu panic. But before I leave, here are a couple of encouraging words from your friendly Special Agent.

Here we go:

Swine Flu is BS!

We see thousands of people die every year from diseases much worse than the Swine Flu. And right now, the world is all hyped over 257 people who died from the Swine Flu.

Not 257.000.000 - but 257.

Now, stop the press and grow some brains, Ladies and Gentlemen. Please do yourself a favour and see the bigger picture:

Swine Flu is "War on Terror" version 2.0

The whole "war on terror" doesn't work anymore, so they decided to come up with a new plan. And due to the world mass panic, they expect everyone to take the Tamiflu pill which has some serious side effects as death by the way - and later on they are hopeful to introcude the RFID chip to the masses in order to "track down the flu". Hooray for New World Order!

All of this by the way ties in greatly with 2012, Nostradamus, the Antichrist, the Revelations, Disclosure, Pole Shift, NWO, End Times and other theories. I'm sure the guys at the 2012 board are applauding now.

Oooh the panic! Oooh the suspense! We might as well prepare to die, because the world is ending, huh?

Come on, people! This is BS! You are smarter than that!

The whole Swine Flu hype should be an insult to your intelligence.

Can't you see that Swine Flu is the Bad Guys' last attempt to control the world's population? Can't you see that they are desperate?

Can't you see that they have introduced the Swine Flu because they are losing control over us?

This is what's really going on.

The mankind is awakened and won't be controlled or fooled by the media anymore. We are not the sheep anymore, we can think for ourselves. We are the creators of our destiny. We have won.

This is my final note - for now.

Peace,
Mulder

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I agree with you (for the moment).

There are 3 fishy facts about this new virus:

1. It's a 5 strains in 1. Certainly a man-made lab virus.

2. It's not as agressive as 2003 SARS outbreak. Outside Mexico, so far only 1 baby death in US. Quiet elsewhere in the world.

3. It comes in a midst of US economic frauds and woes.. to divert our anger and attention

[edit on 5 1 2009 by wisdomnotemotion]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder
Swine Flu hype is an insult to your intelligence

Trying to downplay it is an insult to our intelligence.

the world is all hyped over 257 people who died from the Swine Flu. Not 257.000.000 - but 257.

You obviously haven't read up on the Spanish Flu that killed tens of millions in 1918. It started the same way. It started weak .. took a few months off .. then came back mutated as a killer.

This may or may not go the same way.

This is NOT like the seasonal flu. It's a swine/avian/human hybrid. It is SMART to be aware of what is happening and to watch the situation. 1918 could easily happen again. It WILL happen again. The only question is ... is this the time that it happens again.

If you want to take a break from ATS ... go right ahead.
But frankly your self promoting 'fanfare' of leaving is ....

And your insulting post is as well.
Just leave ... and save the speeches...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So much confusion about this new disease! It is true what the op is saying. But the media are hyping it up and over exagerating for the moment anyway!

It will all work out in the end you will see...

and if it doesn't then we won't know much about it because we will be dead!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

How many people do you know that are affected, or how many did you PERSONALLY know of that are now deceased??
I don't mean Some-one that you read about , or saw on the news!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Finally a voice of reason!

Thank you!

So sick and tired of all this pandemic BS that i haven't been able to watch any news or read any newspapers for a couple of days.

Makes me sick just to see people jumping around panicing because MSM promotes this BS to the max!!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

You miss the point. This is probably JUST GETTING STARTED. If you had sat there at the start of the 1918 Pandemic and said 'how many people have it' ... you would be getting the same answer as now.

The point is that this has potential to be very big and very bad. The leader of the W.H.O. said they have 5 million tamiflu doses and then added 'clearly this won't be enough'.

It is SMART to keep informed on the situation.

It is STUPID to say .... 'I don't know anyone effected (yet) and therefore there is nothing to this.'

The 1918 started weak .. died back for a couple of months .. then came back mutated and as a massive killer. Only time will tell if this works the same way. So far, it is following the same path.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

....first you ridicule this hype over H1N1 flu, then in the same post believe that it is connected to the NWO, and 2012 ?? Including this theory that the Tamiflu is worse for you than the virus, and this is leading to the RFID chip implants??

Lets catch a grip here, this virus is real, the deaths are real, the human to human transmission is real, the countries affected are real.....

This is happening in the real world my friend, and burying your head in the sand and blaming the faceless figures in the NWO will not make it go away.

I wish you well!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by celticniall]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

i understand what you are saying but this is still a pretty serious virus.
i heard a doctor saying that 50-60% of people can be infected from it do to little anti-bodies or immunities to the strain and that it is fatal in 2-8% of cases, depending on what data figures you use ...the 1918 spanish flu that killed millions had a transmition rate of around 50% and killed 2-7% of the time....so this virus isnt the the black death or ebola virus but it is as deadly if not more deadly than the spanish flu and what if it mutates with more deadly bird flu strains....some people are freaking out way too much i agree 100% but this has the potential to really hurt the globe, if 50% of americans catch this, 150,000,000, almost 14,000,000 could die just in america.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Tracking infectious disease, now that we have the tools is extremely important...

It doesn't matter that swine flu is or isn't a disaster

but rather that we all work together to control disease.

I believe it IS possible something like this can be used to control people for seedy purposes, also that companies WILL profit from catastrophes, they are after all companies and there is a moral question to Discuss... but this is a Capitalist country when all is said and done... and I like it that way even if sometimes you have a moment of YUCK

But we should be able to put martial law in place in a crisis...

etc, etc

Problem is Govt and people do not trust each other, for good reason on BOTH parties assumptions very often.

It is this lack of trust and transparency that needs to be resolved.

One thing however is certain, You are Dead Wrong, If we can't police ourselves and cope with problems, THEY Have no choice but to do so... Tracking a possible pandemic, every disease, controlling the spread of ALL disease is mandatory to survive

This is GOOD what's going on here, GOOD

Thing is by the #s

A Pandemic given the modern world is INEVITABLE, a much worse one, a 3/4 of the population Dead Pandemic, we CAN lower the death toll

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

You miss the point. This is probably JUST GETTING STARTED. If you had sat there at the start of the 1918 Pandemic and said 'how many people have it' ... you would be getting the same answer as now.

You said it.... that magical word....PROBABLY. So in-fact I think you have missed my point.
With your staunch view, it would be interesting to know if you were around for the 1918 Pandemic also? While we're at it, how about the Black-death?
Within recent years we have had : CJD (Mad Cow Disease),SARS , Bird Flu, Equine Flu; now.....Swine Flu.
I patiently wait for Fish Flu, or who knows; here in Australia maybe Koala Flu??

I wonder how many of these viruses are as harmful as reported- or is it another tax-payer funded drug company "cash-cow"; sanctioned by government ministers (whom are share holders within the drug company), paid for with tax revenue, fortified with panic caused by the media- making the people they are dependent on placebos to stay healthy._javascript:'

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
all of those diseases are still a major problem especially because they often mutate...so what you are saying is that every out break of disease is just some corporate drug company and media scheme to make money? have you ever been to africa because i have and AIDS, FLU viruses, TB, Ebola, and a whole multitude of very nasty diseases are quite prevalent and very real. when i went to Africa a paticular village had an AIDS rate of 80% and most of their people die horible and untimley deaths. flu viruses such as the current H1N1 strain may pose a huge threat to the whole world on an unimaginable scale. but i guesse its just a money making scheme. go to Africa for a year and then come back and tell me that new viruses arent a real problem

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I agree with you 100%
This is nutss!!!!

Well,,my 1 neighbor now wears a plastic white pull over type bio suit and a football helmet type mask, the other has locked himself in and wont answer the door and the other has round the clock bible study meetings..
This swine is hype!,,

30,000 die of the flu yearly
If mexico had better healthcare options for the poor the deaths woulda been cut by 95%,,and washing their hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its very common getting sick in mexico,
VERY unsanitary,,

The news media will get get bored with this very soon and it will dissapear,,,

dont want to seem like a jerk and Im sorry for the deaths that happened,,
but this hype reminds me of those Georgia boys with the dead bigfoot body..

cant beleive how everyone is buying into this,,,

Now this could cause some problems for 3rd world countries but I dont see this happening,,,

As I said,,its very un sanitary in Mexico...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

What makes you say this is certainly a man-made virus? What makes you an expert? To everyone going around and proclaiming with absolute certainty that this virus was engineered by man, let me say you don't have any idea of what nature is capable of. Your comments are arrogant and ignorant. Microbes are perfectly capable of mutating and borrowing genetic material from other organisms. Microbes are the top of the food chain, folks. They are the dominant life form on this planet, not us. Get over yourselves.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FF normally I agree with you as you are one of my friends. But in this case I have to sort of disagree.

The reason being is travel. True in 1918 travel was accessible around the world but not to the extent it is today. The flu in 1918 would have spread in half the time or less if it had taken place today. The truth is people are traveling at a far greater rate than in 1918. I believe this is why the WHO is making this into a bigger deal than it is and calling it a pandemic.

This is now different than any other flu in the way one can catch it. A general rule of thumb to follow in the normal flu season is to wash your hands a lot, don’t touch your face with hands that are not freshly washed, and try to avoid those who are showing signs of being sick. Of course I do recommend not traveling to the “hot” zone for some time. Not only would you be likely to get sick but there are the drug cartels to think of as well.

Which by the way brings up an interesting thought. Before this the Mexican drug lords were over running Mexico according to the news. Now that the flu hit Mexico you hear nothing of the drug lords. Is this meant to be a way to wipe out the drug cartels, or even lower their numbers? Or is this simply a cover to get them out of our minds? Or some other fear tactic that has made its way to the media because they seem to want everyone to be afraid of something. Maybe this will help them sell more medication and boost the economy?

Anyway food for thought.

Raist

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

There are nothing but profiteers at work here. The banks got theirs now the pharma companies need theirs. Tamaflu is 60.00 per dose. How many world governments do you suppose are putting in their orders? A WHO level 5/6 kinda hurries the orders along.

A little news tid-bit money.cnn.com...

Edit to add: upswing.newsvine.com... ch

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Witness2008]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charis
reply to post by wisdomnotemotion

What makes you say this is certainly a man-made virus? What makes you an expert? To everyone going around and proclaiming with absolute certainty that this virus was engineered by man, let me say you don't have any idea of what nature is capable of. Your comments are arrogant and ignorant. Microbes are perfectly capable of mutating and borrowing genetic material from other organisms. Microbes are the top of the food chain, folks. They are the dominant life form on this planet, not us. Get over yourselves.

I think the flu is either man made or revived from the past. Didn't some researchers dig up some dead people from 1918?

Anyhow, to borrow from another poster, I think these criminals have poured themselves a big cup of Fail. The flu came out too late in the season. By the time the next flu season starts, many people will already be exposed and have some resistance.

Here's a weird tie in. The new crop circle cycle is under way. No crop circles contain any warning of the flu.

Initially, before the story went viral, I had a disturbing dream involving forced inoculation. During the confusion I had another dream where someone was trying to call me and kept getting disconnected. Nothing since.
The danger is real, but may fade. Hope so.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
...Man, knowing this stuff and not being able to stop it freakin sucks. Shouldnt we be tryin to alert the masses of this and of the possible hazords of the vaccine??? I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE -click- ... -bang-

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well, don't leave, just change the subject.

You will be missed.

oink

[edit on 123131p://bFriday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Since there isn't any vaccine yet--and according to MSM, there won't be one until autumn at the earliest--what do you know about it's hazards? Nothing, I suspect.

The antiviral meds Tamiflu and Relenza don't seem to have any more serious potential side effects than just about any prescription med. I have prescription meds right now in my cupboard that list hemmorhaging (rarely fatal), seizure, coma, and death among their side effects. Just about every drug on the market, both prescription and OTC, are hazardous. Note that there are only limited quantities of the antiviral meds and they aren't being given out in every case.

Son of PC, WHY do you think the virus has to be man-made? Are you a virologist? Do you know anything about the way viruses reproduce or mutate? Is your opinion anything but wild speculation? Personally, I think if someone wanted to bioengineer something deadly to kill off a large percentage of the human race, they could have made something a lot more deadly and virulent, maybe somthing more along the lines of Ebola or Lassa, not influenza H1N1.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join