It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Bank Stress Test Results Delayed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Once again, delayed.

I wonder if it has to do with the market rallying now and they don't want to stop it now?
Does this fit with Reinhardt's May 11th prediction?

- Link to Bloomberg

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
There have been a few threads on the results being leaked to the public and the results were not good. Why are they postponing release? I suggest because they need some more time to get their ducks line up so that they would gain more (lose less) when the news are made public.

Or perhaps they need to work a bit more on the 'analysis' of the stress test results... otherwise people might start to think that the banks are in a lousy state....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Oh for Christs sake! Someone SLAP these people for pushing this back a month and a half.

I am seriously getting pissed about this. I know the news is bad but the sheeple wont listen unless it comes from the government.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The tests are Delayed because the banks that DONT Like the results the gov't WANTS to go with are using their Political Leverage (thanks in part to the revolving door between gov't and wall street) to Negotiate Washington to Change the Results!!!!........they want them to fiddle with the numbers or the weight's and formula's to make the banks who did poorly on the tests look better .......and from their perspective ......it's almost tough to blame them.........i mean the gov't caves into their every need.......we need someone in Gov't with a BACKBONE dammit!!!!!!!!

a financial insider says things are QUITE tense regarding the "negotiations" today (it was on a message board i was reading if i find it i will link it)......

two of the "flunkee's looking to renegotiate" are said to be CITI and BOA .....break em down and liquidate their toxic assets.........even a freaken FED Govener says to do this...

riverdaughter.wordpress.com...

[edit on 4-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
NPR..very early, reported pretty much what the above poster stated.
The next hour, their story had been altered.
So..I am going to change my son's math grade because I feel he was not given enough time to prepare.

# !!!!

The world is an absolutely ridiculous place right now!!

Peace...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
IMO they are delaying the release of the results because the banks want to ride the Rally and get more false profits before the government releases the bombshell that the big banks are in serious trouble and need hundreds of billions more to stay afloat.

We all know that the Government has decided that there will only be 9 big zombie banks left, instead of letting the natural cycle of business do its part.

The normal cycle is when a big fish dies the smaller fish moves in and take it over. the government has said no we are going to change the laws of nature. the big fish will live and the smaller fish are the ones that have to die. completely screwing everything up.

we all know the government should have stayed out of the bank failures and they should have stayed out of the auto failures and let nature take its course. yes it would have hurt but in the end we would have been better off. Now when the bottom falls out it's going to hurt a lot worse and the fall is going to be even greater.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's May 7.

Are the stress tests to be released after the markets close? If so, that is mere hours away.

Either way, how these results will look really depends on the formulas and factors they take into consideration.

So either;
1) Results will be not as bad as everyone expects.
2) Results will be skewed to not look as bad as they really are.
or
3) Chaos in the markets tmrw.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nickmare
It's May 7.

Are the stress tests to be released after the markets close? If so, that is mere hours away.

Either way, how these results will look really depends on the formulas and factors they take into consideration.

So either;
1) Results will be not as bad as everyone expects.
2) Results will be skewed to not look as bad as they really are.
or
3) Chaos in the markets tmrw.

Don't forget number 4

4) Oh I'm sorry we are still in the process of submitting the final report to A which has to be approved by B which needs to be approved by C.

oh and number 5

5) Due to the sensitive nature of some disclosed items the report has been classified for national security reasons.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenji4861
Once again, delayed.

I wonder if it has to do with the market rallying now and they don't want to stop it now?
Does this fit with Reinhardt's May 11th prediction?

- Link to Bloomberg

Elaborate please. I have been to his site and have sifted past all the naked women to find little tid-bits of information. Is Reinhardt saying a crash is coming May 11th?

top topics

join