It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally making the jump

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Let me start with a big hello to everyone here. I have spent a greater part of 6 months as a lurker here. This site is truly amazing and I am fortunate to have stumbled across it in my online adventures.

Let me start by saying a little bit about myself and my particular interests. I am 26 and have always been fascinated by mysteries, science, and most things that many people simply dismiss as fiction. I have spent many of nights from my teenage years on contemplating space and time and reality in general, forming my own opinions and ideas about certain aspects.

I have always felt different from the crowd even though I have always managed to fit in and be well liked throughout my early adult years because I thought that was what I wanted. I thought I wanted to be accepted and fit in and that I could force myself to value as well as learn to like the same things as the people I associated with. In reality though, I have always felt like something is not quite right with society and the world in general, like it was tapping me on the shoulder but when I turn to look, nothing is there. I could never quite put my finger on it.

That was until about 8 months ago when I had a small awakening of sorts and realized that feeling I had was very valid and very real. Since that time, I have not stopped in my journey to uncover more truth and dig deeper and ask questions and weigh both sides of an issue. I know now that things are very far from what they seem on the surface and to the eye, and that religion and science are not so far apart as many might have us think, but rather two sides of the same coin.

It has given me some relief in putting my finger on the very itch that I could never scratch before, and I am thankful for that all the time now. This has led me to a few realizations. One being that everything is connected and everyone. The second is that what I don't know is vast beyond my current understanding but my thirst for knowledge and truth is never ending. The third is to always question everything.

I feel I could go on forever about my opinions and recent understandings just like most of you I am sure. I look forward to getting involved in the discussions here now.

Thank you.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well first off hello. I just registered here today and have been lurking here for quite some time as well. I just have to say alot of what you said said mirrors my own life, i've always formed my own opinions about the universe and everything about like you said, reality in general.I always felt somehow different, until i started to actually think and speak my mind . i was curious, what kind of realizations have you made?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. You will find a lot of people like that on ATS. Everyone here is in the quest for truth, and it only helps when one more joins.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS smart to post on the introductions forum. I have been here a while and it took me about to months to find out that there was this forum so you will probably learn how to use the site a lot quicker than I did
. If you want someone to help you while you are new you should check out this thread Adopt a New Member.
Good luck.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hey fox welcome to ats.

Spike

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Hello Fox. Welcome to ATS!

top topics

join