It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old Saudi girl divorces 50-year-old husband

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

8-year-old Saudi girl divorces 50-year-old husband

news.yahoo.com

The girl was allowed to divorce the 50-year-old man who she married in August after an out-of-court settlement had been reached in the case, said her lawyer, Abdulla al-Jeteli. The exact date of the divorce was not immediately known.

A court in the central Oneiza region previously rejected a request by the girl's mother for a divorce and ruled that the girl would have to wait until she reached puberty to file a petition then.

There are no laws in Saudi Arabia defining the minimum age for marriage. Though a woman's consent is legally required, some marriage officials don't seek it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I guess it wasn't meant to be a happy marriage.

Very young girls usually compare male adults to their dads, and the husband probably didn't fit the role model in this case.

They should counsel the young kids about the change that they may encounter while marrying in a very young age. A proper psychological counseling would prevent painful divorce and break up of the Saudi families of a special kind.

Yep.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Dear lordy, I hope these people at least wait till puberty to consumate this er, "relationship". Nowadays 50 year olds are not yet mature enough to be wed, but 8?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Dear lordy, I hope these people at least wait till puberty to consumate this er, "relationship". Nowadays 50 year olds are not yet mature enough to be wed, but 8?

That kid is 8 years old, so is the story of another Saudi who checked with Allah if it was okay to take down the World Trade Center in New York. As long as Allah doesn't object, lots of things are possible.

I'm not sure what was allowed in this respect by the advent of Christianity and if the early Christians had some age limit under which folks should not marry. Islam is a pretty free-wheeling religion, lemme tell ya.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

. A proper psychological counseling would prevent painful divorce and break up of the Saudi families of a special kind.

Well, no one should need a psychologist to know marrying a child and a 50 year old man is not a good idea. That's a recipe for heart ache and quite often abuse too.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Not long ago most girls in the US got married at 12. Christianity has been used for some pretty retarded things too like burning people alive in africa. There was a video of that circulating 2 days ago. The judge in this case just refused to hear the case because he didnt have jurisdiction. I agree he shouldnt order something he cannot order. The problem is they have no laws against this kind of thing and they dont for a reason, religion. If you believe in christianity you shouldnt be pointing fingers. The things christians did in the past are far far worse than this incident.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This isn't about one religion pointing fingers at another. There is no government on earth that should be operated under a religious sect, and all governments must be secular, and based on human rights. Its is a crime against humanity and women and children everywhere for a child to marry anyone, and for a parent to arrange a marriage of anyone as well. And this abuse of human rights in this world is going to end. This negative 3d reality, is like living hell to the children born in it. This girl needs more than the divorce, she needs parents who will fight to take that country out of the dark ages and into a secular, non-religious democracy with a strong constitution of total equality for all of its citizens and good social programs. And to not do so is massive child abuse.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
There's been a ton of threads about this story; I'm surprised that this latest development hasn't been more prolific.

I think this is a good sign; every little bit of pressure counts. I hope that they do implement minimum age laws for marriage in Saudi Arabia.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Seems kinda idiotic that there is no restriction on marrying at any age, yet to seek divorce, the spouse has to reach puberty. I agree that the Saudi government really needs to get a handle on its laws.

Despite the controversy on the age of consent, it seems pretty varied all over the world. While puberty is usually a good milestone to check against, some people have reached puberty at 12, and some reached it at around 17. My take on it is that both sides' consent should be LEGALLY required, and to give consent, both sides should be at least of a minimum age of consent (or be adults who are legally responsible for their own actions).

What age should a person legally be an adult? I really don't know. Perhaps it should be a combination of an age limit as well as making sure they are physically mature? Still, I even know some 22 year-olds who are in no way capable of taking care of themselves as adults.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by babloyi]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
These sort of things make me glad i will never bring someone into this world.

Fffing sickos.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

so is the story of another Saudi who checked with Allah if it was okay to take down the World Trade Center in New York. As long as Allah doesn't object, lots of things are possible.

I understand that this marriage case is ridiculous to say the least but your comment compares apples with oranges.

Relating the marriage to Islam is understandable. Relating Islam to 9/11 is a bunch of #.

No, it wasn't the evil Muslims terrorists in the cave who committed 9/11. And no, Allah had nothing to do with it. Just bunch of media scapegoat propaganda.

These two topics are definitely not comparable.

FYI: I'm not "with" or "defending" any religion, just stating the obvious.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vegno
reply to post by stander

so is the story of another Saudi who checked with Allah if it was okay to take down the World Trade Center in New York. As long as Allah doesn't object, lots of things are possible.

I understand that this marriage case is ridiculous to say the least but your comment compares apples with oranges.

Relating the marriage to Islam is understandable. Relating Islam to 9/11 is a bunch of #.

And where does the description of the reward for martyrs come from? If you die fighting the infidels, you will be permitted to see the face of Allah and afterwards be treated to the kindness of seventy-two virgins. That prospect fuels suicidal attacks in Islamic militant population.

You can say that I compare apples with oranges, but you can't explain why; you can say that relating Islam to 9/11 is a bunch of #, but you can't explain why. You can only mindlessly repeat what you once heard from the propaganda trying to avoid religious hatred and a persecution of Muslims after 9/11.

The Saudi girl is 8 years old, a victim of Islam, and so are the events of 9/11.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I will say this only once.

If this was america..
and we had laws so we could marry baby's age birth to 8 ect...

Everyone on this website would call america the child molester country.
Screaming stay away from american's they love children..and the mother's
give there kids willingly to child molesters

it would be a different story and i KNOW IT!!!

So why does everyone hold this country's hand in this matter?
Oh its there way,,ect

Its just wrong..

So please why even defend child molester's
thank you

cause any way you look at it that's what it is.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
good for her!

saudi arabia is a fed up country.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just think. Had the pervert of a husband had the courtesy to die just a couple weeks ago, she could have been the first widow in her third grade class.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

The Saudi girl is 8 years old, a victim of Islam, and so are the events of 9/11.

If 9/11 victims were victims of Islam then the Iraqis caught in a war started on their turf by false American intelligence are the victims of Christianity. There's plenty of politicians willing to say they fight these wars with God's interest at heart, just like terrorist do it for Islam. If they're religiously motivated killers, then so are we.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

If 9/11 victims were victims of Islam then the Iraqis caught in a war started on their turf by false American intelligence are the victims of Christianity. There's plenty of politicians willing to say they fight these wars with God's interest at heart, just like terrorist do it for Islam. If they're religiously motivated killers, then so are we.

Your argument twisting would make you a top CIA official.

There are no plenty politicians willing to say nonsense of your kind. The separation of the state and the church prevents a US major to order suicidal attack with the promise of everlasting life in Heaven awaiting the soldiers involved in the attack; it has many other benefits.

Christianity forbids sodomizing young boys, as the US cardinals found out during their red-carpet visit to the Vatican. Islam supports pedophilia and other mental atrocities.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

There are no plenty politicians willing to say nonsense of your kind.

Yes there are, why, just the other day a politician who has spoken such nonsense also said that he believed the earth would be destroyed when God wanted it to so there was no need for environmental reform (www.google.com... NznAQ&usg=AFQjCNGBnCGlS_D70hYlVOmB8FiBUFFSIQ). I guess that shows what you know about politicians and their religiously driven ideologies and opposition or support of policies.

Islam supports pedophilia and other mental atrocities

Yeah and the bible says a lot of screwed up things, not to mention preaching stuff that goes against human nature.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

If this was america..
and we had laws so we could marry baby's age birth to 8 ect...

Everyone on this website would call america the child molester country.
Screaming stay away from american's they love children..and the mother's
give there kids willingly to child molesters

it would be a different story and i KNOW IT!!!

So why does everyone hold this country's hand in this matter?
Oh its there way,,ect

Its just wrong..

So please why even defend child molester's
thank you

cause any way you look at it that's what it is.

True what you say. The bigger picture is even more disturbing. Saudi Arabia is a traditional monarchy where the royal family has set the laws of the land based on their Wahhabi fundamentalist interpretations of sexual morality.

All females of any age, unless of noble birth or economically advantaged families, have no rights or have to be provided with humane treatment of any kind.

The aristocracy, thousands of princes and princelings, are free to take any female from any part of the world as his sex slave. Each has a few million dollars disposable income per annum, and a worldwide sub-industry caters to their needs.

Sound like racist paranoid insanity? The archives of a now suppressed online magazine still contain the shocking details of the horrific transgression that take place in America's allied oil rich kingdom.

www.sauduction.com...

" The Saudi princes and their associates purchase US children both male and female as sex slaves. Saud princes are willing to pay dearly for the right quality child (product) and consider virgins as the top of the line. The children are usually shipped in private planes or boats by Saudi princes. They are drugged to be malleable so as not to make disturbances. Some are recruited within the United States or Northern Europe for fictitious jobs as models or actresses while others are purchased from local procurers. Once in Saudi Arabia the girls and boys are whisked off to the palace of the purchasing prince. A prince is absolute ruler of his compound.

Architecturally, the compounds are designed with slave quarters included. Within the palace walls whatever the prince says goes, there are no government restrictions to his will. If a slave escapes they are immediately brought back by the Saudi security police to the responsible prince who may do with them as he pleases. They rarely escape since they spend most of their time within the confined parts of the palace compound under supervision.

When the prince entertains his male friends he provides them with both male and female child sex slaves for their enjoyment. If he tires of a child sex slave he will sell it to another prince or sheik. It is believed once these sex slaves have outlived their usefulness they are dumped into Rubal Khali. It would be to dangerous to free them for fear of potential embarrassment to Saudi Arabian public relations abroad.

One hears many stories along the Cote d'Azure of young girls being enticed to luxurious parties given by Saudi princes never to be seen again. Many young girls and boys along the French coast have stories of Saudi princes trying to entice them into their planes or boats for "a ride". The Saudi princes have grown so sophisticated in enticing young girls and boys, they have even financed their own modeling and companion agencies within Europe and the United States to insure top quality merchandise and cut out the middle men. Many models have stories of being solicited by Saudi princes or friends who have disappeared. "

Mike

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

There are no plenty politicians willing to say nonsense of your kind.

Yes there are, why, just the other day a politician who has spoken such nonsense also said that he believed the earth would be destroyed when God wanted it to so there was no need for environmental reform (www.google.com... NznAQ&usg=AFQjCNGBnCGlS_D70hYlVOmB8FiBUFFSIQ). I guess that shows what you know about politicians and their religiously driven ideologies and opposition or support of policies.

Islam supports pedophilia and other mental atrocities

Yeah and the bible says a lot of screwed up things, not to mention preaching stuff that goes against human nature.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

You used plural "politicians" but used only a single contra-argument showing one legislator who repeats what his supporters (the church lobby) wants him to say. That dude would never make a Supreme Justice to infect the judicial system like in Saudi Arabia. Civilized countries use Constitutions, not some scriptures written by folks who munched on hallucinogenic mushrooms. It is the executive branch that decides who will do what. Why don't you look this direction and quote someone from there to make good on the plural "politicians."

I wish bin Laden had the same attitude toward the issue like that Congresman: If Allah doesn't like WTC , then he shall cause an earthuake upon New York City and brings both "monuments of evil" down.
BTW, the page behind that dude in the vid is kinda cracking up.

The Bible can say "lots of screwed up things" as long as it sits in the pew and not in the Supreme Court, the Oval Office, and other places that matter.

During the inauguration, Obama fumbled the oath, so they did it again later without the Bible. How does that grab you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join