It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Request to Cover Christian Symbol

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

Albert Pike (1809-1891) born on Dec 29. US lawyer, historian, general. Masonic author. Brig General, (Confederate Army), died in 1891. Well-known Masonic author (Morals and Dogma) and composer of the ritual for the concordant body, the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction, he was elected Sovereign Grand Commander of that body in 1859, an office he held until his death. Appointed Grand Orator of the Grand Lodge of Arkansas on November 7, 1864, from 1853 onward he was, at various times, chairman of numerous committees and boards, as well as Grand Representative of four jurisdictions. The Main founder of the Ku Klux Klan (KKK)

threes.com...

If you don't like that link there are many others if you so chose to google

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I've heard that it's not Christian at all but stands for Isis, Horus, Set.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Doesn't matter .

But now that you mention that it's not christian maybe people will start to care LOL

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This topic really makes me sick to my stomach. Everyone knows, even the unbelievers that something is really really wrong in this world. You sense it, you see it, you hear it, you feel it. The difference is the Christians know exactly what it is. The unbelievers give us opinions, excuses, theories, and worst of all are blasphemous against THEIR creator...As they post about their beliefs in aliens, demons and everything else under the sun.
How do you suppose your theories came into existence?
I guess aliens were created through evolution too. Maybe there is a sea in the universe with alien fish that lived for millions of years and they evolved to become so technologically advance they can stream across the universe to planet earth.
Maybe demons just magically appeared out of a concoction of primordial electronical impulses and decided to invade earth.
Maybe Isis was hatched by a dinosaur in the constellation of Pleiades's and telepathically spoke to the Egyptians.
The bible and other apocryphal books speak of the most supernatural events ever recorded in human history, spirits, angels, giants, miracles.
Believe in demonic possession? Well Jesus was possessed with the holy spirit. The spirit of your creator.
But you equate Christianity to Church ladies, Jesus pins and pedophiles dressed up as priests. The bible tells you exactly whats going on...You people sound more and more ridiculous by the day. Your creator left you a letter why don't you read it? For the ignorant..that letter would be the "Bible".
The problem with unbelievers is you don't understand it or you never read it.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Wideawake08]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Well, lets see......

If he ever visits any Muslim or Jewish Americans' mosques or synogogues, in the interest of equality, he should cover their religious references/symbols.

Lets see if he ever does this?

I keep thinking the last Christian references etched in granite on US Government buildings will soon be "sterilized". Its always a good idea to suppress our history in the best interest of our increasingly tyrannical modern Government!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidLight

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by Max_TO

Government has no place in religion, and religion has no place in government. The US is made up of people who subscribe to many different faiths. To have Obama standing directly under a symbol of Jesus Christ would be insulting to some people. Nothing more than that, in my opinion.

While I don't think covering it was a big deal, I don't think it would have been a big deal if it wasn't covered, either. Everyone knows he was talking at a university and not the Oval Office; anyone who would have perceived it as an endorsement of Christianity would have just been picking a fight, in my opinion.

OK try to say that from a Muslim or Mormon.... or maybe Hindu or Buddhist ...it is very nice that you think that way but there are a ton of people in our country who would see it differently... Atheists for one would have a HUGE problem with that.. Politics and religion do not mix..our country was founded on that...although we have strayed from our forefathers ideals...it is the same general concept. I would like to hope that Obama did not have to rely on his reps and decided to cover it for himself.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

I respectfully disagree . He is the president not a King . He works for us we do not work for him .

Are we all 2 years old here ? Do you honestly think that if he has a picture taken with a religious symbol behind him that that means he supports or endorses that religion ? Please .

However , the government requesting that it be covered says something far worse .

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08
This topic really makes me sick to my stomach. Everyone knows, even the unbelievers that something is really really wrong in this world. You sense it, you see it, you hear it, you feel it. The difference is the Christians know exactly what it is. The unbelievers give us opinions, excuses, theories, and worst of all are blasphemous against THEIR creator...As they post about their beliefs in aliens, demons and everything else under the sun.
I guess aliens were created through evolution too. Maybe there is a sea in the universe with alien fish that lived for millions of years and they evolved to become so technologically advance they can stream across the universe to planet earth.
Maybe demons just magically appeared out of a concoction of primordial electronical impulses and decided to invade earth.
Maybe Isis was hatched by a dinosaur in the constellation of Pleiades's and telepathically spoke to the Egyptians.
The bible and other apocryphal books speak of the most supernatural events ever recorded in human history, spirits, angels, giants, miracles.
Believe in demonic possession? Well Jesus was possessed with the holy spirit. The spirit of your creator.
But you equate Christianity to Church ladies, Jesus pins and pedophiles dressed up as priests. The bible tells you exactly whats going on...You people sound more and more ridiculous by the day. Your creator left you a letter why don't you read it? For the ignorant..that letter would be the "Bible".

no the problem with the bible is that it is just another book of stories just like any other book..why do we not believe Herodotus when his Histories are older than the bible? Because "certain" people have more money than the god they supposedly pander for and they make the rules. It is crazy when one person says my religion is better than yours..and Christians sit there and say I told you so..whenever anything bad happens. As far as the bible goes you can even look back at evolution even post "bible" and prove that one fish two fish red fish blue fish is true and that was written by DR.Seuss...but it is very interesting that the bible is not mentioned anywhere in the ancient texts nor are any of the main characters...much like a play that bombed on opening night...no one knows for sure...but there are still a ton of people who believe in it like it is law...you might try looking out your front window and see what gods law really is...it is people shooting each other...rapists and child molesters ....

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

I completely understand what you are saying...but the majority of people in this country ...and more off in other countries don't comprehend that...and if you are wondering why I care about other countries impressions of us..it is like the camel and the cow...the camel and the cow both give milk...they both eat grass..but one day the cow saw the camel smiling and walking in the desert..the cow thought..wow there is sand not to far away from me..maybe I can be just like the camel...so the cow hopped the fence and made way to the Mohave where he quickly died due to dehydration....due to popular belief..a lot of other countries do not like us because of what they think we stand for based on religion ....if you can not figure that out for yourself then too bad

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by Stumpy1

I respectfully disagree . He is the president not a King . He works for us we do not work for him .

Are we all 2 years old here ? Do you honestly think that if he has a picture taken with a religious symbol behind him that that means he supports or endorses that religion ? Please .

However , the government requesting that it be covered says something far worse .

LOL if he works for us then why do we have such a huge deficit? Why is the border with Mexico not closed and Why is there no universal Healthcare..Take a minute..that should be all it takes..and figure out who he works for.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1

Originally posted by Wideawake08

no the problem with the bible is that it is just another book of stories just like any other book..why do we not believe Herodotus when his Histories are older than the bible? Because "certain" people have more money than the god they supposedly pander for and they make the rules. It is crazy when one person says my religion is better than yours..and Christians sit there and say I told you so..whenever anything bad happens. As far as the bible goes you can even look back at evolution even post "bible" and prove that one fish two fish red fish blue fish is true and that was written by DR.Seuss...but it is very interesting that the bible is not mentioned anywhere in the ancient texts nor are any of the main characters...much like a play that bombed on opening night...no one knows for sure...but there are still a ton of people who believe in it like it is law...you might try looking out your front window and see what gods law really is...it is people shooting each other...rapists and child molesters ....

Ever read the book of Enoch...7th generation from Adam? That's WAY WAY before the bible was written. By the way have you seen the ancient ruins of Baalbeck Lebonon? Plenty of evidence if you read the bible and know what you are looking for...Like I said I bet you never read it or you don't understand it....If your a unbeliever...then just keep on unbelieven... Just remember one thing if you deny Christ you have denied your creator....May the Creator of all have mercy on your soul!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Stumpy1

I tend to agree with you on this point . And this topic is in my HO another example of that over zealous government on the prowl yet again .

As for how he is taken buy other countries , while I tend to give them a bit more credit in there ability to reason . Dare I say , they would also be intelligent enough to see it for what it was , not as a personal endorsement of so displayed religious symbol .

However , some of these countries that would mind are too in the very business of dressing up stages before they will make an appearance , I find this troubling .

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
well he's just avoiding some trouble with extremists

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
A: He likely didn't want to appear to be mixing church with state.

Giving a speech in a place of worship isn't mixing church and state. In fact, there is NO SUCH THING as 'no mixing of church and state'. None. What you are trying to tie in to is that the government is not supposed to SPONSOR a religion. The State isn't to support a religion.

Giving a speech in a religious place is in no way 'sponsoring' a religion.

BTW .. when Laura Bush gave a speech in the same place, she didn't have any of the Christian symbols covered up.

B: He didn't want to appear in a photograph with a huge "JESUS" (IHS) symbol over his head.

Obviously. And ya' gotta' wonder why. (I can guess)

If you are going to give a speech in a Christian place, there are going to be Christian symbols. It's a 'duh!' moment. To cover them is pathetically stupid. He never should have been invited to begin with.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'd be remiss not to to add the old adage "Consider the source."

The "news" website in the OP is owned / run by Brent Bozell. Need I say more?

Back OT.

This thread is yet another veiled guise to attack our President. Mental midgets are always making bigoted claims about him being "Messiah" or "Anti-Christ."

This seems to be a minor decorum / protocol issue.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
BTW .. when Laura Bush gave a speech in the same place, she didn't have any of the Christian symbols covered up.

Laura Bush wasn't the President. She also wasn't a representative of the United States Government, or an elected official. She was Dubya's squeeze.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

This thread is yet another veiled guise to attack our President. Mental midgets are always making bigoted claims about him being "Messiah" or "Anti-Christ."

Why do you get that impression ? I don't recall making any such claim ?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wideawake08 But you equate Christianity to Church ladies, Jesus pins and pedophiles dressed up as priests.

You said it, not me; but be careful, several of those shoes fit.

[OT] The symbol was covered to avoid controversy. It obviously failed.

OK, here comes the stereotypical paint.

The bible tells you exactly whats going on...You people sound more and more ridiculous by the day. Your creator left you a letter why don't you read it? For the ignorant..that letter would be the "Bible". The problem with unbelievers is you don't understand it or you never read it.

Could you paint us with a wider brush? Maybe try a roller, more coverage,...

I've read the bible,... Twice. It is the main reason I have the view I do of organized religion.

I continue to refer to it from time to time. It is an excellent reference book written by men, not the creator. It has some valuable lessons contained within it. Please point me to one line in this text that was penned by God.

God never left us a letter.

Several nomads (some who never even met JC) wrote it a couple millenia ago, and the Romans, the Catholics, The council of Nicaea and a couple of Royals changed it to suit their purposes. As I said, it's a wonderful refernce book, but hardly bang-on accurate, and certainly not a letter from God.

If you choose to live your life by it, more power to you. Don't come in here with your overzealous evangelical attitude and expect to be warmly welcomed. I don't preach that I am closer to God then you will ever be, even though I sincerely beleive I am.

Why do you insist on treating all non-Christians as Ignorant.

You have heard of reaping what you sew?

God Bless

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I agree that this is a 'damned if you do/damned if you don't' scenario.
Had he given the speech stood on an enormous American flag there would be someone screaming that from certain angles the stars look like inverted pentagrams and therefore he's the devil himself. Then there would be the whole desecration of the flag thing (probably from those who own stars and stripes underwear...).

Non issue. If the POTUS wants to separate his religious views from his work, it's a great thing. If he has faith, terrific. Good for him. If he uses faith as a vehicle for his work, it's a bad thing.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The thing about faith is that we all have a bit of it placed in something , its our right . What will you do when your article of faith it targeted ?

Unfortunately many people out there seem to believe that the government has the right , and in some cases the obligation to arrive on seen and make a request to an institution to cover up / hide , there freedom of self expression .

The government should not have the right to make such a request and we should understand that when some ones targets one persons rights or traditions as guaranteed by the constitution we are all in fact being targeted .

The government should humble its self before us , not the other way around .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join