It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New/Renewed Testament/Covenant Halakhot/Ways of Living

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Shalom Y'all,

Anyone out there have a clue what I am talking about here? I am asking about the idea of how a person should live according to the Torah in light of the New/Renewed Testament/Covenant.

Let us know what you think on this matter.

Shalom Alekhem,

adamshamar

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If you feel led to that path, if it harms no one, then do explore it.

Yes, I've heard of people following it. Very difficult.

posted on Feb, 5 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Shalom Y'all,

As I understand it, G-d made the Jews His chosen people to be an example to everyone else what ideal relationships were meant to be. That is between Himself and them, and among themselves also. Our natural tendencies gravitate towards selfishness and sinfulness (missing the ideal that G-d desires). As G-d further revealed more about Himself to His people and the world through the scriptural accounts, He increased the knowledge of Who He is and what He desired for ideal fellowship. The covenants build on one another like a foundation. The relevations of G-d do so likewise in the Torah.

To my knowledge the New/Renewed covenant that is promised in the Old/Original Testament/Covenant, is supposed to consist of:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the L-RD, I will put My law (Torah) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their G-d, and they shall be My people.

If this is the case, does this mean that the 613 mitzvot, possibly summarized in the 10 commandments, which is summarized by the two commandments that Y'shua stated:

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law (Torah)?

Matthew 22:37 Y'shua said unto him, Thou shalt love the L-RD Thy G-d with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Matthew 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law (Torah) and the prophets.

Mark 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Matthew 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

John 15:10 If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in His love.

And also:

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth H-s commandments dwelleth in Him, and He in him. And hereby we know that He abideth in us, by the Spirit which He hath given us.

If G-d gave the commandments, would His Spirit also reinforce and encourage them in the lives of all believers who consider themselves H-s people to follow and:

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Would this all be accomplished by allowing G-d through reading/meditating/memorizing His Torah with the help of the Ruach HaKodesh in our inward parts and write it (Torah) in our hearts as is stated once again in:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the L-RD, I will put My law (Torah) in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their G-d, and they shall be My people.

Consider this:

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Please help me understand if I am off base with this line of reasoning. I know that as a gentile, I am grafted in and only remain with faith. I, a gentile, grafted into His People, Israel, The Jews, that is those who have faith while those who did/do not are temporarly taken out until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled. I believe that at that point Y'shua will reveal Himself in a sovereign way so that all of Israel (current not believers) will be saved. This is in fulfillment of His promises to His people in the Old/Original Testament/Covenant. The Jews are the Jews and are still His people. We gentiles have been and remain in by faith. I believe that following the Torah as stated above is my appreciation and love for what He has done for me.

Romans 7:12 Wherefore the law (Torah) is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Romans 7:22 For I delight in the law (Torah) of God after the inward man

Having salvation through faith in G-d's Messiah.

Showing appreciation and love to G-d through devotion and observance of His Torah.

Avoiding legalism and the ways of man that are in opposition to G-d's Torah and Ways by walking in knowledge/wisdom of the Ruach HaKodesh.

Shalom Alekhem,

adamshamar

join