It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: John Kerry and Those Pesky Military Medals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ahh..Flip flop. You mean how Bush was agianst nation building as a candidate and then was for it as President? How Bush said we must have an exit strategy in war as a candidate than said we didn't as a President? You mean how Bush said we didn't need to investigate how 9/11/2001 happened, then decided it was a good idea when he realized he couldn't stop the investigation? You mean how nobody in the Bush Administration was going to answer questions then flip-flopped when they realized they couldn't stop it? You mean how Bush said he was going to continue the economic growth of the 1992 to 2000 years, then changed economic policy to stop it? You mean how Bush said he would continue to protect the environment as a candidate, then shredded our environmental protections? You mean how Bush refused to release his military documents, then said he would release some of them, then only released the ones that showed he had a dental exam?

Is that what you are worried about Kerry doing? ROFL!!!!

Oh yeah, the point of this article:
1) Kerry threw his ribbons, which are representations of medals and are called medals. True.

Hmmm...A war hero who had the guts to go and fight a war he didn't agree with and then had the courage to protest it when he returned versus a man who didn't have the courage to show up for duty in Alabama?

Yeah, that's real controversy..lol.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Alumbrados]

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For me, the issue doesn't lie in the fact that Kerry threw his medals. That's his prerogative. However, it's pretty evident that in doing so, he also rejected the "honor" of earning them, and surrendered his right to trumpet his military record during times of political election.

For how much Kerry is squawking about how Bush was AWOL (Which he wasn't, released documents demonstrate that he served the necessary time in the Air National Guard. Whatever your feelings are on this, fine, but Bush was never AWOL), I have an axe to grind over the manner in which Kerry acted upon his return.

Love the warrior, hate the war; so to speak. Kerry had every right to speak out against the war, but there hasn't been much clarification if he threw his medals (ribbons) over the fence, or not - or if they were someone else's.

That's Kerry's prerogative, and his action which he must answer for; fine and dandy. I just have a serious issue with Kerry divorcing himself from his career in the military which he quite honorably served (I sincerely mean that), and then leaning on it for political merit.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It is John Kerrys business whether he wants to give up his medals or not.

He earned them, unlike a certain president.

It does not matter what he does with them, but what he did to gain them.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
It is John Kerrys business whether he wants to give up his medals or not.

He earned them, unlike a certain president.

It does not matter what he does with them, but what he did to gain them.

I agree. He has the total right to give them up; that has nothing to do with the point I'm making.

That is, if Kerry gives up his medals with his vocalised disgust with the Vietnam war, I don't particularly think it's in his realm to also then utilise these medals as a selling point. He's profiting off of something he has already disowned.

I'd just as soon see the issues surrounding the military service of Kerry and Bush disposed of; it seems to do neither candidate any favors.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by mauskov]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alumbrados

Oh yeah, the point of this article:
1) Kerry threw his ribbons, which are representations of medals and are called medals. True.

Hmmm...A war hero who had the guts to go and fight a war he didn't agree with and then had the courage to protest it when he returned versus a man who didn't have the courage to show up for duty in Alabama?

Yeah, that's real controversy..lol.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by Alumbrados]

Excellent point! Had the "guts" to fight and the "courage" to protest....

And feels the need to lie about it now.....

Do you really want someone who would lie about something like this, something that most people would probably understand if not respect, running the United States?

Whatever you might say about Dubya, WMDs or not, at least if he says he choked on a pretzel you can beleve him.

Kerry version of the truth is now, and will always be, whatever the polls tell him it is.

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by Seth Bullock]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Kerry version of the truth is now, and will always be, whatever the polls tell him it is.

Amen.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This subject will definately be coming up in the next few weeks as Obama pushes for John Kerry to be the new Secretary of Defense. Lovely .. the guy threw his medals over the White House fence and then years later, when it was politically good for him, he reclaimed them and brags about them. Now this fella may be Secretary of Defense. UGH.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join