It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids raised by... kites?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That's a good question (how to precisely align stones) that I haven't seen an answer for yet. However I did see that using kites or sails whatever you want to call them could provide sufficient lifting force to lift pyramid stones quite easily.

A guide or frame or something would have to be used to locate a block precisely. Can anyone explain a better method of how to precisely lift a pyramid stone on top of another? I need a good explanation without seeing it. (maybe a guide with water that would make a stone sit perfectly as the water was forced out along channels in the guide or frame? - just speculating)

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

No offense there Ilmatic but the kites didn't do all the work, the jews were slaves in Egypt and I highly doubt the pharoah did a lot of heavy lifting. So the slaves, Jews as well as others did build the pyramids with a lot of help.

Not aliens, not anti-gravitic humming stones, just a lot sweat and possibly wind power.

Spiderj

Jews weren't slaves, the Hebrew Israelites were slaves and they had no take in building any pyramid.

History places the pyramids of Giza being at least 5,000 years old. Hebrews in MASS numbers were in Egypt at around 1,200 BC.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I have been trying to find any evidence that would make this theory possible. In my search i found myself into another forum discussing this, and i am not sure if I should post in here a link to that forum, so in doubt is better not to do it.

But, what I can say is that first of all, according to the people who saw this show in the other forum. The engineers who came up with this idea "said several times that there is no actual evidence for the ancient Egyptians to have used kites."

They just wanted to see if they could raise a stone obelisk "vertically" with "modern" kites and a combination of "modern" and ancient ropes.

The engineers also had to try several times before being able to raise the obelisk, and raising an obelisk is not the same as actually "lifting" blocks of stone.

The argument in that show was that the ancient Egyptians knew how to use the power of the wind for their boats, and that they could have done the same thing to "raise" obelisks and such.

It was merely an exercise in engineering, nothing more, nothing less.

These people knew almost nothing about the history of Egypt and they were merely aerospace engineers.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Feasable, crude hot air balloons, kites to lift tons of stone, levers, sleds, oil, mud, water, logs....the discovery channel has made a film about nearly every wild and crazy idea scientists today have come up with.

What doesn't quite jib in the kite theory is what material is the kite made out of? Papyrus paper isn't as flexible or maleable as modern paper. Cloth wasn't thin light and billowy as today's either. Neither materials work appropriately in my historians mind.

I didn't see the show, but who knows. I just wouldn't want to be underneath a 2 and a half ton stone flying over head on kite strings. Which would bring up another problem, where do you get the string or rope to manage this process.

rad

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

No offense there Ilmatic but the kites didn't do all the work, the jews were slaves in Egypt and I highly doubt the pharoah did a lot of heavy lifting. So the slaves, Jews as well as others did build the pyramids with a lot of help.

Not aliens, not anti-gravitic humming stones, just a lot sweat and possibly wind power.

Spiderj

Jews weren't slaves, the Hebrew Israelites were slaves and they had no take in building any pyramid.

History places the pyramids of Giza being at least 5,000 years old. Hebrews in MASS numbers were in Egypt at around 1,200 BC.

Thank you for that suscint clarification. You are correct.

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I saw this same broadcast you are reffering to probably a year ago and I have to be honest with you, I laughed at this woman. I laughed at her theory, laughed at her attempts, laughed at the fact that someone, somewhere decided to fund her expedition to test her perposturous theory.

The greatest error in her theory and the one which subsequently kills it without me have to point out the others is the fact that her tests rely on "high desert winds". What she either didnt think about or chose to overlook is the fact that at the time the pyramids were built Egypt wasnt a desert, it was a lush enviornment, so ex your high desert winds. Further more there is no evidence of massive kites in ancient egypt, and no stelle depicting stones attached to any kites or anything remotely kite like.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Rolling large bricks (such as some of the ones in the pyramids) on logs is not feasible as it can be easily shown that such weights easily crush the logs.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ok so lets say they lifted the stones with kites.....this still doesnt explain AT ALL how accurate these stones where placed. Ive heard somewhere that the pyramids are about 1/2" off of being square....something that is almost impossible to this day in modern construction.

I raise a question, Ive looked at many different hyrogliphs of the the Egytians and never once been able to find any hyrogliphs of the building or construction phases of the pyramids. I find this highly intresting given the extensive detail to many common things in Egypt life. I would only imaging the the building of the pyramids would be legendary, monumentous, extraodiary to say the least.

I know that between the years of 1984?-1992? there where excavations of the pyramid that proved evidence of an underground tunnel/chamber (maybe where the ship is). Has anyone heard why the excavations have stoped, or has anyone heard any news of upcoming excavations?

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When you say Pyramid, im assuming you are refering to the Great Pyramid. Yes there are several tunnels/passageways in the pyramid. There were a fleet of ships found burried on the Giza plateau, the exact number I do not remember, but there were many, all preserved very well. There was also a very large ship found, the location I do not remember exactly but I will look it up for you.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
20-ton blocks with 0.01 inches of perfectly straight and at nearly perfect right angles for all six sides put in place by Kites i dont think so..........

www.eng.iastate.edu...

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by Inf0rm3r]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I highly doubt they used kites back in the day of the pyramids, it must of been something more here's a image to put in your head "100's of slaves holding up kites lifting up huge stones?!" so how did they get the point of the pyramid up there eh? must of been one hell of a kite!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

At last, we can throw that "Jews built the Pyramids" garbage theory in the trash.

Spiderj

Is has been established that the pyramids were NOT build for by slaves, there has been much evidence to support the fact that the men who buile the pyramids were paid and were paid according to skill level but regardless the pay was actually good given the time.

Heres a link
www.harvard-magazine.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I read it was built by using the mind and sound. I read this somewhere.

[edit on 15-6-2004 by Nlive81]

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is a man who really did discover the secret of the Egyptians.

"I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids, and have found out how the Egyptians and the ancient builders in Peru, Yucatan, and Asia, with only primitive tools, raised and set in place blocks of stone weighing many tons!"

- Edward Leeskalnin, builder of Coral Castle!

www.labyrinthina.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
The show pointed out that the Egyptians used wind power extensively at sea with their sailing ability. Looks like a bunch of Egyptian experts didn't document very well how they did things.

That's a good point. We know there were sea-faring people in that time, and anyone who's had to handle a sail on a windy day knows just how much power there is in the wind. It's not impossible that someone thought of something like this back then..

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
One of the great misconceptions about ancient Egypt is that they didn't have the wheel to transport large stones. I don't know why this persists. The fact is that at the time of Moses, then prince of Egypt, Egyptian soldiers had chariots.

This was the beginning of the bronze age - 3,200 years ago - and the Egyptian chariots had iron wheels. Now, with that knowledge, how do you think those stones were moved?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Now the story of aliens visiting Egypt at the time of the construction of the pyramids is another question altogether from that of whether aliens helped build the pyramids. While I don�t believe the latter, an alien presence in Egypt at the time is well documented in the most read book of all time and witnessed by a nation of thousands. Want proof? go to onealclan0.tripod.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Excellent link AceOfBace
I did not believe it until I seen it.
Kite life Magazinewww.kitelife.com...

But it does not explain how the blocks at the Coral Castle in Florida were moved
Or the mortar used in the Temple Gaza, and how these stones were cut

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join