It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids raised by... kites?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
hi every body.. hi Dr.Nick

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
?? ok ignore his comments and continue on topic!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
english.pravda.ru...

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yesterday i had a dream About the pyramid. It was High above the ground and there was a sphere/ball sending something on top of it... just dreams thoe.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
this kite theory sounds interesting and very possible...

i believe the Nazca lines were created with the help of hot air balloons but how could the Egyptians have lifted slabs of rock weighing tons with kites? How windy was it? Did they use multiple kites or a super large kite?

and btw ancient people were alot smarter than we perceive them to be now.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
How did any materials they had at the time withstand the shear weight of the blocks? in any case if they got past that then yeah the idea sounds awsome.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought they used white dust that made things lighter

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Those egyptians had all kinds of technology. After the fall of their civiliation our species seem to go dull with technology. I wonder if they had kites if they had gliders or some sort of basic flying machine too, that would be unreal.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
i think she have to read the KEBRA NAGAS book from the ETHIOPIAN BLACK JEWS anyway how the ancient technologies is using by the ancient people.
the problem here is this most of the researcher from western they quickly denies any ancient technology
without reffering this thing to any situation of our couterpart technology or the people of the elders and just make an ASS U ME.my meaning is this if we really dont understand about this matter just finded any other way arounds dont just assume what is in her own psychopatch ideas.this same happen like to one kind of object from the TURKI that object simmiliar to US space shuttle so most of the scientist in NASA says this just coincident or just try to CON us all up .
come on just give me a break here!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Thats silly, eventhough the pyramids are an enigma you can rule out kites.(just on the rope alone). I will give my house to anyone that can replace it with an equal weight in a single piece of stone by kite.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
The Prophecies of Earlyne Channey

Earlyne Channey, again, is the originator of Astara, the mystery school in Upland, California. Her teacher is Kuthumi, Zoser, and the Virgin Mary. Her teachings are very much in tune with Djwhal Khul's teachings, which is not surprising. She has made a great many wonderful and exciting prophecies.

Earlyne sees, in the future, a rediscovering of the ark of the covenant. This term was recently popularized by the movie, "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Earlyne says that the arks of the covenant were actually brought by extraterrestrials. The ark of the covenant were special instruments with crystals attached to them. This instrument was used to create light beams similar to our lasers. She said they were used in Atlantis and later Egypt to build the pyramids.

The arks of the covenant could cut stone and could be used to defy gravity and actually levitate large stones. Earlyne also said that these arks were also used to build the great underground tunnels. Earlyne says that a small extraterrestrial space craft is stored in a chamber not yet found far beneath the great pyramid.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is to the couple people who apparently didn;t check the links...

It was proved, and it did work. The towers were erected and the bricks moved rather quickly... quicker than what would have taken people to do by themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Getting an obelisk to stand straight up by using wind and scaffolding is difficult by any standards.

Getting a 70 ton slab of solid red granite into place as a ceiling stone in the kings chamber by wind and scaffolding is impossible.

Maybe they used kites to build a crane and some cable first though.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I saw the show and was impressed. It showed that it may have been possible. But, there were a couple of things I wished they had more time and money to work on.

If I remember right, near the end of the show they tried to raise the obelisk with more authentic materials. A linen kite and hemp rope. But, they had a problem getting the linen kite to fly with 2" thick hemp ropes attached to it. So, they went back to a nylon kite and ropes. I'm not discounting what they did at all. But, it would be interesting to see if they could have made it work with the linen kite and hemp rope if they had enough time and $.

My two cents - given enough time to play with it - I think they might make it work with the more authentic kite and rope.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
If I remember right, near the end of the show they tried to raise the obelisk with more authentic materials. A linen kite and hemp rope. But, they had a problem getting the linen kite to fly with 2" thick hemp ropes attached to it.

Still trying to find that picture they were using as a basis for their experiement... but since you saw the show...

To me, the kite from the illustration was much longer than the one they were using. A longer kite would have helped... that, and the fact that they said in Egypt the winds are northernly, while their test site the winds were coming from/ changing directions too much.

I'm not saying it was all done with kites... there were people involved in physical power... but what I am saying is that it wasn't built by traditional means, or commonly excepted ideas... including UFO's.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This theory is not new, it was presented about 2 years ago or so.

BTW, Ed Leedskalnin, the builder of the Coral Castle, did say that he thought he had found how the Egyptians built the pyramids, but what he found was not wind power with kites. He invented and used a machine he called "perpetual motion holder." Part of the machine is still in the Coral castle, but Ed took appart some parts of it and up to now noone has been able to find how his machine worked or what is needed to make it work.

Also, fyi Ed weighted about 100 lbs and he had been diagnosed with terminal tuberculosis, but Ed's condition improved as he was working on the Coral castle and he claimed that his work on magnets with his machine had helped him get better.

Ed never let anyone see him work except children, he was very fond of children. He always worked alone and was able to move and shape the rocks he used to build the castle. Two of the children that saw him said that they saw him float and move the rocks as if they were hydrogen ballons, not that he used kites or hydrogen ballons.

You don't want to believe the possibility that some advanced race that the Egyptians called Gods gave them knowledge of advanced technology. But the earliest records of the Egyptians mention that the first cities "were built by Gods". The Pharaohs continued their reign because they were supposed to be the direct descendants of these Gods and Godesses.

The Vedic scriptures of the Hindu say pretty much the same thing, but this has been labeled as "myths" by most arheologists.

I am not sure 100% about this, but this is what the ancients tell us in their texts.

Andrew Collins presented the same theory that the ancient Egyptians had used some technology that was given to them by these elder races of Gods which existed in Egypt.

Here is a link to his site.
www.andrewcollins.com...

I would not give have given any credence to this theory if the ancients did not leave us the same accounts in their writtings.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is a very interesting story and theory. But there is one minor setback to constructing such great wonders with the wind as a tool.

You can't control the weather....especially wind movement.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
I thought they used white dust that made things lighter

I remember reading of this a while ago. Some kind of alchemical reaction apparently created this dust.
I found these links for anyone interested.

monatomic.earth.com...

www.subtleenergies.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I saw this show and was impressed with the theory. Apparently just somewhat steady winds are all that is needed to get a lifting force upwards as demonstrated by the show. I have to commend the people on the show using their own money and own time to prove that wind power can be used to lift large stone blocks. They successfully demonstrated that steady winds of around 25 mph can lift several ton stone blocks.

The show pointed out that the Egyptians used wind power extensively at sea with their sailing ability. Looks like a bunch of Egyptian experts didn't document very well how they did things.

Edited a note here: For those that didn't see the show. The show pointed out that winds in Egypt are steady and consistent very often. The tv show also was able to film the lifting or standing up on end of a 6 ton tower of concrete in less than 30 seconds. (Granite was too expensive out of their own pocket. Granite was what the Egyptians used.)

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by orionthehunter]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
So how would they have put one block on top of each other so perfectly? Using kites and wind power wouldn't cut it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join