It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids raised by... kites?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Flying Pyramids

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by soothsayer]

GAAAH! It erased my entire entry! damnit damnit damnit

Okay... anyway...

To make it quick... last night on the History Channel, it aired this show which showed a professor believing that the Egyptians used kites to move and erect the multi ton bricks and towers...

She proved this by lifting 3 1/2 ton and 6 1/2 ton towers... but failed when it came to erecting 16 ton plus structures...

She believed the kite method because to her, the Egyptian writings showed it... the image of the outspread wings looked like a great long kite to her, held by eight people.

*damnit damnit damnit*

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I see this on TV the other night. It is very intresting to think, again school books are wrong.

Using the power of wind. I Bet the could have put up the Pyramids much faster. Compared to pulling or pushing.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Considering some of the Kite designs I've seen, all I can say is, why not?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No matter how it was done... ancient people are never given enough credit for their achievments.

I personally don't follow the massive amounts of slaves, and mile long dirt ramps. Seems too farfetched.

And aliens? Gad... why is it whenever somebody does something grand, aliens did it instead?

But kites... that is interesting. Makes me wonder now about the guy who created Coral Castle in Florida... if this isn't the way he did it... especially since he was quoted as saying he "rediscovered the Egyptian secrets of moving massive stones"...

Still trying to find an image that the lady was using to justify her kite theory... to anyone who didn't see the show, it was the disk of Ra, wings outstetched. Under the disk was the pharoh, and four people on each side of him. Just above the eight people, there were lines coming from the wings down...

The lady believed the wings were shaped like a great kite, and the lines were tether lines controled by the eight figures...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i agree, ancient people just don't get the credit they deserve.

but i think it would take more than 8 people to control a 10 ton brick suspended in the air by a kite.

on this show you saw, were the people doing this experiment able to guide the object? or did they just succeed in raising it off the ground?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
1. For the oblisks, they erected a wooden structure, almost like scafflding... the point of the tower was afixed to rope, leading upto the top of the wooden tower, which in turn was afixed to the mega kite... they used two or three people to guide/control the kite. One good breeze, and the stone oblisk was standing upright, and two others just nodged it into place. This oblisk was 6 1/2 tons. The larger one, 16 tons, got off the ground, but only in short intervals... the wind was changing direction too much.

2. For the 6 ton bricks, once again, one end was tied to the kite, two guiders on each side... they had wood rollers laid out in front of the brick... one good breeze later, the stone brick moved right over the rollers. Don't remember the times, but it was quicker than using people.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
this is the first time i heard the theory and thus far is sounds very plausible, but does anyone know how constant the wind currents in the area are, and if so, how strong are they.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The whole think actually makes a lot of sense. Combine the kite theory with the fact that they had what, thousands of slaves to pitch in.

That's a lot of people to work large multiple kites and coordinate the stones into place.

Don't care how they did it, however they did do it you know the capstone was a bitch to put in place.

Yeesh.

SPiderj

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
At last, we can throw that "Jews built the Pyramids" garbage theory in the trash.

I've always given respect to the ancients of this world whether Sumerian, Egyptian, or Mayan. They held the keys to this world.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
There's a site here where they did something similar:

www.kitelife.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
That sight provided by AceofBase was what I was looking for... it's the same group and setups used on the History Channel program. Cool!

From what the show said, in Egypt the winds are usually northernly, whereas the place they were using for their experiments the winds were... chaotic.

And why not kites? Didn't the Peruvians (or whoever made the lines and images of animals in South America) have hot air balloons? The wind is a free source of energy, as our turbine fans have shown... so why couldn't they be used to move stones?

But, like said... placing the cap stone...
... that'd have been interesting to see!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

At last, we can throw that "Jews built the Pyramids" garbage theory in the trash.

No offense there Ilmatic but the kites didn't do all the work, the jews were slaves in Egypt and I highly doubt the pharoah did a lot of heavy lifting. So the slaves, Jews as well as others did build the pyramids with a lot of help.

Not aliens, not anti-gravitic humming stones, just a lot sweat and possibly wind power.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Color me skeptical... I don't think they'd have had the right materials for the kites. And I would really have to see some compelling evidence for kites in ancient Egypt.

I checked the link but didn't see anything on the inscription evidence. Anybod got a link there?

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I cant emagine how they could've used kites

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Using Kites makes perfect sense:

Think about this, today our main source of energy is oil. Indirectly virtually everything is powered by oil.

Think back thousands of years. Verified sources of energy included biological power (i.e. animal strength) and also winds (think Sail Boats.) So why wouldn't an ancient engineer almost immediately try to use what was already available to him (or her, but doubtful) at the time ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
They could also have used hot air balloons. I heard somewhere that since the only way to see the South American Nazca lines in their entirety is by the air, the ancients could have had a primitive form of air travel. Hot air balloons.

Balloonist Julian Nott recently made a 'Smoke balloon' using only the materials available to the ancients and flew over Nazca.

Nazca Ballon

If they could make one, why not the Egyptians ?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
egypt rules allmighty

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And so do jiggly fat people

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
that jiggle like jello

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p...