It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriotic Retirement Plan :: This guy nails it good.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Subject: PATRIOTIC RETIREMENT PLAN

This is from an article in the St. Petersburg , FL Times Newspaper on Sunday.

The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix the Economy?"

I think this guy nailed it!

----

Dear Mr. President:

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force.

Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings -

Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR. Forty million cars ordered-

Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage
-
Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

If more money is needed, have all members of Congress and their constituents pay their taxes...

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.

I haven't checked out the article. It claims this was an email sent into them.
I received this from a member here on ATS named CAFR1.

I agree with this email whole heartedly; BUT it's just too damn simple for the people with IQ's lower than slithering slugs to understand. MAYBE, just maybe one of them will pick up on this and run with it.

Shoot it full of holes if you can...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Math isnt my strong suit with such big numbers, but wouldnt this cost more than our current budget of $3.7 T plus what has already been spent on the banks, AIG and auto companies combined???

p.s. I like the idea since I am almost 50....but it doesnt seem practical.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by rangersdad]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Since we are so far up in the trillions as it is 40T...

To absolutely regain our economy ??

Seems good to me.

I can't imagine 40M orders for cars but you get the idea.

Wait, let me add this too ... If you were offered 1M to retire and we had a few Trillion set aside for people who are 50'ish don't you think alot of people would take that stimulous money rather than FORCING banks to take the money (with strings).

People that are 50 apply just like anyone else (welfare etc and drug testing etc.) the strings attached are...

1st They must retire.
2nd Pay back mortgage or buy a house.
3rd Order a new American built car.

Pretty simple ... it'll keep alot of feds busy issuing money and checking facts etc.

Imagine what the rest of the world would think WooT... (besides try to get in on it =) )

[edit on 4·30·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

Not practical because it would actually work, except the math the government uses doesn't include all the pork that is being spent to fill pockets of CEO,Politicians and all the bankers who would have lost alot of money due to there greed and stupidity!!

The numbers never made sense to me from the beginning, even if you added all the mortgages, and bad debts (assuming everyone failed).

Just a bunch of damn crooks is all.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I can tell you why this is a totally crazy idea, imagine 40 million "New" rich in the system buying up due to the conditions attached to the grant.....everything goes up massively in price and the people working paying taxes wouldn't be able to ever afford a car or a house ever again.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lots of people in that age group have retirement plans worth several hundred thousand dollars. So we could make up the difference between what they are worth and a million bucks.

It could work. Make it voluntary.

new topics

top topics

join