It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalker: Call of Pripyat announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ukrainian Developer GSC Game World has announced S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, a stand-alone game that will be the third in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. Call of Pripyat will be set immediately after the events of the first game in the series, Shadow of Chernobyl. (Last year's Clear Sky was a prequel to that game.)

According to a post on the GSC Game World site, Call of Pripyat is about how the military tries to take control of the exclusion zone around the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and fails. As a result, Ukraine's Security Service dispatches an agent to investigate the situation.

The list of game features include a new A-Life system, which is responsible for creating the feeling of a real-world ecology in the Exclusion Zone. There will be an extended system of side quests, as well as unique characters and a new interface. You'll even have to factor in having to sleep. The game is being built on the 1.6 version of the X-Ray engine. Call of Pripyat will be released sometime this autumn for the PC.

Source

A big yay from me. The first 2 games (after a year of patches
) were brilliant and memorable. By the sounds of it they are actually listening to the fans and implementing some of the realism elements missing from the first 2 games.

They are meant to be survival-horror, so I'm glad there is a bit more surviving to be done in this new game.

Sound off if you are a STALKER fan and this news makes you grin so hard your jaw muscles cramp.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Good to see more fellow die-hard STALKER fans. This news made my day.
The movie it is partly based on is really good too.
Wish more games and movies had the atmosphere, depth, epic feel, and mystery conveyed ...correction, wish for at least one to dare come close.

join