It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of The Most Solid Abduction Accounts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by da_beast_666

There has been countless implants removed and tested.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

You can say there is a chance they are giant cave dwelling insects or beings from another dimension but there's no chance they are not of this world. Huh????

That makes me laugh a little. I love how so many people still think we are alone in the universe. Mental conditioning I guess, or arrogance.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidCrystalz

Here it is.....
The Kentucky Invasion
(1955)

Billy Ray Taylor and his wife were visiting the Sutton farm on this particular night. Billy exited the house to go fetch water from the Sutton family well. While drawing water, he witnessed an "immense, shining object" landing about a quarter of a mile from the house. Excited and frightened, he ran back to the house with the news, but no one took him very seriously.
Shoot First, Ask Questions Later:
Soon, strange things began to occur. The family dogs began to bark outside. The man of the house, "Lucky" along with Billy Ray went outside to see what the problem was. They were both stunned when they saw a three to four foot tall creature, making its way toward them with its hands up. They two men described the creature as like nothing they had ever seen before. It had large eyes, long thin mouth, thin, short legs, large ears, and its hand ended with claws. Billy Ray fired his .22 caliber rifle, and Lucky fired his shotgun. The barrage of bullets had no effect on the being.
Being Appears at Window:
Lucky and Billy both knew that they had hit their target at that close range. But the small creature did a back flip, and then scurried into the woods. The two men went back into the house, but soon another creature was seen looking at them through a window. The two men again blasted away, and ran outside to see if they had killed it, but found nothing. A large hole was later seen through the screen where the shots had been fired.
"Run for Your Lives!":
This cat and mouse game continued into the night as the creatures would appear and disappear. Realizing that they were up against something out of the ordinary, the family decided to run from the house, and ask for assistance from the police station in the little city of Hopkinsville. It took two vehicles to hold everyone, but off they went. After hearing their bizarre story, Sheriff Russell Greenwell thought they were joking. Finally the family convinced him that they were not making up their story, and Greenwell decided to go to the Sutton farm house.
The Police Arrive:
When the police arrived at the farm house and searched the area around the house no evidence of any creatures was found. However, they did find numerous bullet holes through the windows and walls of the house. Over twenty policeman were involved in the search. The police admitted that the Suttons were not drunk, and genuinely frightened by something or someone. Nearby neighbors did confirm strange "lights in the sky," and "hearing of bullets being fired." The police left at 2:15 AM.
The Aliens Return:
After the police were gone, the aliens returned, and the earlier battle was repeated. The gunfire had no effect on the creatures. All together, eleven people were present at the Sutton family farmhouse.
The Air Force Arrives:
Not all of the eleven witnessed the strange events of the night. June Taylor was too frightened to look, and Lonnie Lankford, and his brother and sister were hidden during the encounter, which still left seven witnesses to the encounter. The police department requested the Air Force to investigate the happenings at the Sutton house. They also did a search of the house and surrounding area, but without any solid evidence being found.

ufos.about.com

It is interesting because to this day this case is still being deliberated.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You're saying because it's possible to produce effects that are not even close to these abduction experiences in a lab that it had to have happened in these cases?

Possibility means nothing without evidence.

You could say it was possible that they were sleep walking.

You can say it was possible that anything occured but you have to have actual evidence to counter what the eyewitness or eyewitnesses said occured.

As far as Persinger goes, his study was a joke. It's interesting on other levels but a joke when it comes to abductions.

Here's a little counter:

1. In order to obtain an abduction-like response from the subjects, researchers had to direct a particular pattern (computer-controlled) of magnetic stimulation to a particular part of the brain. Even if seismic activity or tectonic strain does indeed release magnetic energy that reaches the surface in sufficient strength to affect someone's behavior, it certainly does not beam it into that person's frontal lobes in a particular pattern. So, how does the helmet prove anything about abductions? The answer is that it doesn't. It doesn't prove anything about them. What it proves is that a combination of sensory isolation and a helmet that directs magnetism in specific patterns to specific areas of the brain can produce some psychological effects. We know that some drugs can do the same, and that sometimes sensory deprivation alone can also produce such effects.

2. In order to obtain an abduction-like response from their magnetically stimulated subjects, researchers had to shine a flashlight at them and slowly lower, then raise it. Who's shining a flashlight at abductees?

3. Are TST proponents claiming that abductees have more magnetically sensitive temporal lobes than other people? TST researchers have not verified that abductees are being exposed to magnetic fields at the time of their abduction experience. In fact, they seem to be doing little actual study of the abductees themselves. We are all regularly exposed to magnetic fields of even greater strength than those used in the helmet experiments. Magnetic fields/EM fields are generated by every power line and every electrical appliance in our homes and even stronger ones are generated by machines in many workplaces. If electromagnetic fields from far underground can cause abductees to hallucinate, then why don't stronger and nearer electromagnetic fields cause abductees to hallucinate? (See how the Sagan quote above applies here...) To say that these everyday electromagnetic fields aren't the "right kind" won't suffice as a response to this unless you prove that tectonic strain DOES produce the "right kind" of electromagnetic fields (If, indeed, there is a "right kind".).

4. There must be tectonic stress release with accompanying EM fields when abductees are in the presence of others, at work or at play. Why no effects at those times?

5. On the other hand, if abductions are merely temporal lobe hallucinations of those with sensitive temporal lobes, how is it that there are sometimes multiple abductions, such as Betty & Barney Hill, or the three women who were abducted in Kentucky, or the four men in Maine? In these multiple abduction cases, everyone had the experience. If our premise is that some people have abduction experiences because their temporal lobes are more sensitive to magnetic stimulation, then we would expect there to be cases where some people in a group (Those with sensitive temporal lobes...) would have an experience, yet others (Those with less sensitive temporal lobes...) would not have any experience at all.

www.ufosetc.com...

[edit on 1-5-2009 by platosallegory]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alien implants have not been tested by the top labs yet now have they. Until they have been then we can use them as evidence.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused by the comments that Travis Walton apparently lied on a lie detector test.

My understanding is that all 6 (or was it 7?) of the people involved passed a lie detector test. Additionally, Travis and Mike Rogers passed a second test when they were requested to take another one by the producer of the subsequent movie about their experiences.

We all know that lie detectors are not completely reliable. However, what was so significant in this case was that every single one of the witnesses passed their tests telling the same story. The chances that they were all telling the same lie and yet still managed to pass their tests is astronomical.

Combined with the testimony, circumstantial evidence, etc. makes for a pretty compelling case.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Very interesting thread and thank you for creating it, it was difficult to watch Jesse Long undergoing hypnotic regression, my heart went out to him. I don't have to much to add other than I think many of these people have experienced something very real, and it does indeed seem to be originating from ET. It is illuminating to come here to ATS, and be able to cross index so many different viewpoints, it allows you to create a worldview that is so very different from what mainstream society thinks is going on. Great minds will always seek the knowledge and truth.

Does anyone have links to anymore videos of abductees undergoing hypnotic regression? I find them fascinating for so many reasons, if sometimes hard to watch.

Peace be among these, my friends and brethren.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Someone had asked about a case where 4 fishermen were abducted in a New England state. It's on page 2 of this thread...the Allagash Abduction...only one I can think of fitting that criteria (it was in Maine I believe...)...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You are right,here is the link back to page two...2nd post down.

Page Two

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Whats the "top labs"?

Is the Southwest Research Institute not a god lab???

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by morgan04
I'm a bit confused by the comments that Travis Walton apparently lied on a lie detector test.

My understanding is that all 6 (or was it 7?) of the people involved passed a lie detector test. Additionally, Travis and Mike Rogers passed a second test when they were requested to take another one by the producer of the subsequent movie about their experiences.

We all know that lie detectors are not completely reliable. However, what was so significant in this case was that every single one of the witnesses passed their tests telling the same story. The chances that they were all telling the same lie and yet still managed to pass their tests is astronomical.

Combined with the testimony, circumstantial evidence, etc. makes for a pretty compelling case.

Good points,

What bothers me when it comes to abduction cases and mass sightings the skeptic barely if ever debates what occured. They debate what they think occured which is meaningless without some evidence to support their claim.

We have ways of investigating an abduction case or a mass sighting. Many of these cases have been tested and some are very strong and others are not strong. We have ways to investigate eyewitness accounts. We do it in courts and police investigations all the time.

We don't have a way to test wild speculation and opinion from the skeptic or debunker.

I will give you two examples:

1. A person says they saw a U.F.O. and they have pics. Later an astronomer says a shooting star was in the area around the time of the sighting.

This is evidence that the sighting is probably attributed to the shooting star.

2. An abduction case occurs where there's several witnesses who pass a polygraph test and the investigators looking into the story and the background of those making the claim says they believe what they said they saw occured.

Then the skeptic offers nothing but opinion as to what they think occured means nothing.

The only way you can reject the second scenario is if you start with the priori that extraterrestrials and or extradimensional beings can't or don't exist. This means you will always search for another possibility and not the truth.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
There are many good cases and I'm glad members are bringing them forward.

First off you have to realize that our Scientist go by what we as a human needs to survive hence they will say you need this and this and that for survival but this is not exactly correct...... there are species that may NOT need the things we need to survive.

There are species here that have been here since the beginning and in all actuality Earth is more so there's then our's as they put it. Since they are capable of travel as they are you can consider them Terrestrial just as you can consider them Extraterrestrial.

From what I was told by them they can not survive on our lands because there is to much Oxygen in our air and many species as I was shown are in the deepest of our waters.

I wrote all this before so I won't go into it again and bore you.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Thank you for finding the case of the four men who were abducted in Maine. That was the case I was trying to think of.

I do not have a problem that Mr Walton failed the first lie detector test, I just have a problem that the researchers hid that information from the public to enhance their case. That raises an ethics problem that does not help the case when it comes to skeptics. If they hid those results, what else are they hiding?

Other than that, the other cases being brought up are quite fascinating.

Ex

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thank you for the thread. Magnificent !

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As I was skimming through this thread I was looking for an abduction case in particular of a gentleman by the name of Credo Mutwa. Its a very vivid abduction case and he seems like a very respectable person in his community. I'd like to hear other people's views on his account so here are some links, both are pretty much the same:

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

It is mostly an account on the greys. I believe he has some other accounts about reptilians but I'm not familiar with those.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Great thread, you certainly have a knack for finding the best cases to present.

I still don't get why people always say "I'm waiting for the skeptics" though. For all we know any of the skeptics mentioned have already discussed these cases hundreds of times. Maybe they don't feel like going over it again or maybe they haven't even spotted the thread yet. Can we stop this belief that a thread is spot on until a skeptic has a go at it?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
You know what I found so stunning from the Jesse Long case was the implant that was removed,then tested.The lab was shocked and said they have no idea what it is and it "leaves more questions than answers".It also came out of his leg,right where he said they put it i the first abduction.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by jkrog08]

Exactly. If nobody can debunk that, then how is it not proof ?

That is proof. 100% physical proof.

Somebody else needs to test that and if they get similar results then it is no question 100% proof.

It's obviously not glass as it would not have taken long for the people at the lab to conclude that.

Can anybody debunk that and provide evidence of the debunk? so far NO.

I would love to see somebody try.

Until that is answered, how are we supposed to not believe it i mean nobody can prove it is false.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Jkrog08,It was Jesse Longs left leg NOT HIS RIGHT LEG IN CASE ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A SIMILAR IMPLANT,I HAVE THE SAME SCOOP MARK IN THE SAME AREA ON THE SAME LEG AS HE DOES AND I WAS ALSO IMPLANTED.

There are pictures and videos of Jesse as a child with his brother that clearly illustrate this fact.

It is important we correctly present these facts,I apologise for the inconvienience of the thread interruption.

Jesses LEFT LEG.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's another good case. The Ilkey Moor incident with Phillip Spencer.

One of the most unique accounts of alien abduction comes to us from the Ilkley Moor in Yorkshire, England. The witness and subject of this case is a former policeman named Philip Spencer. Spencer claims that in the early morning of December 1, 1987, he was taken aboard an unidentified flying craft, and after his release managed to snap a picture of one of the alien beings.

It goes on to say:

The alien picture was first looked at by a wildlife photography expert. The object in the image was not an animal of any known kind. It could not be determined either way if the figure was animate or static. A reconstruction of the original site did establish the alien's height at or near 4 and one half feet. The photograph was next sent to Kodak laboratories in Hemel, Hempstead. An analysis showed that the object was indeed part of the original photo, and not superimposed. This conclusion did not, of course, determine what the creature was.

Next, the picture was sent to the United States for computer enhancement and analysis. Dr. Bruce Maccabee, optical physicist with the United States Navy rendered his expert opinion;

He stated that the slow film speed used for the low light conditions made the film too grainy for proper testing. "I had great hopes that this case would prove definitive. Sadly circumstances prevent it from being so," Maccabee stated.

The witness of a UFO/alien event is as important as the report itself. The case of Ilkley Moor rides high on the character of Spencer. Through the years, Spencer and Hough became good friends, and still see each other from time to time. There has been no change in Spencer's account of what he saw that day.

He has sought no money from the case, and signed over all copyright privileges to Hough in early 1988. Spencer desires no fame from his account.
www.ufocasebook.com...

Another site describes Spencer this way:

But with Spencer being a well respected man, and not given to making up stories, it can be said with certainty that Spencer lost about an hour in the moor, saw an unknown flying object of some type, and took a photograph of some unknown creature on December 1, 1987.
ufos.about.com...

He also made no money or wanted any fame from the incident and he signed everything over to investigators.

You can see the picture he took of the being at either of the links.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Sorry,I didn't realize I mentioned what leg it was.So forgive the mistake

And thanks for pointing that out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join