It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic depression accelerates in US, unemployment to skyrocket and prices to go sharply higher qua

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Economic depression accelerates in US, unemployment to skyrocket and prices to go sharply higher quadrupling the distress index – does Obama have any clue?

www.indiadaily.com

The U.S. economy probably plunged again in the first quarter, reflecting a drop in inventories that may set the stage for a return to growth later this year. Gross domestic product shrank at a 7.4 percent annual pace after contracting at a 6.3 percent rate in the last three months of 2008, according to the market expectations. Figures from the Institute for Supply Management on May 1 may show manufacturing shrank at a much faster pace this month.

Economic depression accelerates in US, unemployment to skyrocket and prices to go sharply higher quadrupling the distress index.

Living under l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yea, there is no doubt that Obama's bailouts have done very little if anything at all. This is an interesting article and I read on democracy now that in the first quarter the US has contracted 6.3 percent. (www.democracynow.org...).. With the potential for a pandemic and the halt of production we could be in for a real disaster. It appears the NWO could not wait any longer..

www.indiadaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah it's pretty da** depressing if you ask me.

Seems like the stocks are taking the news well. Yep, they just went up. *Smells foul play*

So, I think the S will HTF, and the whole Admin, Wall St. will be completely business as usual, as long as Obama acts cool, everythings all cool.

Kinda like watching Rome burn, and just seeing some guy in the Middle of it saying to everyone, "hey it's cool, we got this". Then well you know, they all die.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The bail outs were nothing more than protection money being paid to the now SUPRANATIONAL Bank cartel.

I keep hearing nonsense about getting 'credit flowing', but credit doesn't 'flow', only dollars flow. Credit is debt.

Banks are still cooking the books, before our very eyes and we are allowing it because our politicians are loyal to them, not us.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Yeah it's pretty da** depressing if you ask me.

Seems like the stocks are taking the news well. Yep, they just went up. *Smells foul play*

So, I think the S will HTF, and the whole Admin, Wall St. will be completely business as usual, as long as Obama acts cool, everythings all cool.

Kinda like watching Rome burn, and just seeing some guy in the Middle of it saying to everyone, "hey it's cool, we got this". Then well you know, they all die.

I use to think the foul play thing also but decided to start investing sense it's affordable right now and learned some interesting things.

Stocks will normally go up when what appears to be bad news to most people, is actually what promotes buying and selling on wall street. No news means no movement or possible loss.

When the govt. doesn't give details investors either sell or stop buying due to not knowing what the govt. has planned. I'm guessing because they don't want to take any risks before they get all the info, due to the current status of our economy.

Although I'm perplexed as to why that actually is, it makes it a prime opportunity for us that have never invested before to do so without losing massive amounts of money. Basically I invested my tax return from last year. It was about 900 starting. Nothing else and I figured I would not miss the money.

Worse case scenario the planet has an economical melt down and 900 won't even buy a pack of gum so it doesn't matter if I lose it. Best outcome in my eyes is the stock goes to about 50% of it's original value and I make a huge chunk of change. So for me it's a no lose situation.

Besides it's been dropping for almost a week now or at least my investments have. Like many investors I wait for it to drop like it has been doing all week then towards the end of the week I buy more stocks and normally by the end of the second week my money will have gone anywhere from doubling to quadrupling.

Chances are investors today are grabbing up some of the stocks that have been dropping all week because they will go back up again in after market hours Friday or pre-market hours Monday morning.

Not saying I won't lose it all just saying right now some of these stocks are so low that anyone can buy quite a few shares and make money off of it without too much trouble.

So far this month by best outcome in one day I made an average of about 600 dollars an hour while stocks were trading. If the economy wasn't so up and down drastically I would have quit my real job and dove full time into stocks but right now that would just be stupid.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the President does have a clue. I imagine somewhere in his lengthy University tour he at least was handed a book entitled Economics 101.

There is no way that the bailouts can work and even if he is not intelligent enough to understand that himself, he must have access to advisors that would tell him that.

Keynesian Economics only prolonged and deepened the Great Depression and most reputable economists not selling their credentials for political reasons will honestly tell you that.

Railroad shipping which breaks down the raw tonnage of products being shipped by commodity category over the nation’s railways has shown a drop in everything ranging from 28% to 60%, with 28% being food, and 60% being cars, with most commodities down an average of 40%. What shocked me was that people really are consuming 28% less food because of economic demand…that’s a pretty disturbing way to go on a diet!

Basic common sense says if there are 40% fewer products being shipped to market that the economy is really down 40% and has 40% potential unemployment to look at as that month after month continuation of a shrinking marketplace takes hold on businesses looking to ride out the storm on cash reserves alone instead of drastically cutting costs through drastically cutting employees.

Based on a 70% decline in my business, I am really inclined to say, this is just starting and even at the moment it finally bottoms out which I don’t think it is, it’s going to be years building back up to pre 2007 levels for many businesses.

Now would be a good time to institute grassroots change in the system while people have the free time to lend themselves to that pursuit because of lack of gainful economic opportunity. It might in fact be our best chance to restore the economy.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Wait til taxes go up... which Dems ALWAYS raise taxes. Job cuts will super intensify as small business [leading US employer] will have to cut employees to stay in business. The govt will then get substantially less revenue as the workforce is diminishing. It's sad to watch people blindly support the policies when history has already shown what the outcome will be.

new topics

top topics

join