It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What city might get martial law first?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hello folks, this is sure one confusing situation. I think that even though martial law might be imposed nationwide, it will first be implemented on a city by city basis. So, who gets it first?

Any guesses? I say Houston, TX.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is where I'm a little confused I've read the guidelines for pandemic preparedness plans for my state. My question is if we go to level 6, which is said to be the point where states will implement their preparedness plan, will it be on a state by state basis or will the government demand compliance across the board?

Testing is being done on a few suspected cases in my state so far no confirmed cases. I just don't understand why we don't have it here unless we have had it for sometime and just don't know it.

The town nearest to us is probably 85% Hispanic. We have many seasonal ranch workers who travel back and forth to Mexico on a regular basis. I'm in southern Colorado about 50 miles from the New Mexico border. Throughout the year we have guys that come through hauling used cars, truckloads of washing machines, bicycles you name to Mexico. We call them the "Mexican Caravan" they travel in large groups all loaded down heading south to Mexico. They stop in our town often staying the night. We have a real Mexico connection here yet no reports of this new strain.

My husband has a theory but I don't want to go there yet. We are a highly militarized state maybe measures have been taken without our knowledge to somewhat protect Colorado. Idk but this is what my husband suspects. I'm watching our state closely.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm guessing none.

Bet I'm right, too.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't know...hopefully Ohio though, that place sucks

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I really don't see it coming to that either but we can't ignore what the CDC is trying to put in place whether it's warranted or not is irregardless. If we go to level 6 it entails quarantines, travel/school/work restrictions etc. Sounds like we won't have much choice.

The fact that the pandemic level was elevated so quickly makes me think they will go on to level 6 and I don't see how we can skirt around what that level encompasses.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

This is very confusing. I don't think that there are enough personnel to establish martial law nationwide. That's why I fell that it will be done city by city or region by region.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
I'm guessing none.

Bet I'm right, too.

I hope you're right. Wait! I know how to kill it. I'm about 0-11 on these prop bets. All I have to do is call my bookie and get a line and bet on it. If I bet on martial law, then it's deader than a hammer.

I'll do it for the sake of humanity.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Long before any sort of martial law were to be imposed, I'd guess many other levels of restrictions would be put in place first. And before we even get to that point, I think this current flu would need to hit a lot harder than it does. Hitting a lot of people isn't uncommon for any flu. They are just tracking this one closely. The mild symptoms pretty much everyone (outside of Mexico) is getting is hardly going to impose harsh restrictions, let along martial law of any type.

Martial law would be the last step in a long process they haven't even begun yet. Right now, I'm thinking this is along the same line as SARS, etc. It's a lot of media hype, and that's about it so far.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

You're right about the lack of personnel but this is when elevating the fear factor would have to come into play. People out of fear will self-police. We saw this when we lived in Gary, IN crime got so bad drive-by shootings were a nightly thing. We all locked ourselves away in our homes, we couldn't go for walks and God help you if you broke down in the wrong place. The streets at night looked like a ghost town. No one had to tell us to stay off the streets at night it was a given.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Okay I'll play along...
My guess is they first enact martial law in the big border crossing towns.
Nogales... Yuma...Laredo...Mc Allen...Brownsville El Paso... San Diego... Probably all at the same time

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
For symbolic purposes, the first martial law crackdown will be on a city in Texas. It would probably be Austin, Texas, which is the capitol city of the Texans.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm betting that none do. However, if "they" were going to pick 1 one city to declare martial law in first, then to me the smart choice would be New York. I figure that if the rest of the nation sees it's largest city go down, then the will be more accepting of it happening anywhere else. Also, New Yorkers are more densely populated than other cities, so the swine flu would have a greater probability to spread fastest there.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My guess (for some reason) is one of the commonwealth states: (Commonwealth "of the people")
Massachusetts, Virginina, Pennsylvanina, & what's the other, KY or TN????
New York sticks out 4 me too.

I'd say Boston tho. After seing on black & white the martial law legislation that passed recently, kinda gave me the creeps.

I already started contacting everyone I know there in making them aware of WTF is going on.....and to start ringing the necks of these pig-politicians.
I'm curious also which other states passed it....I'll have to check up on that..

But yeah, I'm also thinking it will go according to the "Federal Regions."

www.fema.gov...

I think it was, imo, designed to where the biggest threats pose, in that order. Northeast being first.

Growing up in Boston, I'll be the 1st to tell you we're a city of scrappers.!
Yes indeed. Fighting is part of growing up there....like 2nd nature.
A tough city. Philly's like a mirror image of Boston, I swear...
Go to Boston... say fri sat night on Lansdowne, chances are the streets are littered with fights. Always.
Alot of scrappers. Alot of Patriots, AKA terrorists.

Boston is one city that won't go down without a fight. I picture it being one of the harder citires to maintain order and discipline, even tho it's only roughly 600,000 people and I think 48 sq. miles.
Again, they wanna squash the biggest threat first, imo.
Northeast is probably the biggest obstacle.

My second guess? Philadelphia or NYC, however it's hard to imagine Martial Law in the city of new York. I lived in Manhattan for 6 years, recently, and I just don't see how they can quarantine 7-8 million people on this little island. Kinda like trying to restrain a pit-bull that's tied to a string leash....I don't know......
I would imagine sedating of some sort is necessary.
Maybe some lovely chemtrails......yummy.

CheerS.!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'll guess New York.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If you want to narrow it down, you just have to think for a bit.

It will be a city that has a big population of poor people. Poor people will tend to not go to the emergency room or hospital until it is a drastic situation.

It may or may not be a city that already has cases of swine flu reported. If they haven't been reported you could have a bigger problem than anyone realizes until it's somewhat overwhelming.

Once you have a city that has an out of control problem, you could have martial law declared.

I don't think that it will happen in the spring. I think you'll see this type of situation in the fall or winter.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Will you PLEASE read the WHO's threat level and stop with assuming level 6 is martial law...

WHO is a health organization. It's up to our gov't to determine WHAT if anything to do at the so called [color=gold]level 6.

Level 6 is nothing more than WORLD infection... (and even that definition is stretching it.)

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

READ IT and understand they have NOTHING to do with martial law.

..jeepers

Deny Ignorance!!! Ignorance is NOT UNDERSTANDING!

See how WHO defines it's alart levels.

[edit on 4·30·09 by DrMattMaddix] Colors aren't working right

[edit on 4·30·09 by DrMattMaddix]

link   
Washington Dc to protect the politicians and Wall street to protect the fat cats.

The rest are on their own.

link   
New Hampshire: "Live Free or Die"
I bet doesn't sit well in the agenda....plus tons of gun owners, plenty of "armed" militias.
ANd Maine....geeeeZ. It's why we call em' MaineIacs.
These two states, in addition, sub-culturally militant, and anti-federal gvt.
No doubt.

I say Federal Region # 1, for the double jeopardy. Thanx Alex.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It isnt so much the W.H.O. definitions but OUR federal governments responses to the W.H.O. levels.

Phase 6 for WHO is our stages 3-5.

www.pandemicflu.gov...

Oh and I vote Fed Region II or III.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Henygirl]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Will you PLEASE read the WHO's threat level and stop with assuming level 6 is martial law...

WHO is a health organization. It's up to our gov't to determine WHAT if anything to do at the so called [color=gold]level 6.

Level 6 is nothing more than WORLD infection... (and even that definition is stretching it.)

Phase 6, the pandemic phase, is characterized by community level outbreaks in at least one other country in a different WHO region in addition to the criteria defined in Phase 5. Designation of this phase will indicate that a global pandemic is under way.

READ IT and understand they have NOTHING to do with martial law.

..jeepers

Deny Ignorance!!! Ignorance is NOT UNDERSTANDING!

See how WHO defines it's alart levels.

[edit on 4·30·09 by DrMattMaddix] Colors aren't working right

[edit on 4·30·09 by DrMattMaddix]

I am not a doctor or health care worker, just a citizen. Do have one questionable? talent worth noting.

Telepathic. And boy is this a hard "read". Last night I dreamt that someone was calling me on the phone and the phone kept getting disconnected.

No clear signals, seems nobody knows what exactly is happening or what will happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join