It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Constitional rights and human rights being lost; why don't people care??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I understand how someone could smoke cigarettes and not worry about cancer, because the risk is not certain and the damage is not visible. If they hung around an oncology unit at a hospital or talked to people with emphysema all day they may think differently. Is it the same with human rights?

Recently with the (concocted) swine flu pandemic a bill was passed, Massachusetts Senate bill 2028, that limits people's human and Constitional rights in an extreme manner!!

* The Mass. gov't can enter and investigate your house or business WITHOUT A WARRANT!

* They can administer a serum to you WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT!

* And you can be arrested for not complying.

These are VERY serious breaches to our rights! yet, most everyone I know really couldn't care less. I use tact when communicating with people and hold A LOT back simply because I know most people prefer to live in their own safe little world. But this is different.

Why is this? Why do people not care?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This may well fall under the tenth amendment. Sounds to me as if it might.
However, if someone breaks down my door with out a warrant, the TSHTF, because I will not tolerate a law which is passed in haste, and is not presented to to the people for consideration.
I don't have much, at this point, just a 9mm and a 12 guage single shot. But with my wife reloading, we wil take several of them out, before they get to us.
If someone comes to your door telling you to take a vaccine for this type of flu, tell them to go to H***. There is not a vaccine availabe for this flu, and there probably won't be.
There are 2 drugs on the market that will lessen the severity of the symptoms. One is Tamiflu, and it has been used safely for a couple of years, but we haven't had a real flu outbreak since it was introduced. There is is another drug, whose name escapes me now, that I can't say anything about.
I work in healthcare(as an RN) and I have to tell you, I'm not to concerned about this flu outbreak. The story is just to good for the media to ignore. Which means everyone, especially the government has blown the whole story out of proportion.
I recommend a little common sense, a very calm attitude, and concentrating on reclaiming the rights we have as Americans.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
ok... but this was posted in the Psychology area, and the question was "why don't people care?"

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The people that don't care, don't care because they've been asking for it with their total ignorance of what's been going on around them. To realize things are so bad and getting worse is to realize their own shortcomings in a lot of ways. All this is surely going to wake them up.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Most of my relatives won't wake up until the guy with the gun has a sirynge in their arm...

I think it's sort of like how people who smoke don't want to hear about cancer. If it's not happeneing to me RIGHT NOW then I don't wanna know about it.

Although I like the above answer too =)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Human rights are intrinsic to the human being - they cannot be lost to the extent that they cannot be granted in the first place.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Three words: boiling a frog.

We've been accustomed to having our rights degraded slowly, so most people don't think much of the next straw. But which one will break the camel's back, and will it be too late? I hope not.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I love American Idol, and Americas Next Top Model, and Cheeze Whizz(actually so does Satan apparently..)

Oh wait rights of the people, what are those> isn't it the right to have a credit card, and morgage for a house that i couldn't pay in 4 lifetimes, and a Brand New Pre Owned Hummer that I just bought and goto pay for for the next 60 months.. If those rights you are talking about then I am ok..

If your talking about that damn piece of paper then use it to wipe your azz cause we dont need it, our government will take care of us because Obama is in office now, everyone will be on welfare and so on and so forth.

(last statement wasnt to sound racist, it was just what most people actually thing.)

((Also views in this post here dont exactly represent myself in any way shape of form exept for maybe that cheeze whiz comment..))

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think it's because it's easier not to care and most people have become lazy. IF they don't care about it they can relax and watch telly for the night... but if they care about losing their rights they might have to go out and do something about it, and that would take effort. Most people these days only put effort into things they are forced to put effort into.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They do not care because they never truly appreciated what they had.

You don't know peace until you've had suffering.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
People don't care because we have under gone many years of programing so that we don't care .

This by no means happened over night , it happened slowly over time as some of the earlier posters have pointed out .

In fact it has gotten so out of hand then when you now point out an instant of a constitutional infringement you will often find yourself being attacked as a hate monger or a whack job . Not only have we been programed not to care , we have been programed to do the job of herding the sheep independently of " big brother "

Thanks for starting this post as it is one of the most important things affecting us , IMHO

new topics

top topics

join