It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Sets Guidelines For Possible Swine Flu Quarantines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

DHS Assistant Secretary Bridger McGaw circulated the swine flu memo, which was obtained by CBSNews.com, on Monday night. It says: "The Department of Justice has established legal federal authorities pertaining to the implementation of a quarantine and enforcement. Under approval from HHS, the Surgeon General has the authority to issue quarantines..."

Federal quarantine authority is limited to diseases listed in presidential executive orders; President Bush added "novel" forms of influenza with the potential to create pandemics in Executive Order 13375. Anyone violating a quarantine order can be punished by a $250,000 fine and a one-year prison term.

link

Are we on the brink of forced quarantines? who would enforce the quaranties? Military, the police?

[edit on 30/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wonderful... now they have options to detain anyone they want illegally. They can call you a terrorist or they can say you have the flu.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So what will happen when the WHO pandemic level reaches it's peak? Most of the people in my town are walking around like nothing is even happening.

If this is to be the big one then I fear it has already spread and that all of the quarantines in the world cant prevent what is already in motion.

[edit on 4/30/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The only thing big about this so far is the hammer being cocked to blow away more of our civil liberties. I am not saying it is not real and I am certainly no microbiologist, however math is part of my background and so far from a statistical and numbers point of view this is an incredibly insignificant event compared to any number of diseases and the death rate associated with it.

Even if this does turn into a pandemic, I fear more for the loss of my freedom than I do of catching a bad flu.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This is a shameless bump for this thread. People need to be aware of the true agenda behind this...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

agreed Avatar... whether or not this thing actually spreads and millions get sick, the PTB can use this, with the help of media hype and disinfo, to enslave us further..

the panic alone could cause the final axe blow to the economy..

then martial law.. I'll be terribly pissed too, since I live far away from my family, and I'll want to get back to them..

I better start checking the back roads on the map..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well Mexico is shutting down some parts of its economy now for 5 days news.bbc.co.uk... maybe violence will get even worse if somehow the mexican economy took a nose dive.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi guys... um this might be simpleminded of me but what are the levels of the pandemic?
I mean what does 5 represent? what 1,2,3,4 represent...??
and what are the signs of the flu?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
So what will happen when the WHO pandemic level reaches it's peak? Most of the people in my town are walking around like nothing is even happening.

And those are the people that you're going to have to be concerned about for your personal safety. Real or not, that you have an idea of what is going on to some extent and what the ramifications are make you much safer than they will be.

All my preparations at this point are for panic people that will pose a threat to myself and my close friends/family.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If this thing gets as bad as some alarmist predictions forecast then the idea that a quarantine will stop it is silly.

And example from the city I am currently in:

Reported on a local radio broadcast on FM 102.7 here in Salt Lake City, and they reported that because of several confirmed cases of swine flu in children in Park City they decided to close all Park City schools yesterday... Guess what the over 4,000 kids did?

Most of them went to the theater to watch movies, Park City theaters reported all time record ticket sales yesterday and it was mostly kids, also many of them went to local fast food restaurants and shopping malls.

So they are going to keep the schools in Park City closed again today, and guess where the kids will be?

A little too late for a quarantine now?

It is nearly everywhere, and if it isn't where you are it will be soon enough... The question is... Is it really any worse than any other flu?

Still hunting a web source for the above, they are still raising hell on the radio over the Park City schools issue, interesting phone calls from either angry or paranoid people.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is the only related article on the above:

www.sltrib.com...

It's a holiday... Lets go have fun!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
hi guys newbie alert,
I too feel this is all a bit wrong and seems to fit in with all of the plans of the so called elite. Just seems a bit odd and convinient that our army in Britain is due to return home within the next few weeks, wonder if this is part of the plan. Enforced quarantine, enforced vaccinations and or martial law.
Who knows, but one things for sure i will NOT be taking any government sanctioned medication of any kind and i feel sorry for the person who tries to force me.
Peace be with you all

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

Indeed it is quite a coincidence that we now have 20k troops stationed in the US in an active role in case of an 'emergency.'

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Ah another Utah resident!

I agree pretty much with you and especially think that it is hard to tell what to believe as the media is rather tweaked. I live in Central UT and Walmart is completely sold out of masks. Traffic is busier than normal and 1 person got sent home from work today. Another at the gas station here actually said they were sick and were waiting test results for their illness.
I don't know if she has the swine flu but she is sure sick.

If you had the swine flu or were sick would you just stop going to work? The bills would not pay them self and the food would not bring its self into the house. People will not stop working and living until it is so bad and when that happens who knows how far some can turn back.

I was also speculating, if it is as bad as everyone says or is under reported then the food handlers could have it and spread it from there. I will continue to live and be prepared but sadly with all the possible ramifications if this gets as bad as it could, schools, businesses and many other places could shut down and, well, help the demise of the economy.

I'm not trying to blow this larger than it is, just speculating for the worst. Isn't that what they say? Prepare for the worst, hope for the best? Time will tell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Are any of you really surprised? Most of us have been talking about this scenario for a long period of time with out knowing exactly how it was going to come to pass. Well now we can see it. It would not surprise me if FEMA gets involved very soon. Yeah i know i said it... FEMA.

This whole swine flu business is so over hyped it makes me sick. The regualr old seasonal flu kills more people statistically, and so far the vast majority of Americans don't seem to be affected by this swine flu. LESS THAN 1% DOES NOT MAKE IT A "PANDEMIC".

I do believe, however, that the government will use this as a tool to push their freedom hacking agenda on us. those of us who refuse any sort of vaccination or aything related to this fake outbreak will be considered outlaws.... 1 year prison sentances???? Give me a friggin break. It's my choice what i put in my body, not the governments. They're not gonna get any vaccination needles near me.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3krostatic
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Ah another Utah resident!

...I will continue to live and be prepared but sadly with all the possible ramifications if this gets as bad as it could, schools, businesses and many other places could shut down and, well, help the demise of the economy.

And there is where many callers are speculating that the media is now attempting to downplay the threat to save the economy from any further damage.

If there is an ordered quarantine ANYWHERE in the USA it will likely lead to a total panic, the timing couldn't possibly be worse.

Most people are thinking like the vice president, yet are being told not to worry, wash your hands and go out about your normal routines.

While many are speculating on some elaborate plan to enslave the masses through a quarantine, the opposite could be true.... They are likely more afraid of having to quarantine people "officially" than we are of them actually doing it.

Personally, I fear a panic more than this virus.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Hey, if this thing turns deadly, I agree that there should be some quarantine steps taken.

Look, I am the first to be against the government using things just like this to take control of people, but, in the event that there is a particular urban outbreak, I think that some quarantine detention policies are essential.

Look, I am not talking about widespread quarantine, as that would just cause panic, but, in the event of a localized deadly mutation, I would actually be in favor of cutting that area off from the rest of the nation.

This is not illegal, by the way. It would be upheld by every member of government as a necessary precaution to prevent a really virulent outbreak of a deadly pathogen.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Iago18

about 150 cases through 19 states. Thats the numbers the last time i checked. Why the hell does the government need any sort of quarantine system in place? I call BRAVO SIERRA. I'm not afraid of this flu virus, i'm concerned about the steps the government is taking though... It all seems to soon for these types of discussions by homeland and the WHO. Mandatory vaccination??? penalties for not falling right in line? Slightly bothersome wouldn't you agree?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

It's a pandemic because of the regions affected and the mode that the virus can be shared from human to human.

Not because of the number of people affected.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I absolutely agree. My post was in relation to a future event where we see a deadly spike in a particular area due to a mutation.

At this point, talk of a quarantine is preposterous. Likewise, some may see the government as fearmongering to take more control.

So, yes, I do agree with you, for the most part. Though, I think that caution is warranted to see how this unfolds. Maybe the government does have our best interest at heart? Well... probably not, but, if everyone is dead, there's no one left to govern.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join