It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Issues 'Shoot Down Orders' For Flying Saucers (UFOs)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Many "UFO abecedarians" who are unaware of the Air Force's early "overt" involvement with then "Flying Saucers" (UFOs) may might find it interesting to know that the seriousness of the matter precipitated "shoot down" orders on a national level:

The AIr Force disclosed today tat jet pilots are under orders to maintain a nationwide 24-hour "alert" against "Flying Saucers" and to shoot them down if possible.

These events took place in 1952, and for those who are interested in the"history of Ufology" I believe you'll find these reports very compelling; for those who prefer "only" current events, you may wish to skip over this thread.

I look forward to any salient, pithy and constructive input.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Thanks Frank,

Its very interesting they want to shoot down all saucers, surely not all of them are hostile, or why would we actually have to shoot them down.

S&F.

Thanks,
Jacob

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
"abecedarians"

hehe good word

Originally posted by JacobNH
Its very interesting they want to shoot down all saucers, surely not all of them are hostile, or why would we actually have to shoot them down.

I doubt many are hostile at all. I think they wanted to shoot them down to find out wtf they were and to recover technology.

I'd be surprised though, if there is still a standing order to shoot them down, like what we saw in the 1950s/1960s. I think a lot of humans have been killed trying such foolishness. Nowadays, I believe at least NATO militaries, only keep an eye on them and try to follow or capture video.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I think it's more likely because of the Nazis that were trying to develop radical new air-crafts during the times. The Nazis invested a lot of time and resources into producing saucer shaped craft among many other radical designs a few of which are actually used in some modern planes today.

Nazi UFOs and Wonder Weapons

Hitlers' Flying Saucers

If not because of what they knew about what the Germans were doing. Then at the very least because just during that time period in general national defense and military action was what everything was about.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by zarlaan]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Great start an interstellar war. That's a smart move capn.......

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarlaan

I think it's more likely because of the Nazis that were trying to develop radical new air-crafts during the times. The Nazis invested a lot of time and resources into producing saucer shaped craft among many other radical designs a few of which are actually used in some modern planes today.

Nazi UFOs and Wonder Weapons

Hitlers' Flying Saucers

If not because of what they knew about what the Germans were doing. Then at the very least because just during that time period in general national defense and military action was what everything was about.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by zarlaan]

Ill just direct you a part of the original post that I feel you may have missed.

These events took place in 1952,

Nazis? Hmm

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Point is the Nazis were testing this type of design, but most of the information regarding it wasn't discovered until the late 1940's early 50's. Upon discovering the information it would only make sense to give standing orders to shoot down any type of craft like this. Only a theory and more probable then visitors from another planet imho.

The German government would of still carried out experiments of these designs even after the Nazis were gone. Not like they're just going to suddenly forget about it.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by zarlaan]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Good Day All,

Jacob, Schaden,

Thanks Frank,

S&F.

Thanks,
Jacob

The "shoot down order" was a last option if deemed necessary; UFOs were to be "forced to land."

Additionally, if we stay in the verbatim in regards to the definition of UFO, i.e., "Unidentified Flying Object," particularly in a post 911 world, then one would have to assume if a pilot perceived a threat that he could use deadly force, or in the very least get authorization for said use posthaste.

zarlaan

This was 1952--Nazis didn't/don't apply!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Hey Frank,

What comes to mind when speaking of "Shootdown Orders":

Milton Torres 1957 UFO Encounter

US airman Milton Torres told to shoot down UFO when based at RAF Manston

He only spoke-out recently about his encounter in 1957, after his case file was declassified by the UK government as part of their gradual release of UFO documents.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have heard of this. Many proponents of the flat woods monster incident believe that the creatures craft was shot down by USAF pilots.

With Roswell in 1947, and the government giving orders to shoot them down shortly after, It makes you wonder what they found out about the beings that made them go on high alert.

top topics

join