It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maniacal ravings of a madman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Part 1 of 2

I have been lurking here for a very long time and this is my first major post here and I am probably not going to make any friends with it. That’s okay because I’m not here to make friends, only to find the truth. Not someone’s interpretation or opinion, but the truth backed up by cold hard facts. I don’t take leaps of faith; I live in a binary world, black and white, ones and zeroes and I make no apologies for it.

First off, there are a lot of very paranoid people here. With the current ‘pandemic’ I’m quite surprised there is anyone left in the Survival forum. Not everything is a conspiracy folks and not every blurry picture, taken at night time, with a substandard cell phone camera is an extraterrestrial object. UFO, yes, extraterrestrial maybe. Don’t get me wrong I strongly believe we are being visited by beings from other planets. I have absolutely no proof nor have I even witnessed anything I was not able to explain. It’s just a gut feeling. All those galaxies with all those planets and we’re the only ones? I don’t think so. However, everyone here is free to believe what they want to and I respect you for that. That’s part of the problem with the world today, we can’t agree to disagree. I don’t have to agree with you, but I do respect your opinion/belief. But remember, it’s yours, not mine.

I also firmly believe the government is keeping things from us. Some of it is obviously for national security reasons and the some of it is just because. Again, I have no proof or inside information to back my beliefs up. If we do, and that’s a big if, have our hands on alien technology I imagine there are only a handful of people alive at the moment who know the whole story. Most of the information is probably compartmentalized. Hence the term Secret Compartmentalized Information or SCI as is referred to by the military.

Here is a direct quote regarding the secret recipe used in KFC’s chicken: “Only a handful of people know that multi-million dollar recipe, and each is obligated to strict confidentiality by contract.” There are people who claim to know, but in reality they did not. KFC also states “the recipe is protected by some pretty elaborate security precautions.” If a fast food conglomeration can do it then why can’t the government, or more likely, the military, do it? Now this may seem like a ridiculous analogy but I think it’s quite appropriate. The only real difference is we know for a fact KFC exists, we cannot say that about alien technology.

Is the government involved in all the conspiracies mentioned here? Is NASA doctoring photographs to hide proof of civilizations on other planets? Is our government in direct contact with alien civilizations? These are question I do not have the answer to and I suspect very few do. I want to know and I feel, we, the people, have the right to know.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ratcals]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Part 2 of 2

Dr. Steven Greer started off on the right foot with the press conference with all the government employees “testifying to their direct, personal, firsthand experience with UFOs, ETs, ET technology”. The problem I see with the Disclosure Project this press conference was held almost nine years ago and there has been very little, if any, progress since. We’re not really any better off now than we were then.

So where am I going with all this maniacal raving? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of threads here each with their own post with bantering, ridiculing, debunking and blah, blah, blah. However, how much of it is actually useful? What, if anything, here has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt to be true?

I’d like to know where the rational discussions take place. Not one where the OP accuses anyone who disagrees with them as being a government agent intent on debunking. I view everything with a very open but skeptical mind. Being open minded and skeptical are not mutually exclusive. I like to refer to it as ‘trust but verify’. Posts starting out as ‘I used to work for company X and I was involved in project Y. I cannot prove any of this and I don’t care if you believe me but it’s all true’ are pointless and quite easy to refute, for me anyway. No proof, no truth.
So go ahead and attack as you wish. But remember, like I said earlier, these are my opinions and you don’t have to agree with them, only respect them.

Hopefully I have posted this in the right forum and my grammar and spelling is up to the standards expected here. Seriously though, there’s no excuse for not being able to at least spell properly. Get a dictionary. Or do like I do, compose your post in Word then cut and paste.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by ratcals]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, I have to admit I am rather surprised that nobody had any comments here. Not even so much as a welcome aboard. That’s okay though, I’ll use this as a record of my personal thoughts and views. I wanted to call it Diary of a Madman but that was already taken.

So what’s on my mind today? YouTube, that’s what. YouTube has provided me with countless hours of entertainment. It has even provided me with some very informative and educational information. I particularly like the one on how to make a toothbrush robot using and old toothbrush head and the vibrating motor from a cell phone. I made a couple of those and had a lot of fun with them. I urge you to look it up and try it yourself.

YouTube is also filled with some incredibly stupid things people have done. Don’t get me wrong, they are very entertaining too. If you want to do something really stupid just to make me laugh then by all means go ahead. In fact give me a call and I’ll come over and record you doing it.

What YouTube isn’t is a source for credible UFO evidence. Well, only in as much as the literal definition of UFO. Yes, a large amount of the videos there contain unidentified objects but that does not imply they are extra terrestrial. There are countless submissions of grainy, out of focus objects that could be just about anything.

Why would anyone who genuinely felt they had credible video evidence of ET UFOs post it on a site such as YouTube? I can tell you personally if I had something I suspected was genuine I would contact the local media. Not YouTube or some fringe site such as ATS.

Yes, I am 100% confident all alleged UFO videos posted on YouTube are either faked or easily explained in a less than spectacular manner. Yet there are hundreds of threads here debating an equal amount of stuff from YouTube. Of all the discussions here has there been any one single video not rationally explained? I wasn’t able to find one. By discussing these submissions all you are doing is feeding the hoax monsters.

I do believe in ET, but I need solid evidence. Videos of flashing lights or anomalous glowing objects all just slightly beyond our visual comprehension do not count as solid evidence.

This concludes today’s maniacal raving.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

This may belong in the rant forum. I agree with a lot of what you state. There is a lot of sites and threads here that make many different claims. Very little evidence if any is offered to verify the claims.

Many are in it for the money, and here is one of the best commentaries on the money making side of UFO conventions by UFO Watchdog:

www.ufowatchdog.com...

There are a few really good researchers out there, and I keep their books as references.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

You are absolutely correct. I was unaware of the rant forum because I have never gone to BTS. I guess I will register and start posting there.

Thanks

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Can one of the moderators please move this to the rant forum?

thanks

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I will happily applaud you. I swear that every single thing that happens in this world is a conspiracy. Well said but I wouldn't take any suprise in the fact that nobody answered you or welcome dyou aboard. Whether they are right or wrong, when you charge their beliefs they are going to be upset.

Well said either way

People do truly need to relax and remember something...

Just because you call it proof does not mean it is.

-Kyo

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

Never get your reference material from YouTube or other video source. The site is a haven of hoaxes. If anyone really had a good video, they would take it to a news media outlet.

The disclosure sites are another way to ask you for your money. They also ask you to sign a nondisclosure form so you cannot discuss what they show you. That does not make sense to me, as they are supposed to be about releasing information and not suppressing it. They are all about the Benjamins.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How many times have you read in these forums about some new outrageous thing the government is currently doing to squelch our personal freedom? Someone posts something here and everyone is OMGing and they can’t do this. Or something like government has grown too big and something needs to be done about it. Maybe the sky IS falling and we are headed to hell in a hand basket. Our civil liberties are being plucked away one by one and we are on the eve of the government declaring martial law, maybe.

So just exactly what are you going to do about it? Are you going to sit here and expend all your energy posting back and forth about how wrong it is and something needs to done? OR are you prepared to take action. By no means am I advocating the overthrow of the government, there are other ways.

I wonder how many of you here have ever written to your state representative? How many of you even know how? With the advent of the internet it couldn’t be easier. Here is a link leading to a map of the U.S. Clicking on each state will bring up a page with the names of your state representatives. You just click on who you want to write to and an email form pops up.

Write to your representative

Couldn’t be easier, do it, do it now.

The Tea Party demonstrations were also good start. Even if it was treated by the MSM as an opportunity to reveal their childishness and giggle every time they said teabag. The longer we wait between demonstrations the less effective they become. You then run the risk of falling off the radar screen. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. So let’s start squeaking.

Have the words “that government of the people, by the people, for the people” just become empty words used to emphasize sarcasm? Or are they something we believe in? If the latter is true then I urge you to get out and do something about it. It’s not too late, don’t ever believe that. Once you do, you have lost and you can NEVER get it back.

This concludes today’s maniacal raving.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

The Tea Parties were also used by FOX News to promote itself, and the Republican Party. I also agree that the newscasters who made it a joke with tea bagging references got old awfully fast. (I did like it when the term was first used on Rachel Maddow's show. She made a statement that came out with a different meaning than intended, and the background crew started to laugh. She then stated the 12 year old in her would start to laugh if they did not stop. At least she admitted it was childish.) I would also tell the Republican Party to use urbandictionary.com before finding another term.

Speaking of news sources, when did Weekly World News and Pravda become trusted sources? There have been a number of threads where the ultimate source are those types of rags. I remember arguing with someone in high school that the stories were made up. The person claimed you could not print false stories, but I countered that only mattered in cases of libel and slander.

I will also agree the way to change is to start going to local meetings of school, municipal and other boards. Also, go to the meetings of the state and federal Representatives and Senators. They do have meetings every so often (or are supposed to). If they do not, vote them out of office.

new topics

top topics

join