It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Saving Supplies To Combat the Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have this motto I try to live by, "Prepare for the worst, Expect the best."

Being an R.N., I have spent time thinking about what I can personally do to help people prepare for this imminent Swine Flu epidemic. I have compiled a list of common sense things we should have on hand in the event we are hit hard by this Super Bug.

1. Disposable gloves. Packages of about 10 pair are available at any drug store or super market.
2. Soap either antibacterial or just regular soap.
3. Plenty of straws.( I'll explain in a bit ).
4. At least 5 boxes of acetaminophen. 5 boxes of Ibuprofen. (Any brand will do).
5. sterilized small knives
6. Any bandages 4x4's would be best.
7. Several boxes of Antihistamines. Zyrtec, Benadryl, Claritin, Etc. (Over the counter or prescription.)
8.Any prescription you have for bronchial dilators. Asthmatic's, you will know what I mean. Try and fill at least 3 months worth.
9. Any prescription you have for Antibiotics. Old or new! In an emergency it won't matter.
10. Over the counter Cough Medicines, (Your choice) At least 3 bottles, *Remember to have medications dosed for children! Pediatric dosing is always done by weight. Age does not matter.
11. Antacids
12. Antidiarrheals(over the counter)
13. Cough Drops
14. Masks * Are Not Going To Help Much, because viral particles are so small they will get through.* However, they will reduce the AMOUNT of particles that you are exposed to. ( the one's at Home Depot or Lowe's are as good as any hospital mask's) * YOU WILL NEED TO SECURE THEM TO YOUR FACE WITH TAPE IN ORDER FOR THEM TO BE SOMEWHAT EFFECTIVE. * Very Hard To Breathe with them on.
15. Tape ( paper tape would be best, if you can get it.
16. Rubbing Alcohol

* Any Prescription you take on a regular basis. Fill at least 3 months worth.

Here are some natural remedies that will boost your immune system and help prevent infections.

* At least 1 bottle of Colloidal Silver( Try and find 10ppm, it will say on the package)
You will find this at any health food Store.
Silver is a natural Immune booster. *START TAKING TODAY* You only need 5-7 droppers a day. = 1 teaspoon. It is formulated for Children and Infants.

* Garlic Powder, Minced or Fresh will work. Garlic is an Antibiotic. * Many people die after getting the flu due to secondary bacterial Infections.* Ear Infections are a biggie. Ear Pain is horrible!! It can be relieved by placing 1 cap full of Olive oil in your Ear followed by a Cotton Ball. It Works!! I don't know why, but it does! I have personal experience with Ear infections.

* Cinnamon will help with stomach Ailments as well as diabetic problems and will also help lower your blood pressure, naturally. No more than 1 Teaspoon dissolved in Hot Tea or Hot Water( If things get really bad).

* Turmeric Has great healing properties. Boost your immune system. Did you know India has the smallest incidence of cancer, because they eat so much Turmeric.

Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures.

In the event that you are facing a LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCY and your loved one can't Breathe AND ALL HOSPITALS ARE FULL, YOU CAN DO SOMETHING AS A LAST RESORT................* THAT IS IF, THEY WILL DIE IF NOTHING IS DONE!*

Perform an emergency tracheotomy:

You will be creating a very small hole in the patients airway through an incision in their throat to assist their breathing.

How to Perform an Emergency Tracheotomy This procedure, technically called a cricothyroidotomy, should be undertaken only when a person with a throat obstruction is not able to breathe at all-no gasping sounds, no coughing-and only after you have attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver three times without dislodging the obstruction. If possible, someone should call for paramedics while you proceed.
/

This is an excellent article with diagrams on exactly how to perform this procedure.
Bookmark this link! You may need It.[www.tracheostomy.com...]

ATS Has some of the best and brightest minds bar none, let's get busy and start THINKING.

Feel Free To Add whatever you think will help!! My list is just to get you started.

Thank you for your thoughts,
Pax

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Wanted to post this earlier, but the post was already so long. Hopefully this will clear up why this virus is so very dangerous.

Influenza B viruses are only known to infect humans and seals,[1] giving them influenza. This limited host range is apparently responsible for the lack of Influenza virus B caused influenza pandemics in contrast with those caused by the morphologically similar Influenza virus A as both mutate by both genetic drift and re assortment.[2][3][4]

To sum up, Influenza B is found only in humans, with the rare exception of being found in seals. Influenza A is found in humans but also in animals. Before this new genotype of Swine flu, it was very difficult for a flu found primarily in animals such as Bird flu to make the jump to infecting humans. i.e. you almost always have to consume an infected animal to get Bird flu. In order for a genetic drift to take place their must be several mutations. This is a complicated process and yet extremely important. Humans have zero immunity to any type of animal gene. The only immunity we have is to Influenza type B.

Most of the flu vaccines we have on hand have been manufactured to protect against Influenza B. This is due to the fact that Influenza type B., mutates at a rate of 2-3x slower than that of Influenza A, allowing time to find the an effective vaccine. We don't have a vaccine to protect against Influenza type A. With a virus that changes so quickly it will be difficult to find one.
So now we have a virus that spreads easily, mutates rapidly and we have no immunity towards. Someone has come up with the 'perfect lethal virus'.

I would like to add, when I speak of vaccine, I am not referring to the well known antivirals such as Tamiflu or Relenza, I am speaking of the 'old fashion flu shot'.

Just heard the WHO is ready to move to Phase 6. FULL BLOWN PANDEMIC

Don't want to be an alarmist, just a realist. Tamiflu OR Relenza WILL NOT
offer help UNLESS RECEIVED IN THE FIRST 24 HOURS *BEFORE* YOUR SYMPTOMS ARE FULL BLOWN, and even then the outlook is not so bright.

*PREVENTION IS KEY*

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You have clearly givin this some thought,nice work thanks for the tips, if this gets much worse I will be taking some of this to heart.
Thanks again let's hope it fizzles out for now and they come up with a vaccine before the fall.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Very Hard To Breathe with them on.

Even harder to spit out your chew.

Thanks for the advice. I also believe in prepare for the worst and your list of tips come in handy.

Printing as I type.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
From the OP

* Turmeric Has great healing properties. Boost your immune system. Did you know India has the smallest incidence of cancer, because they eat so much Turmeric.

www.psa-rising.com...

Researchers are examining curcumin as a possible immunsystem stimulator that can modulate the activation of T cells, B cells, macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells, and dendritic cells; downregulate various proinflammatory cytokines and chemokines, and enhance antibody responses. This acivity, write M. D. Anderson researchers G. C. Jaggetia and B.B. Aggerwal, suggests "that curcumin's reported beneficial effects in arthritis, allergy, asthma, atherosclerosis, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, and cancer might be due in part to its ability to modulate the immune system. Together, these findings warrant further consideration of curcumin as a therapy for immune disorders. (J Clin Immunol. 2007 Jan;27(1):19-35).

Might help to have mustard once in awhile.

The immune system must be kept it tip top shape.

top topics

join