It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portuguese Coca-Cola warning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I received an e-mail warning people to not consume coke during may and following months, at least.....
i dont know if most of you are aware, Portugal will have to big evets during the months of may and june, that are: Rock in Rio(May) and EURO 2004(June)......
This warning is suposed to have been made by un arab, who had lost is wallet and told the woman who found it......he offered a lot of money to reward this woman's actions bit she didn't want....so he told her to dont drink coke...
i dont know if this is true....maybe just another cry wolf.
If someone knows anything about it, post.

ps: if someone knows out to read portuguese i can edit the e-mail here.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I once refused a reward, and I too received some words of wisdom:

1.) Don't piss in the wind
2.) Don't stand up in a canoe
3.) You can pick your friends, and you can pick you nose, but it's not polite to pick your friends nose
4.) You can tune a piano, but you can't tune a fish
5.) Man who go out with flat chested woman has right to feel low down

These are just a few!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is just a variation of an older Urban legend.

It is not a verified email

"An old student of mine came up to me yesterday and said that a good friend of his is a waiter at our local Red Lobster. This waiter had a customer of a Middle Eastern descent. The customer kept asking the waiter for a quarter. When he finally gave him the quarter, the customer said something along the lines of, "You want a tip?" To which the waiter said, "Sure." The customer then responded, "Don't drink Coke after June 1st." He then walked out. The waiter called the cops and alerted everyone right away and the customer was arrested nearby. "

www.snopes.com...

There are many variations of the same theme.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
probably it's like an urban legend but.....u never know.
i live here, in portugal, and hope this is just another lie or prank.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I reckon this has been taken from a joke.

When the Middle Eastern man receives his wallet back and they refuse a reward, he offers them some words of warning, "Don't drink Coke", they take this to meaning that, the supply has been poisoned or something along those lines, so they ask him "Has it been poisoned" he laughs and replies

"No, It'll rot your teeth"

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
the e-mail in question isn't trying to be funny, if it's trying something would be mass histeria.....
i doubt of it's veracity.....but we're talking about a country that approved the invasion of iraq (the meeting of azores.....azores it's part of portugal for those who dont know), it will held two major events...both of them are sponsed by coca-cola(im not sure)....for sure coca-cola will be one of the most consumed drinks there.....

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That's just Pepsi trying to run down coca-cola, lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
NetStorm thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joe Cat
NetStorm thanks for the link.

Nenhum problema meu amigo. Tenha um dia engra�ado

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
NetStorm �s portugu�s?? Recebeste o mail de que estou a falar?? quase de certeza que � tanga mas achei que deveria postar...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Eu li somente portugu�ses um bocado pequeno, mim falo o espanhol. Eu estou tentando aprender como escrever o portugu�s tamb�m que eu n�o comecei o email voc� est� falando sobre mas eu n�o preocuparia meu amigo, tudo serei aprovado. Perdoe-me se minha escrita for m�

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
i've come to the conclusion that anything forwarded in an e-mail is false, or just a chain letter. i wouldn't worry too much about the email you received. go to those celebrations, drink some coke, and i'm sure nothing will happen.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i think it's fake too but i wanted to know if this had happen in different places...like urban legend. And it did happen...

NetStorm o teu portugues � melhor que o meu espanhol, isso eu tenho a certeza absoluta..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:43 AM
link   

NetStorm o teu portugues � melhor que o meu espanhol, isso eu tenho a certeza absoluta..

Thank you. I always enjoyed listening to the people from Portugal/Brazil, etc. The problem I have is with the "o" sound, and the conjugation of verbs. Practice Practice

Obrigado. Eu apreciei sempre escutar os povos de Portugal/Brazil, etc.. O problema que eu tenho � com o "o" som, e o conjugation dos verbos. Pr�tica Da Pr�tica

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

the e-mail in question isn't trying to be funny,

I wasn't trying to be funny, and am aware this thread wasn't either.

However, the original post bore a great deal of similarity to the joke I had heard 6 or 7 months ago, so chill and get off your high horse.

If this is a real ploy either by terrorists or Pepsi, it doesn't need to be followed through to work. I which case it would be a direct attack on Coca-Cola, which would tend to point toward a rival, such as Pepsi.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
KOKA chill, i wasnt trying to ofend you...i just was trying to make a point...nothing more.

new topics

top topics

join