It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbie a Nazi propoganda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There was a famous gestapo chief, Klaus Barbie and think about it.
Barbie has blue eyes and blonde hair: the very things that make up the aryan race.
Her body is probably suppose to represent the "perfection" of their race but i dont know.

What do u think?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I thought barbie was fisically incorrect that is no way a women will have her body dimensions and be able to live long, her head is to big her chest to big and in order to have her waist you have to remove several ribs and starve for the rest of your life the space between her thighs is to wide so walking will be a little bit funny and for the feets you will have to wear high heels in order to walk, because she is handicap.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
Barbie has blue eyes and blonde hair: the very things that make up the aryan race.
Her body is probably suppose to represent the "perfection" of their race but i dont know.

What do u think?

I think it's kinda bunk.
You can tie racist idealogy into her conception as a marketing product, but I just think Barbie represents an accurate (if extreme) example of what's steretypically perceived as beauty.

The same could go for Ken, her former beau du jour. I can tell you as a girl, I don't find him all that attractive; I suppose plastic injection molding doesn't quite do it for me.

Barbie's a marketing product, in my mind, gone totally awry and feeds off of people's idealised beauty.
[Insert witty misanthropic rant here]
It's also a brilliant exercise in American - and international - consumerism.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't believe Barbie was some racist thing.

I think Barbie was a great idea however. Feed off people's wants to be beautiful. Which goes straight to the want to reproduce.

Being "pretty" makes it alot easier to find a mate. Therefore, people ultimately want to be pretty find someone and have kids.

We don't think like this consciously however, so the barbie doll appeals to the subconsious were you can't think as well.

Appealing to a desire we all want is pure genious.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

What do u think?

no way.

Barbie is short for Barbara.

Barbie is also a European surname.

Blonde hair and blue eyed appearance has always been pushed in our white-majority culture.

Her body type is that of the "swimsuit" model.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've never associated the two in my mind, so if that was the intention, it was badly done. I've never heard of the link before.

In short, I seriously doubt it.

Somebody has to be blond, after all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Dragon Ball Z too, bcoz when they turn into supersayan they become Blond haired and blue eyed...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think barbie is what the perfect woman is to be. propaganda in its self.

To know if it is Nazi propaganda, you need to check dates of creation to dates of nazi time. And if the creator is german.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i think barbie is more plastic surgery propaganda than nazi propaganda. i think barbie may have been created to make more wopmen want plastiv surgery and boob jobs and stuff

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
To know if it is Nazi propaganda, you need to check dates of creation to dates of nazi time. And if the creator is german.

I don't think you have to be German to be a Nazi. But checking the creation dates would surely bunk this one. So I'ma go research it right now, come back and edit this post right here.

*EDIT: The first Barbie was created in 1959 and 351,000 dolls were sold in this first year. Leaves this theory up for speculation.

*EDIT2: Um, the first Barbie was a brunette, theory has been debunked, woo!

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by insite]

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite

I don't think you have to be German to be a Nazi. But checking the creation dates would surely bunk this one.

*EDIT: The first Barbie was created in 1959 and 351,000 dolls were sold in this first year. Leaves this theory up for speculation.

*EDIT2: Um, the first Barbie was a brunette, theory has been debunked, woo!

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by insite]

WOW, good one im glad this has been debunked.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
From what I've seen, Barbie has been whatever the media has held to be the "most" beautiful. Currently, it's a tall blond with big breasts (I'm a brunette guy, myself, and don't really find Hollywood's concept of "beauty" the best there is).

An interesting side note about nazi (capitalization left off as a sign of disrespect, not bad grammar
) propoganda. All those Polish jokes many know and love? The nazis started those because the Poles were intentionally making defective bombs for the nazi war machine. Though Barbi may not be, every time you say "Did you hear about the Polish submarine?" you're furthering the nazi cause. Little something to think about.

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I very much doubt that barbie is nazi propoganda.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I decapitated my first barbie cuz I didnt like it. My mother never bought me another after it.

Barbie was named after the creator's daughter, and ken after the son. Thats the names.

I wouldnt doubt there is a racism inbued in Barbies. Most of the worlds population does not produce blondes naturally, thus, barbie is only a western ideal. In some coutnries, blondes are considered quite sickly looking and very unattractive.

I dont think the nazis had anything to do with this one.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Exactly.

Barbie is just an excellent exercise in captalist marketing: it's selling to the masses what they idealise. I can't possibly think of a better marketing venture than beauty, it rakes in the dough.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Creepy]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Even though the nazi's came up with loads up crazy ideas, i doubt Barbie is one of their creations. It would be funny if they release a Klu Klux Klan outfit for barbie
or Ken joins the Ayran brotherhood

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Barbie was named after the creator's daughter, and ken after the son. Thats the names.

So Barbie liking Ken is kinda incestuous? Creepy.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Even if Barbie was a Nazi, it doesn't matter. Everyone knows she was always hooking up with G.I. Joe on the side.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Dont forget that Hitler wasnt Aryan.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join