It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major 'staggered' at changed Basra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Major 'staggered' at changed Basra

news.bbc.co.uk

In the midday heat, the market in the Hayaniyah area - once home to many of Basra's insurgents - is fly-blown and filthy.

Major Dickie Head looks bemused as we emerge from the safety of an armoured Iraqi Army Humvee and walk towards what was one of the most dangerous parts of Basra - now a small, but busy, market.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Here is a positive story. Maj. Dickie Head (aka my parents hate me) patrols Basra In Beret and revels at the peace.
While serving as Squad leader 3/7 I co. 2nd Plt,(many years ago) during the invasion I found my self hitting the Beat in Basra.
The loving honest people feared us deeply, our stone cold demeaner and reflective sun glasses might as well come from Mars theese people never saw anything like the US Marines on a Mission to Kill. (using fire/manuver and close combat)

The streets were unbearable littered, the heat was plastering in the early spring, and danger could be in any area of the 360 degree MOUT enviroment. Looting was occuring at a nearbye Honda plant, not our mission... The Killing was moments away... The test of your training, will you put steel on target? Will you die?

In this discription the streets people are back to envasion state... To me this means the will of the people is broken, just as it was thoose first weeks. Fly's and smells, burning crap pots and rotting flesh.

Jack boot nazi comes to mind, but I was there to kill terrorists, well now I know who they are, and I wont kill again unless in defense.
I would die for them now, how could I help them? well god please forgive me....

They are the light of humanity, surviveing in hell, with less to think about than a pill addict on payday.
I salute You Basra, Iraq.

May we truly someday liberate you from opresion.

Semper Fi

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jb0311NY

You really should sell some of this writing.... that was very well formed.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by Jb0311NY

You really should sell some of this writing.... that was very well formed.

Thank you.

Thank you so much man, but what would you trade it for? Paper? Gold?

Nah, I'm not into that...

Speak the truth and it helps with the reality of it all, I never thought I could get fooled... I went to Iraq, andfor what? and for whom?

Its all abstract, and Tom Clancy couldnt make this stuff up!

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yes an unfortunate name.

join