It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know someone infected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm making this thread to gather every member story about someone he/she knows who has infected with the swine flu virus.
We have a worldwide population sample so I believe it's a good way to "measure" what is the hype and what is the real thing.

So please, if you'd like, post your personal experiences with swine flu victims here. Did you get it? Someone in your family? Co-workers?

I hope this gets your interest since I know a lot of you (like me) are suspicious about this whole thing.

Even if today you don't know of anyone, I really want to know when they raise to 6 the alert level (which can be tomorrow or next week), how this progress.
I'm sure that when this gets into a Global Pandemic of epic proportions we should at least know a couple of people infected, right?

I'll start the ball rolling by telling that I don't know anyone infected, but I'm not on a high risk area (yet).

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
West side of NY friend was ordered to stay in his home until cleared by a Dr. Just happend this morning. Everyone will believe its hype until they are puking and deficating on themselves.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

Thanks for your post. Do you have more info about this? It's confirmed it's the swine flu?

I have to clarify that I don't believe it's a lie: I just want to grasp the real magnitude of this thing.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
He walked away from the computer I literally was just told a couple mins before I made that post. Said he was going to play xbox lol. He says he doesnt feel that bad yet but he was ordered to stay home and they "the sherrif" said his GF had to bring him anything he needed.

He was talking smack about this being all hyped up yesterday, wonder what his opinion will be 2 days from now.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi,

I dont actually know anyone who is "infected" persay however i was talking to one of my co workers today who informed me that his whole family are out in mexico for a wedding.

He says he has been trying to call them all on their mobile phones for the last 3 days but is getting no reply from the 3 seperate numbers that he has for them.

Cheers,

Chroot.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
my wife and I and our two kids all have symptoms. We're going to the kids Dr today to get tested and pick up our Tamiflu scripts. I can't even describe how bad this feels, I feel extremely sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
On a similar point..

I work in a Court which is usually filled with members of the public and over the last few days (more so today) i have noticed that the ammount of people coughing, sinffeling, etc seems to be extrordinarily high.

I must stress though, im not sure if this is paranoia due to the obvious media coverage or a cause for geniune concern

Chroot

edit, spelling

[edit on 30/4/2009 by chroot]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Ecoparity whats your location? And yes I feel for you, the symptoms remind me of food poisoning. Ive seen people go thru it and they wanted to die. I myself have no want to leave my house not going to get this no matter what it takes.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seb2882

Oh good thread, I was considering starting something similar to my friends on Facebook too. The internet is a great way to stay connected and perfect for situations like these - first hand accounts.

I personally do not know anyone yet but my mother and grandmother are traveling by plane tomorrow to NY so I will be keeping my eye on them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My one and a half year old, and mom, as of yesterday.... little one puking, mom feeling stuffed up and sore throat.

Hoping this turns out to be nothing.... Good luck to everyone, with everyone they know.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Here in GA no known cases of infections, my husband works at our local military base and not new memos of imminent danger to military and civilian personnel has been released yet.

Also I will ask my neighbor that works at the local hospital pharmacy if is any cases "been investigated" I do volunteer work at the same hospital and every thing has been going smooth.

The schools in my county and the next are still working and people seem to be around on business as usual.

So I will be more than glad to let anybody know if the situation change, as we know not matter what this is a flu and people will get sick around eventually as the flu spread.

Hopefully the death toll will not be as bad or worst than regular season.

Good luck and keep safe people.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
My one and a half year old, and mom, as of yesterday.... little one puking, mom feeling stuffed up and sore throat.

Hoping this turns out to be nothing.... Good luck to everyone, with everyone they know.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by LostNemesis]

I hope they are both ok especially your little one, it's tough to see the little ones get sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chroot
On a similar point..

I work in a Court which is usually filled with members of the public and over the last few days (more so today) i have noticed that the ammount of people coughing, sinffeling, etc seems to be extrordinarily high.

I must stress though, im not sure if this is paranoia due to the obvious media coverage or a cause for geniune concern

Chroot

edit, spelling

[edit on 30/4/2009 by chroot]

Funny you'd mention that, I work in a hotel and have noticed a LOT of the people that walk through getting breakfast were coughing. Yesterday 4 out of the 12 that stopped for coffee and muffins were coughing, 2 of them about to go to work with a 4 of their coworkers to do roofing work all day.

On the way home yesterday morning there was one person leaving as I was arriving who was coughing on the way to his car, and one person I heard cough inside of the store as I was leaving, two clerks behind the counter and maybe another 3 people in the store.

If it's psychosomatic, I can see why crazy people believe so strongly that they are percieving reality in a normal way.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Chilkoot]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi..Im living in Ireland and although there has been no reports of anyone having swine flue...im feeling flue like symptoms since yesturday.. Ive been in and out of the local hospital visiting my mother the last few days...her bed was right next to the door to the isolation ward. Im convincing myself that its just hayfever or maybe just a common cold! Keep ya posted.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the concern.

Really uncertain times.

To be honest though, the flu symptoms they are telling us to watch out for also sound like most allergy symptoms. Most of us have allergies and COPD and other respiratory issues already, from being in this polluted atmosphere. lol

I really think that the symptoms are vague enough to have paranoid every hypochondriac in the world. AND every cold and allergy sufferer. Sad, yeah...

I think we need to pass around vitamin C and hand disinfectant, wherever we go. I found that people do not think I am being overly-paranoid, and they usually accept what I offer them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I'm wondering, since the swine flu is in the same class as the regular ol flu bug then how many cases of this swine flu are just your standard run of the mill flu bug?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Flu season is over, however lets hope none. You dont want regular human flu recombining and mutating this. Although it could make it weaker any mutations have a potential to make it worse.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have found it very strange that there are no reports of swine flue here in good ole oiland....must be the guinness....lol

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I don't know if it was the swine flu because I was told to keep her home unless she began having trouble breathing or if the fever wouldn't go down with OTC med's, but my 8 yr old daughter came down with a flu this past Monday.

She was fine Sunday at bedtime, but Monday morning she woke up lethargic, with a fever of 103.5, stuffed nose & body aches. Through the course of Monday & Tuesday, she had several dizzy spells, no appetite & her fever hovered around 100 with med's.

Wensday afternoon the fever broke, but what followed was vomiting with diarrehea (at the same time) Several hours of that & it finally stopped.

Now her fever is gone, she is eating almost normally & the sick stomach is gone. She is left with a stuffy/runny nose so I think it has run it's course.

We are in WNY, none of us traveled to Mexico although I did travel to NY City in mid-March & I did come home with one hell of a flu bug, but whatever she had could of come from anywhere.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here's something to cheer up anyone who gets sick. BTW, I was watching TV as they were giving an update. All the reporters asking questions on the flu were coughing. I'm sorry but it almost made me laugh. I am taking this seriously though because no flu is a joke. But this one seems to have mutated to the harmless side or is at least heading that way at present.

www.latimes.com...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Fromabove]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join