It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video footage of Mexicos flu ward.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is just one ward but obviously their most advanced.

CNN video of Mexican flu ward

Theres a lot of people in there. I didnt know they had gone this high tech but obviously after having hospitals close someone had to take the sick. How long do you think it will be before we have these here?

Ive got a friend on the west side of new york who said he got it today and hes been ordered to stay in his home until cleared by a Dr. Im not sure what theyd charge him with if he left but they told him he couldnt leave.

I just got details of that so Ill update you as I hear more.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is just a personal observation on cultural differences between Mexico and the rest of North America.
The Mexicans are a pretty hard people.
I really doubt that there would be that many of them lined up in hospital waiting rooms if there wasn't something very serious going on.

I am not trying to suggest that they are superior or anything like that. Its just that. In the rest of the world people usually just "tough" out the flu.

We are raised in a culture where you go to the doctor for any little thing. The Mexicans usually go to the doctor because they are dying.

I hope this turns out to be nothing, I really do.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
This is just a personal observation on cultural differences between Mexico and the rest of North America.
The Mexicans are a pretty hard people.
I really doubt that there would be that many of them lined up in hospital waiting rooms if there wasn't something very serious going on.

I am not trying to suggest that they are superior or anything like that. Its just that. In the rest of the world people usually just "tough" out the flu.

We are raised in a culture where you go to the doctor for any little thing. The Mexicans usually go to the doctor because they are dying.

I hope this turns out to be nothing, I really do.

I hear you and I agree to a certain extent,however as a city of what 20 million even a small percentage is gonna seem like a lot. I have no doubt if this spreads there will be enough stubborn people here in the US,that avoid going to a doctor to make the situation worse.

new topics

join