It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccination which do you pick Tamiflu or Relenza or Nothing at all?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Vaccination which u will pick
Tamiflu or Relenza or Nothing at all?

www.yourlawyer.com...

The EUA authority permits the FDA to allow use of “unapproved or uncleared medical products or unapproved or uncleared uses of approved or cleared medical products” during an established emergency. Such use ends when either the swine flu emergency is deemed over or the authorization is revoked. Under the EUAs, Tamiflu and Relenza may be given to large population sectors without compliance with label requirements and can be distributed by some public health officials and volunteers based on state and local laws and/or public health emergency responses, explained the FDA.

GlaxoSmithKline’s Relenza can be inhaled to treat influenza in children age seven and older. Roche Laboratories’ Tamiflu is prescribed for children age one and up, and is taken orally within 48 hours of flu symptom onset. Relenza is approved to prevent influenza in adults and children five years of age and older. In a pandemic outbreak, Tamiflu and Relenza would be used to treat people ill with flu, as well as flu prevention and treatment in children under one year. If no flu vaccine is available, Tamiflu could be taken daily for flu prevention. EUAs allow alternate dosing for children older than one.

here is more links
Tamiflu And Relenza Should Have Psychiatric Side Effects Warning, Say Regulators
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

Tamiflu, Relenza Side Effects Need Listing, U.S. Says
www.bloomberg.com...

A new paper on Tamiflu/Relenza resistance in JAMA (2007)
scienceblogs.com...

Preventive Dose of Tamiflu, Relenza: Doc Says It's Not a Good Idea
www.wxyz.com...

www.riverterrace.org...

What should I watch for while taking Tamiflu? Visit your doctor or health care professional for regular check ups. Tell your doctor if your symptoms do not start to get better or if they get worse. If you have the flu, you may be at an increased risk of developing seizures, confusion, or abnormal behavior. Tamiflu relenza. This occurs early in the illness, and more frequently in children and teens. These events are not common, but may result in accidental injury to the patient. Families and caregivers of patients should watch for signs of unusual behavior and contact a doctor or health care professional right away if the patient shows signs of unusual behavior. This medicine is not a substitute for the flu shot. Talk to your doctor each year about an annual flu shot. Tamiflu relenza What side effects may I notice from Tamiflu? Side effects that you should report to your doctor or health care professional as soon as possible: * allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue * anxiety, confusion, unusual behavior * breathing problems * hallucination, loss of contact with reality * redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth * seizures Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your doctor or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome): * cough * diarrhea * dizziness * headache * nausea, vomiting * stomach pain This list may not describe all possible side effects.

what do u guys think? which one do u want take Tamiflu or Relenza or nothing at all?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by DeafRaz]

Mod Edit: Fixed title

[edit on 4/30/09 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Flu shots, Relenza to benefit from Tamiflu trouble
www.fiercepharma.com...

Flu drugs 'will not work' if pandemic strikes (2006)
www.guardian.co.uk...

Influenza Drugs Tamiflu & Relenza Linked to Psychosis & Death in Children & Adults
www.schizophrenia.com...

There are already 25 patients under who 25 have died while taking Tamiflu, most of them in Japan. Including five deaths due to falling from windows or balconies or running in traffic.
www.parenting-weblog.com...

GLAXOSMITHKLINE WELCOMES EUROPEAN GUIDANCE THAT STOCKPILING MORE
THAN ONE ANTIVIRAL WOULD BE USEFUL IN PREPARING FOR A FLU PANDEMIC
Both zanamivir (Relenza) and oseltamivir (Tamiflu) are recommended as
candidates
www.glaxosmithkline.se...

Kids' Flu Drugs Could Cause Neurological Problems
FDA Recommends New Label Warnings For amiflu And Relenza

New Relenza warning
scienceblogs.com...
cbs11tv.com...

Tamiflu & Relenza will not work against this flu.
I talked to one of my microbio professor today about these drugs. He said they will probably not work against the swine flu becuase flu strains tend to mutate very quickly. As a matter of fact. These drugs are actually harmful to you because it contains mercury as a preservative. Tamiflu also only reduces your symptoms by 1-2 days. with taking Tamiflu, you are actually More prone to be seciptible to secondary infections. The 1918 flu is a major example. Most of the people that died was becuase of strep infections
www.insidehoops.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Neither Tamiflu or Relenza are vaccinations. They are treatments if you do catch the flu. There is no vaccination for the swine flu. So, I guess the only answer to your 'well thought out' question is 'Nothing at all'.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
wow These H1N1, Tamiflu, and Relenza 3 words together reported in September 25, 2008

www.recombinomics.com...
Increases in H1N1 Tamiflu and Relenza Resistance?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The list of possilbe side effects for these drugs is no more intimidating than those listed for any other drug/vaccine out on the market right now. Many drugs list things like seizure, coma, hemorrhage, and death as rare but possible side effects. Many common over the counter drugs cause side effects, too. Acetaminophen kills several hundred people every year, and thousands of hospitalizations.

You have to weigh the benefits vs. the risks with every drug you take. At this point, I would not take Tamiflu or Relenza. If we start seeing a high mortality rate (outside of Mexico) I might change my mind.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
If i were to get sick with this virus but I can almost guaranty that nobody I know will get get sick but if i did and I kept my temp around 100-101, i wouldnt take that crap.
I would only take it when I felt so bad that the thought of not taking it outweighed any side effects I may get.

There, thats the first and last time that i will answer that question in any thread lol.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Berzerked, if you wait that long to take either of them, you might as well not take it at all then. By that time it won't do you any good.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked
If i were to get sick with this virus but I can almost guaranty that nobody I know will get get sick but if i did and I kept my temp around 100-101, i wouldnt take that crap.
I would only take it when I felt so bad that the thought of not taking it outweighed any side effects I may get.

There, thats the first and last time that i will answer that question in any thread lol.

So then you are injected with something that might save your life, but after it's too late???
I wouldn't touch that stuff. I used to get Flu shots and about a month later like clock work I would get VERY VERY ill.
I haven't touched a flu shot in about 5 years and I couldn't tell you the last time I got even remotely sick.
(*Knock on wood*)

*edit for superstition

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Allegory of Illumination]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
large checkmark for "none of the above" for me. I haven't had any flu vaccines since I was a child a forced to have them. Never will. My body will fight infections and either cure it or not.

Edit to add: I DO get a tetanus booster every six or seven years. I trust that somewhat more than flu vaccines.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by argentus]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Lol yea good point ferris.. I would guess, if I were pressed for a decision based on time, I would probably have to take it, since without it I would possibly die and im solely responsible for two kids.
The much harder decision would be whether I would give it to my son or daughter though.
Sigh, being a parent sucks lol. not all the time, just sometimes

btw, ive had one flu shot in my entire life well maybe two. I dont know exactly what all was given in the first round of innocs during boot camp so many years ago,
then about 1 year later the doc on our boat gave em out again, i was sick almost the entire 3 week deployment.
Having the flu, on top of going through 30 foot seas really sucked, thats a month ill never forget

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Berzerked]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Neither is really a vaccination as the title suggests.

Your choice for treatment may come down to what avalible in your area. I suspect that frontline people like first responders and hospital staff will be the priority then it may trickle down.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nothing for me thanks,I'm good.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Nothing for me. I just don't trust the FDA. I have always felt that they side with company profits rather than the public's health and well being.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I haven't got the flu in almost 6 years and every year I am surrounded by flu-people coughing and sneezing all over me (used to come in contact with a lot of people daily at work). Also my kid and husband get the flu every year, sometimes twice.
So I have it every 5-6 years. BUT, when I do get it it's really bad and last time I almost ended up in the hospital. While normally I'd say 'stay home and sick-it-out of your system' this time the doc gave me antiviral medication. Sorry I can't remember what it was....
all I know is that these pills made me better in no time.

Should I or my kid get this flue, I'd take the pills. I think everyone who becomes infected will feel when it's bad or when it's mild. And when it's bad you will want the pills.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Nothing

Nothing

Nothing

No Tamiflu, NO vaccine...

I'll never die of the Flu any Flu even a severe one... This is all insane

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

my take on vaccines

[edit on 30-4-2009 by TeeJay]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And on a more serious note...

I know that this is not speaking of this particular strain, but the point is the same.

top topics

join