It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Falling Star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Whilst living as a child in the years 74 to early 75 in austarlia, and fleeing the interior of a haunted house, I regularly obseved a red glowing star from the back yard.

After about seven days I witnessed the star falling?

It fell literally in a straight 90 degrree motion approx forty yards (kid distance) and thaen there was nothing.

Prior to the falling motion this star pulsatedand glowed, and excuse me but sparks appeared to be emanating from it.

Was this real?

An aquaintance once said my story was crap , as this was a very very rare event.

I saw a star fall that was there the night before and many nights before, did anyone else see this?

I believe it was a one in a something event?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Shooting star. Also known as a meteoroid . They burn up when they enter our atmosphere and happen every day. I see one about once a week.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Interesting story. You may have been witness to a sparkling ufo orb of the red type. You mention rare? Oh yes, to see a sparkling orb is incredibly rare. I know of one person on here, myself and another in Russia who to my knowledge has seen this type, normal ufo orbs are ten a penny, but the sparkling type is incredibly rare.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Shooting star. Also known as a meteoroid . They burn up when they enter our atmosphere and happen every day. I see one about once a week.

Ok but tis object was in the same location in the Aussie sky at approx 1800 to 1930 hrs in the months of approx april to august 75 (approx).

for at least seven days.

I lived in a very spooky spirit infested place, and waited for my mum to return from work each night by staying in the garden away from the spooks.
I really believe this was a very rare natural astronimical event, but find it curious that it was observed only because of a fear of a haunted house.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

but find it curious that it was observed only because of a fear of a haunted house.

LOL! How Ironic!

On to what you saw... I've never before heard a description such as yours. The only possible explenation I can think of is that someone about 2km away from you fired a distress flare of some sort which just so happened to line up with the star in the sky which made it appear that the star was falling.

It would explain the sparks and the mysterious random falling of a star.

If it was not a flare and you can sware blind it wasn't.. then my only conclusion is an Unidentified Falling Object.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuzitzu

but find it curious that it was observed only because of a fear of a haunted house.

LOL! How Ironic!

On to what you saw... I've never before heard a description such as yours. The only possible explenation I can think of is that someone about 2km away from you fired a distress flare of some sort which just so happened to line up with the star in the sky which made it appear that the star was falling.

It would explain the sparks and the mysterious random falling of a star.

If it was not a flare and you can sware blind it wasn't.. then my only conclusion is an Unidentified Falling Object.

It wasn't a flare this was a country town in 1975 (approx probably) autumn to winter.

I have raed only once that some major astronomical event did happen then viewable in the Southern Hemphishere, a dying star?

I really believe that early evening approx 1900 hrs Aust eastern time in approx may? to july? I witnessed a dying star ...well die.

If so this was something I have necer seen since, and wonder in my advancing years , about the significance, the house I had to stay for a year was haunted no doubt but was in the middle of a town.

I believe the star was billions of miles away and just as i stared at its sparks felland died.
It had been showering sparks for nights before.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Which country town were you living in?

Australia's a fairly big place with a lot of country towns!

Maybe someone who lives in the area might be able to identify with your sighting.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
A star, when it dies, explodes in an event known as a "super nova". Stars and super novas would not appear to move in the sky.

Meteors are also known as "shooting stars" as nasacarl said. Meteors are actually nothing to do with stars. They are usually small bits of comets or asteroids, which "burn up" in our atmosphere due to their extreme high speed. Occasionally when this happens, you can observe pieces breaking away from the meteoroid (the sparks), which is what you probably saw.

How you managed to confuse a meteor for a "star" (it sounds as though you were seeing the planet Mars, which appears distinctly reddish-orange when observed), I do not know, but it would not be the first time someone has made this error. I guess it's somewhat understandable since you were young at the time.

The best way to avoid errors like this would be to check what stars/planets are visible in the sky where you are by using planetarium software like Stellarium (free download), and or learning to recognize the brighter celestial objects in the sky.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The town was Lithgow NSW , I have pondered all the advice given here, all I can say is the object was in the sky for nights before, with sparks and pulsating display.

I looked up from the garden and approx 1900 hrs this object fell in a straight line downwards , this fall lasted approx 1 second and then the object was no more.

But 100% this object was in the sky for at least three nights prior , pulsating and sparking.

new topics

top topics

join