It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the current available technology enough to produce large holographics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
What do you think?

What kind of actual technology could just fit into large holographic image projections?

Here are some current enterprises and technology:
Australian Holographics Pty Ltd
Holographics North Inc.
GEOLA

Do you think it could be possible to project a large image in order to decieve the masses? I would do it! Just to see the reaction!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by the8th]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
You my friend need to research HAARP

Lots of cool stuff out there... some think it can make aurora boreialis type projections on the sky with it...

As for Holograms, I'm not a in the know guy. I just get into the Holodeck and say "Computer, run 99 virgins program"

Semper Fi

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by the8th

I'm gonna jump onboard with JbO

Would like to see hologram broadcast technology, but to be convincing I think it'd have to be within a confined and controlled space. Such as a movie theatre....NOT out in the open sky under direct sunlight.

To envision something as sophisticated as, say
what's seen on Star Trek?? That requires a leap of faith, and several hundred years of advancement, even IF it's possible....plus, to be compliant with Star Trek, would ALSO need transporter technology...and other manipulation of matter, from a distance......a very tall order, right now.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by the8th

I'm gonna jump onboard with JbO

Would like to see hologram broadcast technology, but to be convincing I think it'd have to be within a confined and controlled space. Such as a movie theatre....NOT out in the open sky under direct sunlight.

To envision something as sophisticated as, say
what's seen on Star Trek?? That requires a leap of faith, and several hundred years of advancement, even IF it's possible....plus, to be compliant with Star Trek, would ALSO need transporter technology...and other manipulation of matter, from a distance......a very tall order, right now.

Force fields also!

Im a huge Holodeck fan... Best episodes of TNG were on the deck... The hologram doctor on Voyager is very dificult to even think about....

I just want a health loving life, no hologram can do that.... But with force fields... MMMM virgins

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I know these are in a controlled environment, but wow. Imagine what the military has.

new topics

top topics

join