It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Researcher says this is 1918 all over again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Recombinomics April 29th post

This guy knows his stuff. If he says this is like 1918 all over again, I believe him. I'm 1/2 tempted to go to Mexico or TX to catch the flu on purpose because if you get it now, you're not as likely to get it BAD when it comes back next fall. That's exactly what happened in 1918. Those that were infected with the first wave had some immunity to the 2nd, so it wasn't as lethal to them when it came back through.

Ever since Saturday I've thought that this whole thing was fishy. Now I see that it isn't a "distraction" as I had assumed. The feds are scared because they see the common threads with 1918.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I had exactly the same thought last week, might as well get it now before it gets worse and mutates. Wonder if it would actually work?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oneinthesame

It would work, as long as you didn't die from it this time around LOL. Also, if you've already had the flu this past winter, you do not want to get another case of it. That is REALLY bad for your body.

Considering that I've never had the flu in my entire life, I think I might just take my chances. Fortunately I homeschool my kids, so they won't be dragging germs home from those public school germ factories.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Dont flame me for this but I do remember reading some stats posted here on ats that many many of the 1918 deaths were in innoculated people. So eat your veggies, lay off Tamiflu, buy some Tamiflu stock and you should be fine.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, its not fear mongering. And everyone who says it is is just plain wrong and does not understand science. When hospitals start being over whelmed here in the US people will start dying. And then we have the fall to look forward to.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
How can you buy Tamiflu if it is sold only by prescription?
It would be impossible to get a dr. to write you one if you're not sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

I meant to say, buy stock in the company that manyfactures Tamiflu silly.

no es uno lino. ole

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Hey Cutie

I thought it would detail how the 1918 may have been man made from Vaccine as I have heard. I was scared to hear that he wants vaccines, which is not good... They are truly bad for you, and the GOVT wants a company BAXTER that recently was caught mixing multiple live flus in their vaccines overseas....

I hate to say I think this a eugenics program, and the bait is this, the kicker will be a full out break due to the Vacc.

God help us Ron Paul Girl.... Theese people are sick.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ron Paul Girl
Recombinomics April 29th post

This guy knows his stuff. If he says this is like 1918 all over again, I believe him. I'm 1/2 tempted to go to Mexico or TX to catch the flu on purpose because if you get it now, you're not as likely to get it BAD when it comes back next fall.

If you decide to act on a crap like this and go down to Mexico to catch the virus, please be so kind to die there. Don't bring any bugs here to infect other people thinking that it's good for them.

The author of the article wildly speculates, and present his views as some kind of theory to go by. If there is any genetic interaction between two RNA viruses, it can happen that H1N1 purges its own genome to become less virulent, not the other way. There is really no way to predict ahead an evolution of RNA viruses.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by haika
How can you buy Tamiflu if it is sold only by prescription?
It would be impossible to get a dr. to write you one if you're not sick.

I heard it's going OTC in new zealand. Isn't that irresponsible because wouldn't hypochondriacs just take it every week and ruin their immunity and possibly mutate the virus, just like overusing antibiotics? It's one of the few things I agree with being prescribed instead of OTC because of that reason. I think hydrocodone should be OTC.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
On topic again, I think also the similarities as to the timing are interesting. Spanish Flu came out in the late spring, disappeared over the summer, and in August people started droping like flies. I really don't think that we will know for sure if this is going to blow over or not until next fall, and make sure if it does disappear this summer we don't get lulled into a false sense of security and let our guard down.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I don't think OTC is necessarily a bad thing. If it can keep infected people out of the hospitals and doctors offices, thus infecting already ill people who already have weakened immune systems. Different countries have different drugs on OTC. For example in Canada you can get codiene OTC.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
So how do we prepare? They've said those masks don't actually help, so then what? What sort of timeline should we look at for preparing for a fall 2nd wave?
I don't think there's much to do to help a virus but we can all do our best to stay healthy this summer, eat extra veggies, maybe buy a few extra bottles of vitamins or what not for this fall as well as stock up on a week or two of food/water.
What other recommendations do yall have?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
reply to post by haika

I meant to say, buy stock in the company that manyfactures Tamiflu silly.

Oh!
Duh me!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As far as I know masks rated N95 or higher are effective, I managed to snag a few at home depot last night, bought all of what they had. Buy hand sanatizer, soap, bleach (for disinfecting and purifying water), tylenol, etc. Also have a plan B, somewhere in the middle of nowhere to go to if it gets really bad. Better to be to prepared than to be left six feet under

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
If you decide to act on a crap like this and go down to Mexico to catch the virus, please be so kind to die there. Don't bring any bugs here to infect other people thinking that it's good for them.

The author of the article wildly speculates, and present his views as some kind of theory to go by. If there is any genetic interaction between two RNA viruses, it can happen that H1N1 purges its own genome to become less virulent, not the other way. There is really no way to predict ahead an evolution of RNA viruses.

Spot on - with star.

top topics

join