It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does it seem like the wheels are comming off everything all of a sudden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I know the vibes have been screwy for quite a while but it seems like the weirdness level just took a quantum leap or two in the last few days. Suddenly EVEYRYTHING is falling to flinders. And I mean EVERYTHING. We gots the swines on fire with a cauldron of diseases the prez buzz-flyin NYC in Airforce 1 to scare every last Tomfool whose been jumpin' ast shadows for the past decade out of their limited wits. Oh, and lookie here, why here'S GM's getting nationalized and the top 20 biggest banks on the planet are insolvent and what's this about Senators jumping ship and arctic ice shelves the size of Missouri carving off and kult leaders flying helicopters out of jail...

Then we drop the wavelngth dial down an order of magnitude from the big dawgs to the middlebrow range and things are just as flippy. I've seen every news commentator from Alex Jones to Peter Jennings literally LOSE THEIR PRVERBIAL SOLID WASTE MATTER on screen. I aint talking garden-variety rants, I mean raw bug-eyed catatinic mumbling, slurring of words, uncontrollable screaming and drool-cup beavior or hebehrenic babbling and humming and cackling live on air. Bartender, I'll have heatever the Illuminati are serving our media spokespersons and upholders of 4th-estate dignity. And then there are the bloggers. Several of my faves, like the guy who runs Watson's Web, have gone from voices of stability to wiggin' out Elijah-like pustule-encrusted desert prophets howling themselves hoarse in the wilderness and taking on all sorts of delusions of grandeur.

On a slightly more serious note, I'm starting to wonder if some kind of mass insantiy beam or chem treatment or whatever is being used on every level. The prez looks befuddled and spaced out; he's subtly starting to take on that medicated-looking "GW BUSH TEN-THOUSAND-YARD STARE," and meanwhile the rest of us are either drooling catatonically, howling and clawing at the walls, or stitching together human-skin griiories or the like.

Then drill down to the local level, the personal inteactions you've had with friends, neighbors, cowokers, and so on. Notice anything...shall we say...erm...odd in their general psycholigical makeups and actions? I'm seeing peple I've known for years acting in totally scary, irratiional ways, either excessively aggressive or retreating into inner worlds within worlds. and huddling up in the corner with their Linus blankies to suck their thumbs. Granted this is anecdotal personalevidence but I'm seeing it EVERYWHERE. And so are others I'm talking to.

Screw the damn piggie flu, I want to know what they have been doing to drive everyone B*TSH*T INSANE over the course of the past week while the basic financial and social architecure of the globe crumbles into into little drifting dust-devils of particulate debris.

I've always been a bit skeptical of the "This is really it guyz can u feel it comin down rite now omg" threads but this time I'm finally starting to think the time is ripe for my first.

[edit on 4/30/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean.. I myself don't feel any different other than the usual weird feelings but Iv noticed my friends and even my extremely outspoken family have become quiet and reserved.. as if they're all depressed suddenly or they're afraid to speak.. its strange. Things are bad but they aren't THAT bad.. why is everyone suddenly acting like zombies?

Even strangers seem to have a milky glazed look in their eyes as they almost shamble around the streets. I swear I'm the only happy person in my entire town and the ones that do manage to make eye contact give me a dirty look like "Why is that guy happy? what is he up to? then continue shambling along...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Raverous]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous
I know exactly what you mean.. I myself don't feel any different other than the usual weird feelings but Iv noticed my friends and even my extremely outspoken family have become quiet and reserved.. as if they're all depressed suddenly or they're afraid to speak.. its strange. Things are bad but they aren't THAT bad.. why is everyone suddenly acting like zombies?

Even strangers seem to have a milky glazed look in their eyes as they almost shamble around the streets. I swear I'm the only happy person in my entire town and the ones that do manage to make eye contact give me a dirty look like "Why is that guy happy? what is he up to? then continue shambling along...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Raverous]

I try to avoid making pop-cultural movie references when possible but what your are descrining (And I am nodding along with it as I read it) reminds me very much of certain aspects of the generally underrated Nichole Kidman vehicle The Invasion. If you are on this wavelength its worth a watch although it might freak you out a bit. One-nickel synopsis: an invading virus from space infects people but its not easy to tell who has been infected and who hasn't. The infected people start acting oddly, almost autistically, in a way that is eerie enough to eicit notice but hard enougfh to put your fingure on that it takes sime time for the ununfected to even realize things are out of the orderly, Eventualy the creeopy hive-minded infectoids become the majority and the onky way fir "free" humans to get back is to mimic the outer symptoms (facial and expressive blankness, lack of emotion, dedication to collectivist one-world control stuff, etc.),. Worth a watch at a time when so many ate guzzlin the coolaide.

[edit on 4/30/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Wow you've noticed it as well!

Loads of people I know have started acting against type on a massive scale---Couples breaking up after being together for ages, people jacking jobs in for no real reason.Loads of stuff is goin on .
I also feel different. I can't explain it but it's almost like I know a major phase of my life is underway. Like a sort of re-birth.
Maybe it's all cosmic?
For sure Something is happening and happening BIG!
I bet the end of the world brigade are partyin hard right now

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Hi UK....
...how are you doing?

I did read this thread with interest yesterday, and almost posted a reply, but for tiredness, so here I am.

I can't say that I've noticed the blankness that you guys are talking about, but my other half, who is very connected and aware, but not outwardly, said about 10 days ago, "There is something different in the world. The world has changed." This totally out of the blue from someone who is fairly major sceptic when it comes to conspiracy and the like. It was at a time when I was rambling on about something I'd read here, which usually gets no response at all....but we were both aware that something fairly major has shifted. Unfortunately we don't know what, although I have a strong feeling we havent seen it yet, and the things we are seeing are distractions, however upseting they might still be. More personal anecdotal evidence, but there you are...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae
Some people are feelin this and others are'nt.

I wonder why only certain people are picking up on it--it's a mystery?
I knew a few days ago that I was changing --the stuff that used to bother me all of a sudden seemed irrelevant. I don't feel negative at all on this transformation, completely the opposite in fact.
I feel good, It's almost like a freeing of the spirit.
Wow this is a bit deep for a weds afternoon hon! x

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

OMG--it's thursday!!! aaargh!!!
See what I mean I'm even losing track of time---Whats happening to me?
I rest my case!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

And you gained a day...how cool! Time seems to be speeding up for everyone else, so celebrate, I say!

I kinda feel the same...it's almost like a feeling of anxious liberation...or creative apprehension...I don't quite know what to call it. I don't want to poke Fate with a big stick, but I don't hink we're done yet. WE've had the financial meltdown, now the piggy flu....whether manufactured or not...all we're missing is a belter of a natural disaster, and we will have to restructure. And before anyone turns the grill up...NO! I'm not wishing for that...not at all, but maybe Mother Earth will deliver what we need and not what we think we want. There has also been a lot of talk about dips in the Timewave model, and the webbot thingy, although I'm the first to admit they're not foolproof.

If I were smart enough, I would compare what Gerald Celente says, with the Timewave and the Webbot to see if there are any correlations. At the moment, as usual, I'm operating on instinct only.

new topics

top topics

join