It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Hospital Caught in Swine Flu Coverup?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I know we're probably "Swine Overwhelmed" at this point here on ATS but I couldn't help but bring this up.

Do you remember the other day when they supposidly "confirmed" a man from Mexico had visited Disney World as had subsequently been treated and tested for Swine Flu at Florida Hospital in Orlando?

I kept looking for my state to be highlighted on the lovely CDC/CNN/MSNBC/FOX super-duper pandemic maps...but nothing.....

I thought I was going crazy so I did a google search-they said he tested positive but it was not "confirmed"? What on earth is this! Have I gone Swine crazy? Imagining things?

And then I found this article-
Here's a taste:

A case of swine flu was diagnosed today in at Florida Hospital and disclosed in an email authored by its chief medical officer, but the infection was immediately denied by Florida Hospital and Orange County health officials, who claimed in a press conference, "There have been no confirmed cases of swine flu by the CDC in Central Florida."

Technically, that may be true. The CDC takes time to independently confirm swine flu infections in its own labs, as it does not recognize anyone else's lab results. During this time, even though doctors treating the patient may have independently confirmed a swine flu infection on their own, hospitals and health authorities can deny the existence of any "confirmed" cases of swine flu.

This appears to be the case in Florida, as an email from Dr. Loran D. Hauck, the chief medical officer of Florida Hospital, seemed to leave no doubt. That email, dated April 28, 2009, said, "A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit."

Remarkably, a Florida Hospital spokesperson said in a press conference they "have not talked to the chief medical officer about this [email]."

Wouldn't that be a good idea? Talking to the chief medical officer before talking to the public would seem to make good sense, especially since the entire reason the press conference was called was to respond to concerns about that doctor's email

www.naturalnews.com...

The whole CDC/WHO "confirmation" and "suspected" thing is killing me here. Just as I believe there have been so many more deaths than "confirmed" in Mexico due to lack of lab kits and prior desire to test those with "respritory failure" (as reported by the BBC, among others) I do not think we are getting the whole story here..the real numbers are stuck in piles of paperwork I suppose, IMHO of course.

So why a coverup?

This is an easy one.
Tourism.
Florida can't survive without it!
And we're talking Disney World here. It's supposed to be the "Happiest Place on Earth", you know.

Accordingly, the tactic seems to be to deny any infection by citing CDC language, saying "There have been no confirmed cases of swine flu by the CDC in Central Florida."

...which is completely different from saying there is no swine flu in Central Florida. But as long as the CDC lab results aren't in, Florida health officials can stand by this line and delay any admission of swine flu infections.

But was there really a swine flu infection, or not?

The real question here is even simpler than you might think: Why would the chief medical officer of a hospital invent a fictitious email claiming a tourist had swine flu?

I can think of no reason whatsoever why he would do that. In fact, odds are that the chief medical officer was telling the truth and now hospital and county health authorities are backpedaling in an attempt to try to convince people there is no swine flu in Florida.

And I would completely agree with the authors point of view.

This could be happening elsewhere folks....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Im not defending what is happening but:

1) there is a lag from when s suspected case is brought in and its confirmed as H1N1. Not every hospital has the ability to detect it and they have to be sent out which you can imagine the few places doing it are inundated

2) There is a lag between a hospital reporting a case and the CDC posting it. They should be able to call up and the number changes but it does take a bit to work thorugh the system.

3) ANYBODY with flu like symptoms is a "suspected" case untill proven otherwise. We are treating anybody as if they have it.

4) Every test has a percentage of false positives / negative. They have to confirm each postive test

know we're probably "Swine Overwhelmed" at this point here on ATS but I couldn't help but bring this up.

No me, I trust my fellow ATS members a whole hell of alot mroe that i trust the government or media
Are there alot of topics? yes, but each one is relevant and helps desiminate info

[edit on 4/29/09 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
The Disney Enterprise is a very powerful feifdom that has almost complete authority and jurisdiction over most of Osceola and Orange Counties in Central Florida.

It was the deal they struck in committing to developing the area with their original Theme Park and while some locals like to say Disney is above Law...Disney is for all intents and purposes per their contract that established them in the area...THE LAW.

Now if Disney says that there is no confirmed case of Swine Flu there is no confirmed case of Swine Flu and believe me if the Director for the Centers of Disease Control doesn't understand that and hopes to place himself or a friend or a loved one on a Disney Ride someday and get back off of it with all their fingers and toes...they too will see that there are no confirmed cases of Swine Flu in Disney World...because it's the Happiest Place on Earth!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yes, the local media here was censured for reporting it but it is very widely believed to be true, the papers are driving the health departments nuts to get them to confirm it. They are not saying anything publicly to prevent a big scare because we are getting into the peak tourist season. We also have a very large immigrant Mexican population around here and they don't want to tip the cart I think, I spent some time in shopping centers today and complaints about "Mexicans" spreading disease and "illegals" getting free health care were a big topic. The last thing anyone wants is for someone to get a little carried away so close to Cinco de Mayo which they are hoping will pump money into the restaurants, they are closing left and right in this region.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Let me explain something. If you see 20 people go into a hospital with flu like symptoms. 20 people die, 7 are confirmed with the flu then wtf did the other 13 die from? You need to be MUCH more worried if they are coming in with flu symptoms but not being confirmed. That shows multiple strains, and if there are multiple strains we are in a lot of trouble. Its much more dangerous to have this thing out there mating with multiple strains. Multiple novel virii. Possibly even adapting a higher mortality rate.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You are correct. A family member worked there eight years ago when they hushed up a hepatitis outbreak in the food services division that was spread by foreign workers who did not wash their hands.

This is also the same company that was openly caught by the Health Dept. and a local tv station spreading body lice to employees by not cleaning character costumes between wearings. Then got caught again not using hot water when they did clean them, which allowed the condition to spread again.

The swine flu? They won;t admit it but somehow it will wind up in a cartoon!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Indeed, indeed.

If I could have made two threads on this I would have. They seemed to tie together however.

The first one would be titled "Florida Coverup" and the next would be titled "Can somebody please explain to me where on earth the CDC and WHO and whomever else get their statistical data from?"

For example:

Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO
www.smh.com.au...

????????????

But thats not even what the CDC says....

But thats not even what the doctors say....

Or the locals...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

The swine flu? They won;t admit it but somehow it will wind up in a cartoon!

Hey when life throws you lemons what better place to turn them into Oranges than in Florida Orange Country!

I am still laughing from that last line of yours! Best laugh I had all day...thanks my friend big star for you!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What about the family in South Carolina, who recently went to DISNEY WORLD, and now have "unconfirmed" swine flu?
Looks like the Mexico guy DOES have it. But.......after DAYS.....where is the report on HIM??? With so much concern, the CDC has had PLENTY of time to test this sample.
If you look up individual states, you will find many "suspected" cases going unreported.
Louisiana, Tennessee, North Carolina, Colorado......
And, although Alabama has briefly made the news, they are still not "on the list".

Last year, ( in February 2008) they were concerned about a "late flu outbreak" in FLORIDA.
It makes you wonder. They EXPECT 39,000.00 deaths per year from the flu. How many cases DURING FLU SEASON were "assumed" to be regular flu?
If this swine flu thing hadn't been brought up in Mexico, would we still assume everyone here, getting sick, just has the regular flu?

I have had 5 children and no one EVER took a sample for anything other than strep throat. Usually, they write a script and send you home without testing.

I hate that the economy sucks ( which is a whole other story the government is entirely responsible for). But what value do they have on human lives?
Perhaps we should remind them that dead people cant shop or pay taxes......

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I agree with the previous poster that posting the results to the CDC and WHO websites and behind.
I'm here in Michigan and we were just confirmed another case. So that's 2. If you look on the website, it lists one. What's interesting, and what they are not telling you is all the behind the scenes, the sheer number of speculation. here is a link from the local news.
The number of schools that are closing...The number of students under speculation...
I don't think we will ever find out the real numbers. Those in charge of this are too busy testing and confirming, then posting correct numbers. Is that an excuse to not inform? I don't think so, but people are people. I'm not sure if it's a conspricay or alternerative motives.. but I guess one never knows now-a-days
Here is the link
www.clickondetroit.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Florida health authorities declared a public health emergency, after two cases of swine flu were confirmed in Broward and Lee counties.

www.bizjournals.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well the news in South Florida is saying there is confirmed Swine Flu in Bonita Springs FL which is a bit down the highway from Disney but people make the commute from there every weekend to play.

I would say that the outbreak in Bonita Springs reported today could easily be related given the traffic between the 2 areas of South FL.

[edit on 5/1/2009 by UFOTECH]

new topics

top topics

join