It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor confirms the facts!! Important Info

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I understand that there were 36,000 deaths from the flu last year in this country alone. Why is there such a panic about this new flu? We should have been panicking last year when there were so many deaths from the flu. I think the media hype on the swine flu is quite alarming given the above - OR - there is something else going on here and the swine flu is just the cover for the real danger.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Not sure how much I believe of anything these days. LOL

Sorry for that, but anyway

My irritation? My son woke up this morning very sick, high temp, sore throat, coughing, sneezing and stomach ache. Obviously I kept him home from school. I called our local health dept. and was told basically "we don't know, and we don't test unless we have confirmed cases in our area".

So uhm, how do they get "confirmed" cases, if they don't test unless they have confirmed cases?

So anyway, I called our pediatrician, who then left me on hold for almost 30 minutes, I was then told they would call me back. Which they did, but I missed the call. Guess what they said on the message? Nothing about him being sick, it is like they completely forgot that part, but that we should wash our hands etc. NO SH*T

So I am taking care of him as I normally would when he gets sick, and being really ticked off at our local health department and my childs pediatrician.

So, I guess part of me agrees that their are probably many more cases of this flu going around than is really known. Especially as in our area, they are not testing for it unless they already have a confirmed case. Which we do have confirmed cases in our state, but not in our county.

So, whatever

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
1918 flu resulted in current lineage of H1N1 swine influenza viruses, study says

In 1918 a human influenza virus known as the Spanish flu spread through the central United States while a swine respiratory disease occurred concurrently. A Kansas State University researcher has found that the virus causing the pandemic was able to infect and replicate in pigs, but did not kill them, unlike in other mammalian hosts like monkeys, mice and ferrets where the infection has been lethal.

Found this on FluTrackers. For the study, the researchers used the 1918 pandemic virus and a 1930 H1N1 influenza virus for experimental infections in swine. The 1930 virus was chosen as a virus because it is thought to be a descendent of the 1918 virus, Richt said.

It is scheduled to come out in May, 2009...........

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMind88

It's about the ratios. There were 36,000 deaths.. but what, a million or so cases of regular flu? Most people who catch regular flu are going to be fine, unless they were already on the brink of death or have no access to health care.

Swine Flu has a much higher mortality rate than that. Also, it's a new virus. We have no immunity. That means it has the potential to spread much easier than other strains of the flu. The increased virulence could simply create more cases than our health care system can handle at a time, and that could delay medical attention to those who need it.

Lack of medical attention, of course, is yet another problem that might increase the death toll.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ok,

I really don't like these friend of a good friend that is an expert info sources.

It does not make anything more credible. I truly think this is a a bunch of fear mongering and people are digging for something that is not there.

Stop it.

This is all the media and people are talking about WTF!

reply to post by Champagne

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

DONT TAKE TAMIFLU WHAT KIND OF ADVICE IS THIS??!?! OMG!! they have been preparing tamiflu for years and then this happens and sales go up 600% and your going to take tamiflu? ARE YOU FRIGGIN RETARDED?

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! FROM ANY VACCINE!!!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Do research on Tamilflu, it's not a vaccine at all, in fact the active ingredient is Star of Anise. Tamiflu works by reducing convulsions and spasmodic reactions to flu, by calming the CNS.

Star of Anise is used in many Asian dishes.

Do a Google search for Star of Anise, Tamiflu active ingredients too.

Originally posted by daersoulkeeper

DONT TAKE TAMIFLU WHAT KIND OF ADVICE IS THIS??!?! OMG!! they have been preparing tamiflu for years and then this happens and sales go up 600% and your going to take tamiflu? ARE YOU FRIGGIN RETARDED?

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!! FROM ANY VACCINE!!!!!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
reply to post by OpenMind88

It's about the ratios. There were 36,000 deaths.. but what, a million or so cases of regular flu? Most people who catch regular flu are going to be fine, unless they were already on the brink of death or have no access to health care.

Swine Flu has a much higher mortality rate than that. Also, it's a new virus. We have no immunity. That means it has the potential to spread much easier than other strains of the flu. The increased virulence could simply create more cases than our health care system can handle at a time, and that could delay medical attention to those who need it.

Lack of medical attention, of course, is yet another problem that might increase the death toll.

anything to back up the whole "Swine Flu has a much higher mortality rate than that"? because i am not seeing it. of course you can not actually get into rates a week or two after an outbreak of anything, at least not reliable rates.

and we never have immunity to seasonal flu strains - it mutates on purpose to avoid those year after year.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well, the best I can do at the moment is wikipedia since I'm getting ready to get out, but:

In the U.S. during an average year, there are approximately 50 million cases of "normal" flu leading to around 36,000 deaths, mostly to extremely young, old, or frail persons, with a large percentage of those due to complications such as pneumonia.

en.wikipedia.org...

That's about 9 out of every 12,500 cases. By contrast, there's been 3,000 suspected cases of Swine Flu so far, with over 150 suspected deaths.

Now, take into account that those are only "suspected" deaths, and that so far all the deaths have been in Mexico. So I'm not saying "panic, panic!" I'm just saying be concerned. Wash your hands, stay healthy, the usual.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
this is a either a scare tactic or this virus is man made. This government thrives off crisis to support personal and political gains. Nothing add's up..How can someone say we are due for a pandemic and this is an emergency then in the same breath say this is nothing to be alarmed about? That is just utter bs in my opinion and everything that comes out of the MSM and The Barack Hussein Obama administration is an utter lie.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

this is extra ordinary, to my physician ear all of this

is plausible and more.

just forwarded to our infection control chief physician.

awaiting a reply.

the rx suggestions are priceless, and i have noted

many times before our hospital discussions about the

inadequate number of ventilators for just such an outbreak.

avoid crowds is right!

thank-you

dr. philip kousoubris

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri May 1 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I agree withe "do research" as you would/should with ANYTHING you take that is a controlled substance.
There have been some very nasty side-effects associated with Tamiflu.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by k4rma

it is different than the normal flu in that with normal flu you feel like you're going to die, with this flu you feel like you ARE dying.

Originally posted by Hashishian

dude whatever...you are not dying in fact almost noone is..

did i say i was dying? all i did was relate my previous experience with flu this year - in january when i got it i felt like i was gonna die but i had hope of getting better - this time around i felt like i was going to die with no hope of getting better...as a matter of fact a town 32 miles away from me has 2 confirmed cases just today, one of which they think may have resulted in the woman's death - i posted a thread about it, she had flu symptoms for a week and sought no medical help then died this morning...but hey no one is dying right?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by k4rma]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I checked out the site you referenced to, and contrary to what you have said, it has confirmation of the e-mail. His number is posted on the bottom. One person called that number, and confirmed the legitimacy of the aforementioned e-mail.

Godspeed
dillon

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste
reply to post by emsed1

I checked out the site you referenced to, and contrary to what you have said, it has confirmation of the e-mail. His number is posted on the bottom. One person called that number, and confirmed the legitimacy of the aforementioned e-mail.

Godspeed
dillon

Can you provide a link to this, please?? Thank you in advance........

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rma
kinda odd i found this - i used to live in the san marcos/wimberley area until about 5 yrs ago, now i live on the gulf coast of texas and my friend got back from mex like 3 weeks ago (before the flu broke), i shared a drink with him and 3 days later got sicker than a dog and was mad that i got the flu after flu season, especially when it had me down for a week during season!!! my girlfriend got it too, but she wasn't as bad as me. i thought it was allergies at first but the allergy meds only worked for like an hour or so, then i KNEW it was the flu. it had me down for about a week, all zombie-fied partly cuz i was sick and partly because i took everything i had to try and alleviate the symptoms but NOTHING WORKED. it is different than the normal flu in that with normal flu you feel like you're going to die, with this flu you feel like you ARE dying.

I got similar symptoms like that 10 years ago and been sick since.it is not as severe today as it used to be but seems like the bug is very reluctant to die.
I got it after concert of shade in world music theatre ; the theatre had no roof so they figured they can spray it without problem...
Yes the feel of dying is what I felt along with immense sweating, no fever,asthma like sumptoms ,caughing like crazy;

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

my chief of infection control at our large tertiary

clinic in ma told me "this is not a reliable source of information."

now i am even more intrigued. he gave no reassuring factoids.

once there is a who 6 with public place shutdown as mentioned no one will be speculating anymore.

thanks again for the best post on this i have seen so far!
dr phil

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri May 1 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I found this post interesting, but a few points:

-The first post (the email) was put on here after the media had reported the first death in the US, but rather than make mention of the death the email refers to the deceased as 'fighting for his life'

-The email continues further and towards the end suggests natural remedies to help avoid this flu: none can be known. At current natural remedies are by-and-large not easy to get credible information about, let alone treatment for a new disease.

-This physician in particular is an e.med doctor, he would need a private practice to have patients (as the post suggests, this email went out to patients)

The above does not make this email false, it just seems peculiar. Nonetheless, I trust the CDC and the WHO because they both fall under huge scrutiny--they receive nothing but high expectations. While the media might want to inflate reports, and the internet can perpetuate those claims, the WHO/CDC only benefit by reporting the truth. They certainly don't gain anything by reporting suspicions or falsehoods--such threaten to undermine the credibility of these agencies.

Nonetheless, this is a good time to keep abreast of mainstream news in other nations--which does not always have the same restraint seen the US news outlets. If they feel that the US is under-reporting or even hiding facts, they will almost certainly report it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

What isn't a reliable source of information? Are you referring to the email which began this thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join