It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor confirms the facts!! Important Info

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The INTERNET is breeding ground for sensationalism specially when it comes to betting on human gullibility, it happens all the time and now is prime time for chain letters and misguided information.

You are right and MAYBE that is what this is. Should I find out that is what this is, I will be the first to say sorry for passing on wrong information - you can bet on that!!

But my friend who sent it to me?? She NEVER sends emails until she checks the facts first. This is the only reason I posted it here. I do not want to look like an idiot, you know?? I just want the facts & in this day & age - in this country - facts are hard to come by.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This could all be based on mass hysteria anyways, thanks to the media.

People see this on the news, get a cough and suddenly think they have the swine flu.

My dad's a microbiologist, he told me all about how many people are coming in and asking to be checked for the flu because they don't feel well.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have to admit, when I read the first sentence my first thought was, “Oh great. What’s this whack job peddling?”
As I skimmed over the bullets I thought,” Ok. This is reasonable and useful info”.
But reading the details, I’d have to say it’s just a little over the top. I remember when I heard it hit level 5 and the kid in Texas was already dead. But that doesn’t mean the advice isn’t good.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Champagne

Somehow, it concerns me that an emergency room physician is into ‘karmic surgery’ and spiritual chants.

I could see where that might bother some people. But if he is an ER Physician he obviously works with meat and bone a lot. What would be wrong with someone wanting to heal your wounds physical, emotional or on a soul level ??? I see no ulterior motive in being spiritual. Just my humble opinion.

Kudos to the OP for posting this up. It appears to be reliable information and the kind of facts that we need to be aware of, regardless of the ultimate outcome of this biological event. I have experienced a bunch of friends who believe or do not believe this is something real. I asked naysayers to look up the words, imminent and pandemic and put them together. I guess my dots connect differently from much of the mass consumed public. Several of my good friends have called to say how flabberghasted they are over different reactions about H1N1 too!
I sure hope something Good comes out of all this.

Preparedness Not Paranoia !
Synth

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
kinda odd i found this - i used to live in the san marcos/wimberley area until about 5 yrs ago, now i live on the gulf coast of texas and my friend got back from mex like 3 weeks ago (before the flu broke), i shared a drink with him and 3 days later got sicker than a dog and was mad that i got the flu after flu season, especially when it had me down for a week during season!!! my girlfriend got it too, but she wasn't as bad as me. i thought it was allergies at first but the allergy meds only worked for like an hour or so, then i KNEW it was the flu. it had me down for about a week, all zombie-fied partly cuz i was sick and partly because i took everything i had to try and alleviate the symptoms but NOTHING WORKED. it is different than the normal flu in that with normal flu you feel like you're going to die, with this flu you feel like you ARE dying.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Err nm didnt see it was an email. Well seeing how we only have your word Ill read this and take it with a grain of salt.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]

The doctor confirms in publicly available records. If you don't know how to research then ...

Email is still archaic since we've had so many years to come up with issuing security envelopes and most people don't have them or care to use them even if they do have them. Encryption certificates and Verified return addresses have been around for nearly 15 years that I'm aware of...

Perhaps another conspiracy. Gov't discouraged security in the tech industry so they can read clear text emails...? Keep the public unaware of the GREAT security that's already available within almost every email program. (Not web based).

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

How do you think the good Doctor feels about you posting his private email and name in a public forum ? Hmm.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Im just saying guys if there is no source dont take it and run with it. Im usually the first to jump on someone for coming here saying this flu is a joke. But I also know we cant take everything as fact. I already knew what was in this email before it was posted. I just cant confirm a Dr said it. I stated 48 hours ago the same thing in this email to my family and friends. When the ventilators run out people will start dying.

Thats all Im saying guys, lets not state things not backed up as facts. We should know that by now atleast anyone having a history on this site.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

can i have permision to repost this on facebook?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

2 schools shutdown yesterday 5miles from me because 9 cases popped up in under 24 hours.

Read about the 1918 flu, how it started and how it got worse everytime they thought things were clear, bam more people spread it again, this went on for more than 2 years.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stinkhorn

On last night's local news: a school in Arundel, Maine has been shut down for a week because of H1N1 flu, and a daycare was temporarily closed as well, but I don't recall what town. Three confirmed cases in the state.

Yesterday, my daughter, a high school senior, brought home a letter to parents about the flu and it explained that if one of the students comes down with it, the school will be shut down for a week.

I reminded her as she went out the door this morning to wash her hands every chance she gets and don't share drinks with anyone. Not panicking, just quite concerned.

Also, I want to thank the OP for posting the information. Good to know, S&F!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Speaking of stocking up, be aware of a food spice that is actually the source of of the influenza prescription medication Tamiflu: That would be Chinese Star Anise, sold in larger grocery stores, although I buy the much much cheaper and fresher Chinese Star Anise sold at my nearby Indian market that imports a lot of dried food specialty items popular in India. Here is the link to a post of mine in the BTS Food and Cooking section which includes the recipes I know of so far for Chinese Star Anise:

www.ask.com...

Some influenza outbreaks linger for several months. In the case of the 1918 flu pandemic, it first broke out in the spring (like the current one), then it smoldered for months, and then a killer version erupted in August 1918. So it wouldn't hurt to make a few longer-term preparations, like in your food pantry, particularly when they taste good.

[edit on 4/30/2009 by Uphill]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What I find amazing is the fact that people think any of the facts they may find are true. Researching on the internet or listening to the MSM will get you all the valid and true info. Most of you are so misled. Someone tries to post something he received from a local Dr. and you bash him claiming that you in all your infinite wisdom do not see the source.....

If you think your government had a change of heart and decided to tell you the truth about this you are foolish. There are a lot more confirmed cases than reported, and Washington is making preparations of its own.

Protect your family, protect yourself. Better safe than sorry. if someone is trying to pass information to you it isn't to have you running in the streets as if the sky were falling. The things listed in the OP's post were good advice. If you choose not to take heed, don't try to make yourself a hero and bash them. In most cases you can't prove anything anyway. The motto of the site is Deny Ignorance, funny how that goes to the way side when something dangerous threatens your way of life. Nearly everyday you see people invalidating the media, yes on this case you are to take them at face value?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by k4rma

I am so glad you posted your experience. I was curious to how this flu was to have and you answered my questions. Did you have the distinctive hoarse voice? Did anyone else you know get it from you? I wonder if this will build up your immunity for the December release of this flu they announced today.

Today on all the media outlets they say this flu will subside in the summer and come back with a vengance in December and will be like the flu of 1918 (is that the right year?) anyway...I am glad you are feeling better.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
blue sky: i actually LOST my voice it got so hoarse from coughing and throwing up, my girlfriend and mom caught a milder version - mom takes allergy meds and other meds regularly so her immune system is probably good and my gf was taking anitbiotics prior due to an infection, so that may have helped them. as far as immunity goes i am not sure...

i also found that smoking marihuana was about the only thing that made me feel halfway better - it restored my appetite, eased my nausea and full body aches/shakes and made it possible for me to sleep - none of the other medications combined did that, they just turned me into a zombie.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by k4rma]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

If you live in an aera with a large Asian population check the bakeries, they use them in all sorts of sweets. A Cantonese friend always swore by them when anyone was coming down with a stomach bug, guess that is why. They will sooth the stomach at any rate, wish I had some now. I;m down with something and feel like a truck hit me.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

A Vietnamese chef I used to buy from swore by tamarind as well, she put it in food whenever a customer said they were sick because it boosts the immune system.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I have not been a member long enough with enough posts to do the u2u email. Could you please email me the copy. Thanks so much. I am wavering in my opinion right now as to whether the media is over reacting or there is something that they know and are not telling us. I pray that it is the fomer rather than the latter. Still waiting to hear from my sister who is in the health care field as to what her briefing on Monday was about. The only thing of note that she said was that employees were reminded of their responsibility to be at work in case this gets worse even if they have family members sick their first obligation was to their job. She asked a coworker in the paking lot where she would be if someone in her family were ill at home or at work and they both agreed their first obligation was to care for their own family. I think most people feel this way. It is not insensitive to the needs of others just human. Anyway, thanks for passing on the email

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Based on the photos this Mexican journalists is posting I can promise you there are a hell of a lot more dead people in Mexico than you''ve been told. The Dr's and nurses don't dress up like that for something that only killed 7 people.....

Twitter Photos

We decided to load up the family and go to the kid's Dr to be tested, my wife and I are both progressing from a bad cold to flu symptoms as of last night and our youngest has a sore throat.

I woke up today with a fever and everything taste really funny, I feel sick as hell, I haven't felt this sick since I almost died of pneumonia when I was 15. I've kept everyone inside since last week, I went to the store very late at night and wore gloves, used lysol on everything before bringing it in and so on. My wife sent my daughter to school against my wishes and I'm willing to bet now that she brought the flu home.

If we can get everyone started on the tamiflu they'll be OK but if it progresses to pneumonia I'm probably done for. I've been told I won't survive round two with that one.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
that's how it started with me eco, ur taking the right precautions - hope everything turns out ok for yall....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join