It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
These WHO levels are not levels created to induce higher levels of panic. They are not 'We are doomed!' levels. They are pretty much just a tool for the bureaucracy of different countries, to let them know when they should be taking further steps. And even being level 6 I don't think, will mean what people think (martial law, forced non-public meetings, etc).

This so far is much ado about nothing. It has a kill rate of 0%. I think there was more to the Mexico outbreak we are not hearing about. I find both their massive drop in casualties, and the the fact they have them at all, versus countries where symptoms are 'very mild' is very suspicious.

A regular flu hits worse than this thing it seems. At worse it's your average flu. Unless it mutates or something, there is no need to panic.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I have a question to those that believe this is an engineered crisis - this flu was intentionally released

AND

who also believe that it is being over hyped in the media.

Why would the NWO crowd release an virus with a low mortality rate if they want fear to spread so that they can control us and implement more of their plans. Do they care about us? Why not just make it lethal - that way it will really scare us.

Could it be, and I really don't know, that they are trying to make us think they are just hyping it and its really not all that bad - making it spread worse as no precautions are taken?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

possibly, except cows swinging axes pose a higher mortality rate than some swine flu. Also, wouldn't someone need to kill Diablo Cheney first?

i dispatched a news reporter, he dropped a mal rune

love and peace

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Dr Doug Quarry, medical director, Pandemic Preparedness with International SOS, which has been providing great updates on the crisis so far. This is what he has to say:

"Swine flu is a mild or moderate disease, the minimum death rate is thought to be 0.1% of those infected."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You need to look at the technology in 1918 before you compare it to 2009

Dont fall for the hype

[edit on 2-5-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'll second what GreenBicMan said, and add that in 1918 it was not the flu that killed all those people. If you have kids, you probably have some experience with strep...that's what they believe really killed most in that pandemic, secondary strep infections. Strep is easily treated now, not so in 1918. Here's an article from FOX news about it that was written in Feb. of this year, before this frankenstein lab flu popped up....

Strep infections and not the flu virus itself may have killed most people during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which suggests some of the most dire predictions about a new pandemic may be exaggerated, U.S. researchers said on Thursday.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I have to agree with you on the secondary infections being the true killer. What worries me is that antibiotics have been so widely prescribed that when it comes down to a life or death situation antibiotics might not work.

I did non-emergency medical transport I took many people to the Dr. with the flu 100% of the time they came out with a script for antibiotics. I couldn't figure out why these people who went to the Dr. for every runny nose and scratch were developing complications needing antibiotics every time they got the flu. I would catch their flu and get over it with Nyquil.

I hate antibiotics they tear me up. Hmmm I never go to the Dr. and my flu runs it's course they go all the time and have secondary infections needing meds. Is this overuse of antibiotics lowering people's resistance? Couldn't this in itself cause this new flu to be worse in those that have been over prescribed antibiotics?

Great thread

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
Is this overuse of antibiotics lowering people's resistance? Couldn't this in itself cause this new flu to be worse in those that have been over prescribed antibiotics?

You're right about the overuse of antibiotics, in humans as well as our livestock. Nobody should be asking their doctor for antibiotics unless they actually have an infection that needs it. Flus and colds are viruses and antibiotics are worthless in those cases, yet some docs give patients what they ask for anyway. Most healthy adults don't need antibiotics for strep and such, we should always give our immune systems the chance to do what they are supposed to, not run to the doc as if the doc is our immune system. There have been some antibiotic resistant infections that have sprung up, but they don't have a big chance of spreading because they aren't geared to spread like viruses and the ones that are too deadly don't just hang out unnoticed in the body for people to spread around. Viruses and infections that kill hard and fast, die hard and fast.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You've got to go to the gun store first, *THEN* barricade yourself in the mall... everybody always gets that backwards for some reason; and remember, remove or destroy the head, or they don't really die. I recommend buckshot.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
In all fairness it seems as if its dam if you do and dam if you don’t. If they carried on as if it were business as usual, then people would say “why doesn’t the government do something” like Katrina. If they sound the alarm and tell people to take precautions, people claim it is a hoax or some alternative agenda. If they are hiding anything I think it is what caused it to occur in the first place. I read an article today about a man who had this flu and was upset because he could not have champagne with his birthday cake. People need to get a grip. No one wants their daily routine out of whack, but, sometimes it is.

I say be prepared, food, water maybe some herbal remedies, etc. Take precautions as advised and as common sense dictates and maybe the Tamiflu will not even enter the picture.

It is global and it did not start in the U.S. so how could it be a U.S. government/FEMA agenda/conspiracy?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

well, to my understanding, if someone were to intentionally spread a viris out just for world domination, they would do it with a less lethal dosage first, and then up it as time goes on. because if you give a lethal dosage upfront, yeah, people are going to die, but they will point fingers and give blame.. so, to make it seem like it was a natural process that the virus came out, they would give less lethal dosages first, then the more that time passes, the more lethal the dosage becomes.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
they should probably closed the borders and bust out the T virus...
Swine Flu and other Diseases and Pandemics » So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 2 cents

I think its a mix, from biolabs that # up (Baxter sending cotaminated vaccine abroad), bioweapons being developed and the proliferation of such substances to keeping livestock in a substandard environment and then feeding them antibiotics so they dont die from disease but they become immune to antibiotics (we are eating that #, or some of us do). It could even be a gene modified breed of pigs that has a dna deficiency.

[edit on 2009/5/6 by reugen]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
well now we get to see don't we?
2nd line

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I expect everything to shut down, mandatory vaccinations for the populace along with restricted trave, ....you know martial law.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think they just did, wait......O.K. listening to the radio now and they just said it again on CNN News radio. "WHO declares swine flu a pandemic." Ya'll tune to your CNN radio channel and you'll hear it. God help us all!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And the panicing begins.

I think there will be:

No travel restritions.
No martial law.
No mandatory vaccinations - we'll probably have more than one available, and highly recommended we get them.
After an initial blurb with the media, this will again die down to a low simmer until this fall, where it will get legs again.

I also expect:

It will spread further, and the mortality rate will be very low.
It will not mutate. People keep assuming since 1918 flu mutating this one must. Well, the scientist who discovered and figured how how to beat the Sars (and others as well), have pretty much said... it's always a possibility of such a mutation, but the chance is exceptionally low.

I guess you can also panic about a giant space worm making a detour by our planet and swallowing it whole, but you know.. that's not likely to happen either.

I would say that until there is a reason to panic further, there is no need to panic now.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join