It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
As some are saying "This is just the flu". The last time I heard, the flu only kills .001 % of its hosts.

Isn't virus is killing nearly 10% of its hosts with no immediate healthcare?
Sounds like something more serious then the average flu to me.

Here is some perspective. Do the math. From WHO home page.

Every year, there are about 250 million malaria cases and nearly one million deaths.

Percent that die .004

Flying-Pig Flu in Mexico reports 3000 people sick and 180 dead

Percent that die .06

If 250 million people catch this Flying-Pig flu nearly 15 million could die.

(That is 15 times more lethal than malaria BASED on what Mexico has reported so far.)

And on simple flu death rates of 36,000 every year in the USA, we also have 36-50 MILLION that get sick.

The math says the percent that die from simple flu is .001 to .00072 (very few in proportion.)

In addition, if you take the ratio for regular flu and multiply the number of dead from Flying-Pig flu we SHOULD expect to see 180,000 sick people at that rate. So where are the sick?

OK, the final ratio. If this were a simple flu for the 3,000 reported sick we would expect Three (3) total dead so far. Any one seeing a problem here?

It is such a difficult thing I am about to write. . . I want to discover that Mexico is under reporting by hundreds of thousands of sick people. So we know it is less deadly.

If Mexico is reporting the truth this is a very, very dangerous flu. So one asks why would they under report?

Mass panic. The people will panic if so many people are falling ill, or they will panic if few are ill but it is deadly. So instead they misinform and stall. The problem with that is the WHO must report and track something.

Mexico says it is tapering off today. Don’t you believe it! People are hunkering down at home and will avoid the hospitals until they need to be carried in at this point. In their minds at this time entering the hospital is like entering a virus proving ground. They are a place of last resort.

I expect level 6 Pandemic by Monday in my timeline. So many people are too busy to notice still, so the panic in the states will be more fear and confusion than panic. This should also squash those pesky Tea Party’s of late. We don’t want an organized revolution; we need fear, division, and confusion. That will hold this republic in place just enough. However, we must be sure medical staff, military, and civic workers all survive to keep the infrastructure operating for the New America. Anything is possible at that point. Pray the internet does not collapse over the weekend; we are going to need it.

PS my state Governor issued a Medical Emergency for us this afternoon with only one reported illness. One person in a city of a million.

What does he know about the flu that you don't?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!
It is such a difficult thing I am about to write. . . I want to discover that Mexico is under reporting by hundreds of thousands of sick people. So we know it is less deadly.

If Mexico is reporting the truth this is a very, very dangerous flu. So one asks why would they under report?

Mass panic. The people will panic if so many people are falling ill, or they will panic if few are ill but it is deadly. So instead they misinform and stall. The problem with that is the WHO must report and track something.

Mexico says it is tapering off today. Don’t you believe it! People are hunkering down at home and will avoid the hospitals until they need to be carried in at this point. In their minds at this time entering the hospital is like entering a virus proving ground. They are a place of last resort.

I expect level 6 Pandemic by Monday in my timeline. So many people are too busy to notice still, so the panic in the states will be more fear and confusion than panic. This should also squash those pesky Tea Party’s of late. We don’t want an organized revolution; we need fear, division, and confusion. That will hold this republic in place just enough. However, we must be sure medical staff, military, and civic workers all survive to keep the infrastructure operating for the New America. Anything is possible at that point. Pray the internet does not collapse over the weekend; we are going to need it.

PS my state Governor issued a Medical Emergency for us this afternoon with only one reported illness. One person in a city of a million.

What does he know about the flu that you don't?

I also think that they are under reporting by a long chalk.

The maths is simple (go watch "the most important video you'll ever see about exponentials on you tube).

If you create a spreadsheet & in the left hand column start at 1 & run it down to say 15 (these are days)

Now in the right hand column start with a number 1 on day 1 - these are the number of infected people.

Now, assume that this highly contagious strain that is in one of the most densly populated places on Earth is only being spread by an exponential of 3 - that is:

the person on day 1 infects ONLY 3 people
On day 2 each of those 4 people (the 1 original & the 3 new ones) infect a further 3 people each, etc.

How many people are infected after 10 days?

Answer: Over 262,000 people!!!

Remember, the symptoms dont present until maybe 5 days!!

This is if they infect JUST 3 PEOPLE EACH PER DAY! (most families have 3 people +, and if they have kids they go to school, etc, etc) - this in a city with over 22 MILLION people!!

Plus, add to that the fact that you have people from around the World who have contracted the diease from all over Mexico, and already passed it on themselves. It isn't limited to Mexico city alone.

It must be incredibly contagious, and I think the number of people suffering from it, especially in Mexico, must be substantially higher than the 3000 or whatever it is thats being reported.

Hence why they're practically shutting down MC.

As for the number of deaths, who knows?

But I suspect it's far, far higher than reported.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Power_Semi]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I agree with what some people have said. Close schools and most public places for a week or two. That way, most people who are infected will show symptoms and will be able to know to get treated, instead of incubating and still spreading it.

I have a sore throat and stuff because I always get spring viruses and my immune system is awful so, I mean, given the fact that schools seem to be breeding grounds... I think this would just be a good idea for me personally. Not TOO many cases here, though.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is one thing that you need to keep in mind as you read/hear about the potential of a deadly pandemic here.

Notice that the fear is being ramped up to the highest possible level.
In spite of aparently low numbers of sick there are extreme measures being taken.
At this moment the whole world is being traumatized with fear.

KNOW THIS:
While fear has the complete attention of your conscious mind,
your subconscious mind is wide open to suggestion.

And just what suggestions are being poured into your gullible, unquestioning subconscious mind?
Your guess is as good as mine and I don't think any of us will come up winner on this one.
Are we going to happily embrace the NWO?
Are we going to happily "donate" to huge new taxe increases?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And just what suggestions are being poured into your gullible, unquestioning subconscious mind?
Your guess is as good as mine and I don't think any of us will come up winner on this one.

Donate!? Hell they already cleaned us out.

Agreed. Just think, about 3 weeks ago I was upset hearing each member of my family "owes" $100k in taxes for the saving of our economy. I don't even care today; we just want to survive this with our little ones alive. Anyone else given up on looking at your 401k statements?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Exactly. Anybody else see an almost obvious deal between the big players in the economy and the big pharma companies? Take away that pesky spotlight for the crooks and get some big profits for the pharma companies. The regular flu isn't scary enough anymore, no matter how many it kills, they tried that already with that shortage i think, so they would need a new one.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What happens is a smoke screen is set to have a Bank Holiday in the guise of a National Emergency, meanwhile the dollar begins to be dumped. Dire economic news is overlooked, and people no longer worry about their money rather their lives.

Like smashing your hand with a hammer to relieve a tooth ache.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just as soon as it hits level 6 and I see the majority of people walking around in washington state with face masks on, I will force my employer to put me on vacation, and I will yank my kids out of school. I will not go shopping, I will live on the food in the pantry. I have had the flu recently last month so I will hope I have a partial immunity.

I am not sure on how many levels their are, but if FEMA starts going door to door and yanking out the infected and sending them to (insert place here) than I will truly be freaked out and start downloading threads from the survival forum. They could come in handy some day by some that I have read. And yes, it just might be a regular flu, but the media and government is saying this is serious , and when they get serious they get down to business, be it clean or dirty.

This flu media thing is actually getting interesting to follow. I bet advertisers are banking on this.

Good luck to all.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Very interesting point, listen carefully to the presidency in the coming days/weeks. He will have a plan,cure, way to save the country, or some strange plan that will not be popular, and he will beg all citizens to be with him with his decision. That just might be what all of this is for.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

My friend Dee lives in North Carolina and happens to be a LPN. She's pretty well convinced WHO will ramp the level up in the next 72 hours. She says people are coming in "after having a loud fart or an itchy butt" (her words not mine) and madness is beginning to manifest itself in the general populace. As to what level 6 involves, she can't really say. It's not classified it's just no one is going to know until it drops. They have guidelines but those are public from what i know. But hey, if level 6 happens we will be the first to know what it's like.

Is this some kind of uber-level? Like cow level?

[edit on 30-4-2009 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

On my way to work today, I had the radio on, and it had a special broadcast.

"If your child has any of the following symptoms, it's possible they have swine flu,'' So i turned it up "Irritability, Bluish skin, nausea, isn't talking to you (the parents) seems confused, unmotivated."

I thought oh dear god! If your child is irritable, im guessing 99% of kids are toward there parents, then they assume it's swine flu, yep mass hysteria here it comes!

I feel bad for hospital personnel, that's got to be an awful job for this season!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I am more afraid of being out of work for a week or two than I am of getting swine flu. The flu I can suffer through, but I cannot recover at this time from a 2 week no income period. It would set off a chain reaction that would result in absolute chaos for my home.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Doesn't the events of the last 8 1/2 years seem eerily similar to the plot of "V for Vendetta"?

What I mean is this, we have 9/11, Spain, London, and sadly can't think of the other major terrorist attacks worldwide. This sets the extreme right wing into motion, police state(Patriot Act, DHS). The definition of "terrorist" is so loose that just about anybody can be one. A massive effort by the gov't and media to split the country down the middle along party lines. If you're a liberal and against the war, you're a traitor, communist, whatever. If you're for the war then you're a Patriot and support our troops.

That's the major effort of affecting conditioning on the population. Next hang the color coded terror threat level and jerk your emotions around with that for a while. As a side note to the last, it seemed the terror alert level was raised when Bushes poll numbers were down.

Never ending war with mounting casualties, terror attacks world wide, terror level going up and down. With this distracting you the banks plan the largest theft in human history. Knowing full well these "Complex Derrivatives" and such were highly risky and doomed to fail, they had to have known that the gov't wouldn't allow the banking system to fail. This made a lot of people very rich.

Well isn't it a coincidence that Chrysler going bankrupt is pretty muck 9th page news. I believe this to be the tip of the iceberg in terms of bankruptcies. The bailouts aren't working and there's nothing left to do. There's no more money to borrow as every nation is taking a pounding and banks are being tighter than patients at the proctologists. There needs to be something else to blame and hide the fact that gov'ts worldwide racked up Billions and Trillions of dollars respectively in debt and it didn't stop anything. We're going to see how deep the rabbit hole gets.

What all of the above has to do with this thread is that we are being conditioned. I never even heard of that WHO pandemic alert system until this week. It's just remeniscent of the "Terror Alert System" in the US.

With people being told to stay home not travel, not go to work if you have symptoms. How many people are going to use this as an excuse to take a week off work? I don't disagree that it has the potential to be devastating. What a lot of people aren't taking into effect is that Mexico City has horrible air quality. Most residents have some sort of lung/respiratory problem. This virus would obviously be more deadly to someone already immuno-suppresed fighting various afflictions. Until autopsies are done on the victims and corralated for common traits or patterns we won't know how bad it will be.

The conspiracy bone in my body is telling me that this is being used to cover and ultimately be the blame for the drastic worsening of the economy. With nothing left in the Treasury to throw at the problem and not being able to print more money for fears of outright destroying the US dollar. The blame will be shifted and fear used once again to hide gov't stupidity at using the taxpayer to reward further stupidity be bailing out businesses that took massive gambles and lost. They're shareholders and creditors should have taken the fall and maybe a lesson might have been learned.

Sorry to kind of post of topic, however until more is known and a better cross section of the world's population is diagnosed than one that already has respiratory problems to begin with? Then if the mortality rate stays the same, then I will worry. Not to belittle the deaths that have occured. It is a true tragedy. I feel however that the WHO jumped the gun and is causing un-necessary panic. We need more data on the other cases to see if the virus is especially deadly to people with lung/respiratory issues. If so than those that are heathly may get a bad flu but won't die. THe death part of it is getting too hyped up in the media and is causing panic.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well it looks like my state may join the list of states with confirmed cases, maybe today. We have nine probable cases and they've closed a school in Rockville until further notice.

A few days ago I heard that there was possible cases in AA county, which is where I'm at BTW. So my brothers girlfriend has two young kids and she hears that someone at the kids school might have it. I can't confirm or deny what she's saying but in her panic she wants to put the kids on a plane and send them to their father "just to be safe" Well that's irresponsible if you ask me. If they've possibly been exposed why send them out to possibly infect others?

I'm on the fence about this. Part of me thinks the whole story is being over hyped but reading this and other threads I wouldn't be surprised if it is worse then they're letting on. I just don't know. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'll be staying away from crowded places for now.

edit: I thought I should add for what it's worth, that my other brother and my sister returned from a cruise on the 19th, just a few days before Carnival said they would stop going to Mexico. One of their stops was in Mexico, I believe it was Cozumel. They said nothing about anyone being sick, there or on the ship.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by bigern]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm not saying I believe in this whole swine flu thing, I'm still taking in the facts, but "if" this swine flu thing is as bad as some people say, with the mortality and infection rates going up and all, does anyone think that this may be a population control device? think of it this way: swine flu just seemed to start spreading out of nowhere, but who's to say it wasn't planted? maybe, a company, or a group of company's have been working on this flu for years, as to make it such a deadly and contagious virus, that the mortality rate would be great. They also have the antidote for this deadly virus, but gave it out only to important people in governments around the world, and to a percentage of the population, as so to control the population, by killing off over half of it, and fooling the rest into thinking a global economy and government is the best thing.. it would seem to be the best cover.. remember, fear is the best motivator..

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Melissa101

I know what you mean i am seriously thinking about pulling my 10 year old out of school till this all blows over! I have a 6 month old baby and we all made sure we had our regular flu shot to protect the baby, seeing as there isn't anything they can do to protect him from it but that, and now there is a super flu! Screw that!

They are not telling us everything! I know someone from FEMA and he gets gov. e-mails all day long about this! He has stressed to us to keep our hands washed and don't go anywhere if you don't need to and to stay away from anyone that seems sick! He also stated the government and news channels ARE NOT telling us everything and a lot more people have died then they are talking about! I am scared for my baby and 10 year old the most.

We better hope to hell they don't declare marshal law because if that happens we are all screwed, but i think that is the governments agenda anyway!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar and Eileen Sullivan
WASHINGTON (AP) ―

If the Mexico swine flu becomes a global pandemic, the routines and comforts of daily life would vanish in the blink of an eye. Small towns and big cities alike would go into a protective crouch.

2 MILLION DEAD

The worst case scenario, according to U.S. government planners: Two million dead. Hospitals overwhelmed. Schools closed. Swaths of empty seats at baseball stadiums and houses of worship. An economic recovery snuffed out.

We're nowhere close to that.

Read: Questions, Answers About Swine Flu

But government leaders at all levels, and major employers, have spent nearly four years planning for the worst in a series of exercises. Their reports, as well as interviews with policymakers, paint a grim picture of what could happen if the swine flu gets severely out of control.

90 MILLION COULD GET SICK

A full-scale pandemic -- like the 1918 Spanish flu -- would sicken 90 million Americans, or about 30 percent of the population. It could claim the lives of about 2 percent of those infected, about 2 million people, according to government experts.

To put that in perspective, the regular flu causes about 30,000 deaths each year.

'KILLER FLU' POTENTIAL

"This may or may not be the killer flu," said Kim Elliott, deputy director of the Trust for America's Health, and independent public health group.

"But it certainly does seem to have that potential, because it's a novel virus."

HOW A PANDEMIC WORKS

A pandemic moves with explosive speed and comes in successive waves. That's why planners start with the worst case.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I got that information from here.
wbztv.com...

This would also cause a food shortage, I don't think many people would be working. Some people who could work would probably be ordered to. Just to keep everything running as well as can be expected.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelsoftheapocalypse
... does anyone think that this may be a population control device?

The ultimate population control device....... but is this engineered ?
Human ingenuity has allowed us to circumvent "natural" population inhibitors with antibiotics etc. Leading to higher birth rates & longer life expectancies.

We have keep one step ahead ........ so far.

A lot of the diseases which killed humans in great numbers , came from humans living in close proximity to their livestock . Smallpox ,flu,T.B,etc etc.
They had quite a dynamic role in shaping the world we live in .

..smallpox, measles, flu, typhus; later, diphtheria, malaria, mumps, pertussis, plague, TB, and yellow fever) decimated up to 95% or more of the Mississippian Indians, Peruvians, Mexico Indians, etc.
Khoisan, Pacific Islanders, and Aboriginal Australians were also decimated by imported diseases.
Only syphilis may have traveled from New to Old World .

source

==============================================

Modern cities , with large numbers of humans in close proximity to one another ,with an international airport ...... diseases can be half way round the world before you know it.

The exclusively human epidemic diseases all require large numbers of closely packed people (i.e., millions) in order to be sustained by shifting from one area to another, and are called "crowd" diseases--they could not arise in small hunter-gatherer cultures

source

==============================================

: Has this been engineered by man to kill on a worldwide scale ?

Anyone engaged in such an act would need to be certain they could control it , and with any mutating virus ~ what you successfully control today , may not be the same virus 12 months , but it might of done its work by then.

When we allow any corporation profit from such a calamity befalling humanity , i fear that there might just be some faceless corporate entity willing to sacrifice my life for wealth & power.

It may be irrational but i fear the `human element` more than any viral organism .

There have always been humans willing to profit from the deaths of their fellow man ~ but in the modern world ~ such a macabre scheme, utilizing modern science, could have an efficiency that would dwarf any "final solution" .

[edit on 1-5-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
oops wrong thread

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Burginthorn]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join