It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Australian Governments special powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The Australian Government has given the chief medical officer special powers to detain and quarantine people suspected of having the potentially fatal swine flu. With little information on how the new virus acts or how it transmits, scientists are now working overtime to develop a vaccine

www.abc.net.au...

What more has to be said? detain and quarantine on suspicion of swine flu.
What ever you do people, don't put pepper on your food in public in case you sneeze, they will drag you away kicking and screaming and probably give you a vaccine just to be sure.
poor spelling edit

[edit on 29-4-2009 by munkey66]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To be honest I would have thought that a few more people would have something to add to this in reguards to what is happening in their communities.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I live on the gold coast and honestly, nothing has changed. No one is wearing mask's, everyone is fine and healthy. Just remember, we have a free health care system, unlike america, so it really is as big a threat to us as we all have free help available. Meh, not really too concerned. Not that i don't care, but i'd rather spend my day doing stuff i want rather than staying at home incase on some off chance i get this Flu.

The australian government? They are just trying to protect us. They have been told by the WHO to do this screening and so they are, to prevent this disease from coming into Aus and blocking up our hospitals.

Remember the flu scare we had a couple of years back around ekka time? I was more worried about that than this.

Cherry

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Do you mind munkey... I had to finish my lunch (sans pepper) before replying.

I have a few 'choice' words to say about how the Australian Government is treating this. Yesterday morning ABC radio informed listeners that the appropriate thermal imaging equipment, and rescources had been sent to all international airports. But they said that there was not need to employ that technology or level of quarantine yet.

My view is that if you have the quipment an recsources at the ready, why not turn it on? It is stupid to not use something you have when there is a slight risk of stopping this thing before it gets more serious.

If they use it and pickup a case before the thermal scanners 'should' be deployed then good... If they do not detect anything, then all they have wasted is a set of batteries.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tim.vic.au

I don't think they want to turn it on until after we get a few confirmed cases, just as the US borders remain open to mexico, the Australians will keep letting infected people through so as they can increase the threat to us.
Strange that we have so many illegals trying to make it to Australia right now, are they going to be the fall guys when we get a Western Australian case of an un explained flu.

As much as the media are hyping this up, it looks as though the goverment is dragging it's feet while at the same time giving the impression of actually doing something.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
well in all honesty we here in Oz arn't no where near as paranoid as the rest of the world so it dosn't suprise me one bit that people arn't running around in a mad panic buying up medical masks etc.....

Id just like to see them try and drag me off under their 'new powers'

This is just a false flag prep operation for the major epidemic coming in the next few years anyway so I wont be getting jabs or anything like that....

I work in a major shopping center chain here in Newcastle and they have just implemented major evac plans for the event of flu outbreak as stated by the head office....

So seems people are getting sucked into it.....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tim.vic.au

Absolutely correct, Nicola Roxon must have rocks in her head not to be authorizing the use of the scanners.

Countries like Turkey are even using them. All that people have do is walk past them.

I would have thought enacting powers to detain people were a lot more drastic than seeing if people are actually sick without any direct interaction.

About Australia's laid back attitude, I'm actually annoyed by the amount of people that don't even read any news whatsoever here.

There was an Aussie guy on TV last night coming back from Mexico responding to a question asking him what he thought about people there wearing masks:

"Nah, we just thought it was 'cause of the smog n' stuff, hey."

Gold!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent

Id just like to see them try and drag me off under their 'new powers'

I don't, because no one will help you as you are dragged away kicking and screaming.
People just close the curtains if they hear a fight, so if the authorities are coming for you, you stand no chance.

I work in a major shopping center chain here in Newcastle and they have just implemented major evac plans for the event of flu outbreak as stated by the head office....

So seems people are getting sucked into it.....

How does one evacuate for a flu outbreak?
do alarms go off when someone coughs with big arrows pointing at them saying "Infected"?

Those countries that have not turned on their scanners will more than likely be the same countries who are giving out handfulls of money in stimulous packages to their populations.

We can only do what we are told to do, and If we are not given the go ahead from the US, we cannot act.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I just came back from the supermarket (in Melb) and was amazed by the amount of people sneezing and coughing around me. I almost wish I had one of those medical face masks.

Yes I'm paranoid, too much time on ATS, I think

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by yizzel

I would prefer they had the face masks to stop the spread.

I used to see Japanese tourists all the time with face masks and thought they where paranoid about germs.
It took me a little while to catch on that they didn't want to spread what they had.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well without going into too much detail the email stated that if the word was given and this was implemented in the shopping centres, and there was evidence of people bieng sick etc within the centre, we have to contact security & Cente Managment and have the entire place evacuated and various emergency services called......

all a bit full on for me and spent some of the day talking to the security guys about what I had heard on C2C with Alex Jones and company about this bieng a ton of hype in prep for something bigger further along in the future.... to which there was much s'n-word'eing and Mulder jokes which I found kinda amusing...

but who really knows....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

That's very thoughtful of the Japanese, I just assumed that they where paranoid about germs. Just goes to show.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck
I live on the gold coast and honestly, nothing has changed. No one is wearing mask's, everyone is fine and healthy. Just remember, we have a free health care system, unlike america, so it really is as big a threat to us as we all have free help available. Meh, not really too concerned. Not that i don't care, but i'd rather spend my day doing stuff i want rather than staying at home incase on some off chance i get this Flu.

The australian government? They are just trying to protect us. They have been told by the WHO to do this screening and so they are, to prevent this disease from coming into Aus and blocking up our hospitals.

Remember the flu scare we had a couple of years back around ekka time? I was more worried about that than this.

Cherry

hey cherry where abouts do you live in the gold coast, i live there as well
anyway yeh nothings changed but i think things will happen in the course of the next few weeks

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
they are currently looking for 2 tourists in Queensland who where on the same flight as the New Zealand people infected.

They have now turned on the thermal imaging to look for people with a fever, even though the virus apparently can sit in the body and incubate for 2 days before showing the first signs of flu.

new topics

top topics

join