It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever Happened To The Global Warming Myth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
It's been busy collapsing an ice shelf the size of New York in Antarctica.

Wow, there are still people out there that actually believe that drivel.

Buddy, quit trying to scare people, is it not painfully clear to you that it is neither true nor working?

The globe has been scientifically proven to be on a cooling trend. In fact the world has cooled every year since 1998 It is an undeniable fact, and no amount of scare mongering like you've posted here will change it.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
You know, I might be off topic here but I just wanted to take a minute and thank all you informed, reasonable people for chiming in and expressing yourselves on this matter.

When I first came to ATS, the idea that climate change was impacted by anything other than automobile exhaust was met with a brick wall of emotion but not much science. Over the years, as more and more information (most coming from common sense high school science texts) has become available I have seen the majority of users on here awaken from the propaganda scare machine and embrace science rather than blindly following a list of talking points.

Finally, once again, its acceptable to question the known or in this case, the fairy tale. To me, that's true science. As I have stated for years, climate change has always, is currently, and always will be happening. its natural and cyclical. There are plenty of good reasons to move to alternative energy but I fear once this tactic is exposed as the farse it is, the whole environmental movement will suffer for it. We will all lose credibility with the everyday people.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Actually, since 2/3rds of the population is going to die from bio weapons right about NOW

The trend will need to be in the direction of where will we get the Green House gasses from with all the extra plants covering the cities soaking it up...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I once asked this by writing to a national newpaper, who I noticed were doing a worrying pattern:

Why when the weather is cool, do the Green Reporters refer to it as Climate Change but, when it's warm do these same people call it Global Warming?

They didnt reply

My theory is, it sells newspapers

As for Ice sheets cracking off, that happens every year since we've had an ice shelf. The Green Media always film in spring (hey, Global Warming) when the ice shelves begin to melt and use the same footage whenever they talk about the 'Global Warming' trend. Why? No reporter wants to go up there in the Autumn or Winter.

One inconvenent truth that was quickly pushed aside and never fully investigated was, why is Mars warming up as well?
National Geographic

My belief is that the media has its share of Green Reporters, who have to defend their positions by constantly spewing out reports, whether founded or not. If global warming was found not to be caused by humans, then a lot of them would be out of a job in a quick pen stroke

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
I once asked this by writing to a national newpaper, who I noticed were doing a worrying pattern:

Why when the weather is cool, do the Green Reporters refer to it as Climate Change but, when it's warm do these same people call it Global Warming?

They didnt reply

My theory is, it sells newspapers

As for Ice sheets cracking off, that happens every year since we've had an ice shelf. The Green Media always film in spring (hey, Global Warming) when the ice shelves begin to melt and use the same footage whenever they talk about the 'Global Warming' trend. Why? No reporter wants to go up there in the Autumn or Winter.

One inconvenent truth that was quickly pushed aside and never fully investigated was, why is Mars warming up as well?
National Geographic

My belief is that the media has its share of Green Reporters, who have to defend their positions by constantly spewing out reports, whether founded or not. If global warming was found not to be caused by humans, then a lot of them would be out of a job in a quick pen stroke

Actually you haven't read the article you have quoted, and no ice sheets have not been just cracking off every year - you hav done no research on thsi matter, have no ide of the ideas surrounding it, nor have you done any serious reading. This is not simply a matter which you can come in and quote the garbage others are posting because it is cool or trendy. It si seriously affecting the lives of millions, people are dying of this on the scale of tens of thousands already - this is not a joke, a conspriacy or somethign to be treated lightly. How about you learn to have some respect anddo some serious research intot he facts rather than jsut cherry picking false information taken completely out of context which is nothing more than a total misrepresentation fo the truth and a lie.
It is thoroughly and completely dishonest to quote an article which has completely dicredits what you have just written.....it states clearly that Mars climate variations are due to planetary wobble in its orbit - that makes you a liar. You are ignorant and a liar -you need to start informaing yourself of the facts and presenting what you read with honesty..

[edit on 1-5-2009 by audas]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Actually you haven't read the article you have quoted, and no ice sheets have not been just cracking off every year - you hav done no research on thsi matter, have no ide of the ideas surrounding it, nor have you done any serious reading. This is not simply a matter which you can come in and quote the garbage others are posting because it is cool or trendy. It si seriously affecting the lives of millions, people are dying of this on the scale of tens of thousands already - this is not a joke, a conspriacy or somethign to be treated lightly. How about you learn to have some respect anddo some serious research intot he facts rather than jsut cherry picking false information taken completely out of context which is nothing more than a total misrepresentation fo the truth and a lie.
It is thoroughly and completely dishonest to quote an article which has completely dicredits what you have just written.....it states clearly that Mars climate variations are due to planetary wobble in its orbit - that makes you a liar. You are ignorant and a liar -you need to start informaing yourself of the facts and presenting what you read with honesty..

[edit on 1-5-2009 by audas]

Liar is a strong word indeed, and I suggest you think twice before using such strong terms
Actually I have read the article. This is but one article, I was not prepared to go through and put EVERY article on the page, that would be whats Google is for. Perhaps you can explain where in the article I have misquoted?

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun. "The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said.

I don't think head of space research at St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia is a hobby, do you? I think before he makes such statements, he has a good long think about it as his job is at stake

Ice sheets DO crack off every year, its called Spring. This is where the winter ice begins to warm and glaciers by the sea deposit their ice, which in turn make icebergs.

So before you start using the term 'Liar', perhaps you should actually back up your own claims rather just regurgitating the same force fed media crap

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by peacejet

Well considering that Antarctica is piling on better than 5 feet of ice per year and there area 850,000 square kilometers more sea ice than normal...and we haven't had a sun spot in nearly 2 years, I'd say they are trying to figure out how to go from telling us the earth is warming to breaking the news that the annual planting zones are all going to shift south one zone in the next 25 years and we'll likely all starve to death without looking like the lying opportunist they are. CO2 rise was the result of the warming trend called deglaciation. That, by the way, ended as of 1998. NASA and Goddard cooked their books to match their prediction. Their funding was on the line. Try Google for some interesting reads on the "Dalton Minimum" Jokingly enough, astrophysicists are calling this the Gore Minimum. Yeah, its the longest solar minimum in 160 years. No sun spots mean no magnetic shield for earth meaning all radiation from the sun gets through, builds water vapor and cloud cover until it begins to lower global temperatures. Tada! Another Little Ice Age right on schedule. signature When did "skeptic" become a dirty word in science? When did a skeptic require quotation marks around it?

From Astrocreep, earlier in the thread.

This is the point i was getting at. Thanks, Astrocreep

TA

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I prefer the term Climate change.

and Human Caused Global Warming is a sham to take our money and make us pay for more # taxes.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alittler

You say they do not have sufficient knowledge, but where do you get the idea that you have enough to doubt any form of scientific consensus? Of course it isnt democratic, do you grab a group of peers to see if the pen you throw off the table will drop to the floor? No, you try hard. You have no reason to doubt anything scientific except an apparently overwhelming urge to defy as much of anything that you can.

You wasted our time setting up a phony new account on ATS, just to post this non-sequitur. Multiple accounts by the same person are a violation of the T & C. Your random comments have no relation to what I said, and did not say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join