It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tamiflu Excretion into the Water supply?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What this document is saying is that TAMIFLU once Excreted is still ACTIVE & can genetically exchange between Influenza viruses in Wildfowl & HUMANS once in the WATER SUPPLY!?!

What do you guys think, is this Probable/Possible? With everything going on right now I wouldnt doubt it, so this should atleast be out in the OPEN....

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Inspiration1911]

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Inspiration1911]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30 Apr 09 by Gools]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Wow... very interesting point. Although the virus is dead when it is made into a vaccine I see no reason for another virus not being able to acquire genetic material from it.

I'd like to hear from someone who knows about pathogens than I do, because this whole thing is new to me.

Good post! Very interesting.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Tamiflu is an extraction of the tropical fruit star anise. It does not have the capability to shift virus genomes or anything like it. It is NOT a vaccine, but a compound designed to help resist specifically the avian flu, and also to help with the symptoms.

Human beings cannot "cure" a virus. None of them, not even the common cold (rhinovirus). Only the human body can do that.

If Tamiflu was dumped into a water supply, then that amounts to wasted Tamiflu, although I must say that I would NEVER take it myself, nor a vaccine. If I get sick, my body will whip it like past viruses, or it will not.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I hope this is not true because I'm a diabetic with a low imune system anyway.
I was at the store today and people were buying alot of water.

What do you think about boiling the water?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Well, I heard that boiling water can Increase the FLOURIDE in the Water. Not sure if thats true, but after I moved here I was always thirsty & could never finish my 20oz of Filtered TAP water I always had with me because my body was Rejecting it.
Finially, started drinking REVERSED OSMOSIS water & that seems to be really helping....Im able to drink more water & Im not as thirsty as before.

I would really suggest EVERYONE drinking REVERSED OSMOSIS because it eliminates the Flouride which is found in TOOTHPASTE!

HTHs!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I on't know how good filters are, but the recycling of water is becoming more common in drought effected countries.
Does this trash just keep recycling through the entire system?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is a tiny bit off-topic, but sorta in response to some of the recent posts.

Can any of you capture rainwater? Of course, I would only suggest that in places where the air is relatively clean. We capture rainwater via gutters off our metal roof, which then goes into a concrete cistern. The roof is coated with an elastomeric paint, which I believe is pretty much chemically inert once cured. That rainwater is then pumped into the house and pressurized via a 12-volt pump which has a demand switch on it...... it only comes on when we use the water, and it pressurizes the house to 40 psi.

We've acquired a Big Berkey. It's an excellent filter, and removes solids and a whole host of other disagreeable matter. Everything we drink or cook with is run through the BB first.

p.s. unless legislation has changed, it is illegal to capture rainwater in......... wait for it............. Colorado. wth?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by argentus]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, but I wouldnt want to drink Rain Water in areas where theres Chemtrails....and theres alot over here in Tx

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Inspiration1911

I'd be really interested in an analysis of several brands of bottled water. I've heard talk that some of them are just tapwater bottled.

The chemtrail issue might be another thing to tackle. It might be interesting also to capture some rainwater and have it analyzed. Used to be that U.S. county water authorities could do a basic analysis for around $50.00....... if a person wanted to know everything in water, that'd be more expensive severalfold. Probably talking atomic absorption test, and when I used to use labs regularly 15 years ago, AA tests were $350.00 EACH. ouch!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thats true, and Ive even heard that their trying to make it manditory to Add Flouride into EVERY bottled water. But if you can find the bottled water or a company that does Reverse Osmosis...because its an actual process where it takes out all those dangerous metals like barium or Fluoride.

Hmmm...there has to be someone on here with some doe that can test the rainwater!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Okay, whether this is true or not I think we should get more response on this topic because if it gets into our Water by all Tamiflu waste from all the hysteria lately then what would we All DO?

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
www.ehponline.org...

paper to look at anyways. I had some bottled water yesterday and it had flouride in, I didn't realise until later on, 0.1 was the reading. Where you can buy reverse osmosis filters?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
They sell it online, or you can get it at sears for about $300. It might seem expensive at first, but then you dont have to worry about drinking from water bottles which will add up anyway....

Or you can go to walmart, (I forget the name of the company) they have Reversed Osmosis gallon refill there. Its alot better than buying from individual bottles because you dont have to buy as much.

new topics

top topics

join