It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA May Abandon Plans For MOON Base

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

NASA May Abandon Plans For MOON Base

www.newscientist.com

Nasa will probably not build a outpost on the moon,as originally planned, the agency's leading administrator Chris Scolese, told lawmaker's on Wednesday. His comments also hinted the agency is open to put more emphasis on human missions to destination's like Mars or a near-Earth asteroid.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Apparently Nasa had wanted to get the Astronauts back on the Cheese Rock by 2020 and start the work on a permanent base.

Now the boys are thinking of Mars as a destination with countries of the world getting together as 1. Mars or a Asteriod are goals now. Sounds like some infighting as to what the goals should be and within what budget levels

www.newscientist.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Perhaps they abandoned the Moon Base after they figured out that they already had one up there. Wonder when they'll "figure out" that they already have one on Mars.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's said in some circles that the extraterrestrials on the moon warned off NASA from returning after the original moon missions. It's possible that they never intended to build a moon base because of this.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Russians are planning on building one anyway by 2020,so its not like the exploration of space ie scientific research or manned missions to mars are going in the trash thankfully.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm. It was my understanding that the "new" moon race was to mine Helium 3 which is abundant on the Moon, rare on Earth. In order to fuel fusion reactors to solve our energy demands. What happened to this or am I mis-remembering again?

Regards...KK

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I find it interesting that I saw this thread yesterday and today, I came accross the trailer for a new movie called "Moon":Website
Moon mining, eh?
The computer/bot reminds me of HAL with emoticons. :s
That's some funky synchronicity if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yea,kinda like how NASA abandoned their Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Lab in 2002,due to "budget constraints"........It only had a 1.6 million dollar budget!There was some good progress being made,but I am sure someone finally informed them that we already have FTL drives.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
what is the deal with this design??

a big steel stairway to climb up then a walk way to walk down just to enter the thing?
and look how small it is. you don't need a huge walkway and a long staircase that long to get into something that small.

if the moon's gravity is what they "say it is" and people hop and skip around on it's surface like we see on the moon movies.. then they could just hop up to the doorway .. or hop up to the walk way for that matter instead of going up 11-12 stair steps with railings..

that design fails hardcore.

why does everything that goes to the moon have to look like such crap? function over form - function over form.. yeah well it's the year 2009 we can afford some form.

hire some freaking italian designers or something.

hell hire ILM.

-

[edit on 30-4-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

a big steel stairway to climb up then a walk way to walk down just to enter the thing?
and look how small it is. you don't need a huge walkway and a long staircase that long to get into something that small.

if the moon's gravity is what they "say it is" and people hop and skip around on it's surface like we see on the moon movies.. then they could just hop up to the doorway .. or hop up to the walk way for that matter instead of going up 11-12 stair steps with railings..

why does everything that goes to the moon have to look like such crap? function over form - function over form.. yeah well it's the year 2009 we can afford some form.

hell hire ILM.

-

The steps are not needed but I believe the rest is most likely a depressurization chamber.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It doesn't seem like the U.S would ever allow another country to get the jump on them and I can't see how the U.S could let another country do something as monuments as building a moon base while they sit idly by .

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

It doesn't seem like the U.S would ever allow another country to get the jump on them and I can't see how the U.S could let another country do something as monuments as building a moon base while they sit idly by .

It would make sense if Nasa was looking at a bigger picture

Me personaly , moon base seems like a waste of time

go for Mars

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Yea,kinda like how NASA abandoned their Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Lab in 2002,due to "budget constraints"........It only had a 1.6 million dollar budget!There was some good progress being made,but I am sure someone finally informed them that we already have FTL drives.

When a project goes due to "budget constraints", it means its gone black.

But then a few of us here have been saying for some time we already have a base there since 1962 and that the gravity is NOT as they tell us...

As to the HE3... follow up on H H Schmitt, Apollo 17 Astronaut, Geologist and Senator who owns Inter Lune Inter Mars LLC, a mining concern... He is also heavily involved with the University of Wisconsin/Madison and their fusion projects... like the 1992 Project Soar fusion rocket...

Sorry don't have time to do this all over again now... but H H Schmitt's name is on the USGS topographical mining map of Copernicus crater along with Shoemaker. The thing is this highly detailed map was made in 1967, two years before we supposedly went there the first time. (Map available at LPI)

Also check out this patent issues to NASA in 1992...

Method of Delivering Lunar Generated Fluid
to Earth Orbit Using an External Tank

Publication number: US5092545
Publication date: 1992-03-03
Inventor: BUTTERFIELD ANSEL J (US); GOSLEE JOHN W (US)
Applicant: NASA (US)

Here is the abstract:

A method and apparatus are provided for delivering lunar generated fluid to Earth orbit from lunar orbit. Transport takes place in an external tank of a shuttle which has been suitably outfitted in Earth orbit for reusable travel between Earth orbit and a lunar orbit. The outfitting of the external tank includes the adding of an engine, an electrical system, a communication system, a guidance system, an aerobraking device, and a plurality of interconnected fluid storage tanks to the hydrogen and oxygen tanks of the external tank. The external tank is then propelled to lunar orbit the first time using Earth based propellant. In lunar orbit, the storage tanks are filled with the lunar generated fluid with the remainder tank volumes filled with lunar generated liquid oxygen and hydrogen which serve as propellants for returning the tank to Earth orbit where the fluid is off-loaded. The remaining lunar generated oxygen and hydrogen is then sufficient to return the external tank to lunar orbit so that a subsequent cycle of fluid delivery is repeated. A space station in a higher Earth orbit is preferably used to outfit the external tank, and a lunar node in lunar orbit is used to store and transfer the fluid and liquid oxygen and hydrogen to the external tank. The lunar generated fluid is preferably 3He.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

It does not surprise me that NASA made this statement... it was expected LOL but not this soon...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany
Me personaly , moon base seems like a waste of time

So what... we just leave three trillion metric tons of HE3 up there when 25 tons can power the entire USA for 1 year with a clean and safe fuel? There is enough up there to power the entire planet for over 10,000 YEARS and HE3 fusion leaves no waste products to contaminate the environment, nor does it require much radiation shielding...

Meh... I guess we can just leave it for the Russians..

Or the Chineese...

China Moon by Buzz Aldrin (who is partners in Gravwave LLC, a company involved in anti gravity research with CHINA)

revver.com...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mtheory

Originally posted by prevenge

hell hire ILM.

-

The steps are not needed but I believe the rest is most likely a depressurization chamber.

i know .. i'm just talking about the freaking walkway and stairs.

-

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You bring up some excellent points .

If they were to cancel such a project , given the ramifications such a decision would mean , not only to national pride but to world status one can't help but wonder what gives ?

Dare I take a guess to some reasons

1. they already have or are so far advanced in tech that they do not care
2. there simply is no money and the government plans to be part of some new super state government by that time do to financial collapse
3. the van alan belt is truly a block wall and prevents our passage through it .
4. they simply are not capable of doing it in the intended time frame set out

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's a shame if this turns out to be the choice NASA finally takes. I think maybe its time to start looking at these problems on a global scale, include russia and china in buliding and mining the moon, and split the costs and the profits.

To Prevenge, I think the stairs and walkway on the design are to help remove moon dust, which is very powder like and cused problems on early moon missions.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

My Bad.

I'll be the first to admit that I know Diddly about the potenial of the

moon's resources, if what you say is correct , about the energy potenial,

then I'min full agreement with you, my statement was a laymen's

of exploring further from earth,

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Dude they pulled some shelved crap from the 70's for that!

You are right, this is the 21st century! That thing should LOOK like something designed in the 21st century!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
its not my theory but the fact that i have read it now in multiple places by multiple authors leads me teo believe it is true or at least close to the truth.
the reason they arent going back is that the moon is an ancient spacecraft owned by a reptilian race. and it might be reactivated. the fact that it is hollow and was not always there is just added support.
i dont COMPLETELY believe this but i think its the best idea ive heard.
sources:
the moon book by bevan french, penguin books
montauk; the alien connection by stuard swerdlow, sky books
there were one or two other books but they are in storage so i cant recall them
i think one was by van daniken
heres some more sources that will help you see its the only thing that makes sense in filling in all the blanks of our questions about the moon and its origins:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join