It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else feeling under the weather, comes and goes during the day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Since Friday I have been feeling as if there is something working in my body. My old grandfather would call it " Hanging for something".

I have a cough on and off during the day and the occasional shiver. I dont have any pain nor sore throat, runny nose or headache. One minute Im absolutly fine then an hour later feel weak and under the weather.

As a rule Im very rarely unwell and dont visit my doctor to the extent that he asked how i was last time I visited (he was being sarcastic/funny).

Those whom i meet are saying they dont feel quite right as well, but like me cant put their finger on what it is that they are actually feeling, difficult to describe and mmmm are the usual interactions.

Others are stating that so many people round about them are feeling the same.

My grandsons nursery teacher told me today that he has not been himself all week
, he is refusing food ! not like him at all and has been asking for his bed instead of having to be strapped in it.

I know the flu outbreak is on everyones mind but this is not like the start of a flu or even the first sign of a cold.

I would say its something i havnt quite felt before. Its not incapasatating in any way. Hasnt got any worse. But its there !

Is anyone else feeling this?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i have felt something, what it is i don't know, off and on for the last two days. Its best described as a stuffy head. Add to that the feeling one normally gets when at the onset of a cold, such as watery eyes, a sort of fatigue, etc.

i do not have allergies, never had, and besides, this feeling lasts for about an hour and a half to two hours, then goes away. i'm willing to bet it is psychological, due to the sheer amounts of swine flu info we are being bombarded with. In all reality, the swine flu thing isn't even that serious. Not at the moment anyways. i'll be more worried when people start dropping in the hundreds in multiple states.

My advice is exactly what i did when i felt this a couple days ago. Go do something that works your body, such as a long walk, when you get back, run a steam bath and soak. Its a placebo for the psychological effect. Works even if you know its a placebo.

also, you maybe focusing on the minor things which you don't usually pay attention to. Such as your grandson, or other people, who may also be getting psychologically affected by all the swine flu info. Its like a social endemic, where people tell someone they know about what they are feeling, and those that get told, start to feel things as well.

love and peace

edit to correct mistake

[edit on 29-4-2009 by M157yD4wn]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am so freakin paranoid with this swine flu talk.I feel really crappy and sneezing.I know its probably allergies but still feel kind of scared.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yes, and the stomach acid is uncontrolable even with the old prescription formula. I started a yoga class today and got very sick in it. My boss has been feeling really bad for two weeks with no relief in sight.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by M157yD4wn

The " What it is I dont Know" sums up realy well what Im feeling as well.

I agree as well with the fact that a brisk walk makes a diffirence as Ive been ok for a few hours after physicall excercise. But it comes back. Also i should have said in the OP, I dont sleep to well but have been sleeping like a baby since the weekend.

One of my aquaintances on here said "Och its just you going to a higher frequency" we are all feeling it. Made me laugh so much.

He could be right mind you.

respects

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Yeah, i feel like that.
However, I also stay up until 4 every night/morning, and drink a fair amount of caffeine.
When I'm fairly active, I'm alright. But if I sit still or have to something really active, I feel worn out.
I also have allergies and a fairly sensitive nose that put my sinuses out of whack if I start to sneeze.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Yep. But this isn't a new thing for me. I usually am pretty robust during the winter months. But I get a few coughs and such, nothing serious, though. Oh, I get the seasonal blues which become deep depression, but I feel physically well most of thet time. Until this last winter. I took my flu shot in October. Usually take it, but not always. But this time I got sick and it lasted from November until around mid March. So unusual for me. And I have a sister, who in her 60 years of life has not had a respiratory illness, until early this spring. This was shocking to me because she is very health conscious. I am usually over such illnesses by this time. My sister uses many herbs, natural healing compounds, preventative measures, even uses one of those battery operated silver coloidal things and is a vision of health. Until this year. Now, I have always jokingly predicted that she will die long before me even though she maintains a healthy lifestyle, while I just herk and jerk along, lol, and don't give much thought to what I put in my body. But when she got sick, I was astounded and sorry I had made those jokes over the years. I stopped smoking cigars the first of April when the nazis in our state government raised taxes greatly on tobacco. But, strange, since last week, I now have congestion in my upper respiratory system. Hmmmm...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by M157yD4wn

The " What it is I dont Know" sums up realy well what Im feeling as well.

I agree as well with the fact that a brisk walk makes a diffirence as Ive been ok for a few hours after physicall excercise. But it comes back. Also i should have said in the OP, I dont sleep to well but have been sleeping like a baby since the weekend.

One of my aquaintances on here said "Och its just you going to a higher frequency" we are all feeling it. Made me laugh so much.

He could be right mind you.

respects

Creeping me out
When you said about sleeping like a baby my mouth almost dropped. This is how I feel and I usually can NEVER sleep when I want to(especially if I want to.) The last couple days I've been feeling really lazy and crappy and can sleep prettymuch any time, untill any time.

I don't think it's allergies I don't think I have ever been effected by any. The last few years I've been prettymuch imune to sickness too, even when everyone around me has something.

I'm gunna hope it's pychological like someone mentioned. My conspiracy side is thinking imune system lowering for the 'swine flu' though.

new topics

top topics

join