It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman: Dad was the Zodiac Killer, and I can prove it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Woman: Dad was the Zodiac Killer, and I can prove it

www.sfgate.com

04-29) 15:15 PDT SAN FRANCISCO -- With a flourish of bravado and drama, an Orange County woman proclaimed to a raucous crowd of reporters and self-proclaimed sleuths today that her late father was the Zodiac killer who terrorized the Bay Area 40 years ago.

Deborah Perez, a 47-year-old real estate agent in Orange County, said she accompanied her father on at least two of the Zodiac slayings, wrote the killer's letter to San Francisco attorney Melvin Belli, and has a pair of glasses she said her father snatched as a trophy from his last known victim.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
First deep throat and now perhaps the Zodiac? No doubt her claims will be scrutinized and if found true, could she be held accountable for keeping it quiet? I know she claims she was a child, but at what point did she realize who and what he was. No doubt she has some sort of profit angle here with this disclosure.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow! The conspiracy here is it was 40 years ago? Thanks for making me feel old!

I suppose it's possible the Zodiac might have incorporated his young daughter into his plans. True sadists tend to gravitate towards both extremes of great acts of kindness and affection to horrible acts of sadism and degredation.

It's the intimate understanding with both that provides a genuine appreciation emotionally for both.

Now the Zodiac believed his victims would serve him in the after life...probably a Mormon or exposed to their way of thinking...and it had long been presumed he might have killed himself shortly after the crimes stopped in order to avail himself of his newly acquired eternal slaves.

So it would be interesting to know just when he did die and the precise details of his relationship of his daughter. If it turned incestuous with palpable ellements of Dominance and submission then clinically she would have a textbook defence as a victim suffering mental and physical harm that would likely allow her to legally escape any responsibility or culpability she herself might have in the whole sordid affair.

Next time post something on the Black Dhalia so I can feel young again...pretty please!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
surely she would have consulted a lawyer before outting herself her. She must have assurances of being in the clear. She's probably already written the book and sold the movie rights. In fact the book is probably ready to be released and she is beginning her author's tour. Too bad she did this right when obama reached 100 days. press won't have much time for her.

If this is really true, I don't know what to think. It would have been terribly damaging to her psychologically, to live with this. So why did she call a press conference?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I always thought Arthur Allen was the killer-- such a good candidate!

Maybe this woman is telling the truth, but it all sounds a little melodramatic for me. Reminds me of the guy who admitted to killing Jon Benet Ramsey and left it up to the police to prove he didn't.

I think this woman just wants the attention, in my two cents worth of an opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by earlywatcher
So why did she call a press conference?

That's my point. If my father were a serial killer and I could prove it, I would just go quietly to the police station and pray like hell the press didn't pick up on it. I wouldn't want people to know.

I bet this woman has dollar signs in her eyes.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

I know a member of his family and they are convinced as well. According to them he is sociopathic and his level of intelligence may be genius level (both traits I look for in a successful serial killer).

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Originally posted by Alora

I know a member of his family and they are convinced as well. According to them he is sociopathic and his level of intelligence may be genius level (both traits I look for in a successful serial killer).

Too many pieces fit together with him, imo: the watch, the ambidextrous usages to change the handwriting...and on and on. I don't want to turn this into an Arthur Allen thread (sorry if I did). But I will be completely floored is someone else does prove to be the killer.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Being somewhat younger than all the old fossils around here, I have never heard about the Zodiac killer. I then saw the Zodiac film by David Fincher and was hooked. Such a mysterious and strange case. If this woman's story turns out to be true, it will make it all the more stranger. Definitely keeping an eye on this case. It's a nice break from all this swine flu madness.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Old fossils, eh? I wasn't alive when the killings took place and I still managed to hear about it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
A slight update:

No, the Zodiac has not been identified. The story told today by Deborah Perez at the press conference in San Francisco differs from the original claims she made to me about a year ago via e-mail and voicemail, which I still have. Why has Perez changed her story? And why did she lie about being related to the ex-husband of a Zodiac victim? Details and updates can be found at the Zodiackiller.com message board... Enter Zodiackiller.com

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A slight update:

No, the Zodiac has not been identified. The story told today by Deborah Perez at the press conference in San Francisco differs from the original claims she made to me about a year ago via e-mail and voicemail, which I still have. Why has Perez changed her story? And why did she lie about being related to the ex-husband of a Zodiac victim? Details and updates can be found at the Zodiackiller.com message board... Enter Zodiackiller.com

Edited to add that if you actually want to read the message board, it is a $5 "donation" to do so. Bleh!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Alora]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
there you go! those $5 mount up pretty quickly. she doesn't have to be or know anybody, just raise the issue and put enough updates to keep people logging in and spreading the word. dollars in her eyes indeed!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
So uh did they place her under arrest for accomplise to murder? I mean thats what the law calls for, she wants to be famous and all she should be in prison.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Last year :This guy said it was his step father.

Then also there was a guy who swore his dad did it and he also found the hood in the broken vcr or tape deck ( wish i could find that link again ) also wrote a book and had a film about it. grrrr.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Reading the article makes for an interesting story without a doubt; and what comes of this will be fascinating to watch. Especially with so many movies and other Hollywood interests over the years.

My take is that there are too many holes in her story. I know that "Repressed Memory" exists, I am also acutely aware that many of those "Repressed Memories" can be fabricated and or confused during the process used to "Bring them out".

This is the part however that smells the most..

Privately, some investigators wondered if the timing of Perez's announcement - publicized by Hollywood PR agent Edward Lozzi, renowned for dating the late Anna Nicole Smith - had something to do with a documentary on her story that she is hoping to finish soon.

SFGate

Should be fun to watch everything transpire no matter how it turns out.

Semper

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There's always been people claiming to know who the Zodiac is/was and I bet this will continue happening. I think the case could be solved though, just look at the three decades old serial killing cases that have been put to rest in California this week (and that guy may be responsible for more unsolved murder cases). I've always been a fan of the theories involving two murderers, not at the scene of the crimes together, but perhaps working together to choose victims and write the letters. Either way with one murderer or not it's safe to say that someone out there knows something more about this case or will discover startling evidence at any given moment.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This may not be totally on-topic, but a last year there was a suspected copycat of the Zodiac that killed a pregnant soldier in North Carolina.
Suspected Zodiac copycat

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Last year :This guy said it was his step father.

Then also there was a guy who swore his dad did it and he also found the hood in the broken vcr or tape deck ( wish i could find that link again ) also wrote a book and had a film about it. grrrr.

Yes, that's what I thought too. Here is a link to update on the story you linked.

cbs13.com...

Enjoy!

[edit on 1-5-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
yeah, I don't know if I buy it. maybe her father killed some people but that doesn't mean he was Zodiac. I still think Allen was Zodiac

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join