It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia passes teen curfew law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Russia passes teen curfew law

www.abc.net.au

The Kremlin's website has announced that Mr Medvedev has approved the changes to children's rights legislation, allowing regional authorities to bar unaccompanied minors from a range of public places at night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Interesting. Why would Russia bring in teen curfew laws right now? I mean of course society around the world these days has a youth crime problem, but I don't see that a curfew is necessarily the best way to deal with it.

The link between changes in US laws regarding emergency powers and new terrorism laws getting enacted around the world and now curfew laws being introduced in Russia cannot be just coincidental. A sign of degenerating society or preparations for the NWO?

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At the moment, in the US the decision to implement teen curfews is left up to the counties in individual states. It's been this way for quite a while. In the biggest city closest to me, if you're under 18 you can't be out past 10 PM unless its a work related outing. It's a slippery slope and i'm sure that eventually a curfew will be passed at the national level eventually.

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Why would Russia bring in teen curfew laws right now?

As for that, i'm sure its just another step toward controlling the entire populace, not just those under a certain age. We'll be seeing more and more of this type of thing as the globalist agenda is furthered.

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What possible reason could a teenager have to be out at say 11pm on a school night except doing something they probably shouldn't be doing in the first place. I fail to see how there is anything wrong with a curfew for kids who should be in bed at a reasonable time and not out causing trouble at night.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

What possible reason could an adult have to be out past 11 PM? The point isn't what they may or may not be doing. The point is, in a free society there should be no curfew, period. As i stated previously, this is a slippery slope and if we don't watch our government as well as we should be, adults could be the next group slapped with this kind of tyrannic law.

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Adults have jobs which have them on-call, errands to run which they might not be able to get done during the day due to work hours, etc. Children don't have anywhere near the same duties and obligations so I see no reason why they should be out at 2am on a weekday unless its some kind of planned family/civic/etc event. There are very few things to do at such late hours that are actually good for kids, in fact most of what I did during those hours when I was growing up most certainly was not a good idea in hindsight.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

in fact most of what I did during those hours when I was growing up most certainly was not a good idea in hindsight.

That, i can relate to

However, the government should have no say in how one chooses to raise one's children. If i want to allow my kids to stay out until 3AM, i should have the right to allow it, and they should have the right to do it. This is just another fine example of Big Brother overstepping his bounds by trying to raise people's kids for them. If the children are causing trouble at any time, they should be punished appropriately, but this is going over the line.

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I also seemingly remember Russia banning Goth and Emo trends recently. So its fine if you wish to be a Skinhead neo-Nazi or a Thug, but chose to be a nice person who just so happens to dress in Black and you'll get locked up for it

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

You are right that kids out and about in teh wee hours of the night is usually a sign of mischief, but really making sure kids are in bed asleep at night is the parents obligation. If the kids are out and about it should be with the parents consent or they are not doing their job.

So what we have here is the state beginning to enforce parental roles and the next step is the state enacting legal rulles for what kids should and shouldn't do. If you go down the path of eroding the family responsibilities it won't end at night time curfew's, there will also be standards on education and bring up children with the right 'beliefs'.

top topics

join